Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 11:35   #196
BHPian

The poll result so far is a clear indication of how much T-BHP loves the Cedia. City VTEC = 40 votes, Cedia Select = 185 votes. Landslide victory for the Cedia

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 18th April 2008 at 11:45.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:07   #197
BHPian

Another vote for Cedia over the City. An overall better package compared to the city.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:27   #198
BANNED

Which speed run? who conducted?
These are the figures:
  1. Honda Civic: 16.2
  2. Honda City VTEC: 17.91
  3. Mitsibishi Cedia: 18.2
  4. Honda City Gxi: 19.1
Source
Important point to note is NHC Gxi is just .9 second late than Cedia. I think we can live with for the FE it offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The quarter mile times for a stock cedia in the recently concluded speed run was 16.9x while that of a civic was 18.x. (both street stock category) If the civic is so far behind, its hopeless to even talk about the city.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:32   #199
Senior - BHPian

I wonder who tested these . Get it from some credible source first not some random sulekha website which doesnt even specialize in automobiles. In the recently concluded speedrun, not a single stock civic could do below 18odd. Check the Street stock 1651-2050cc category. The only thing faster stock is probably the OHC VTec and the RS.

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/spee...indiancars.pdf

Last edited by reignofchaos : 18th April 2008 at 12:38.
Old 18th April 2008, 15:10   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Which speed run? who conducted?
These are the figures:
  1. Honda Civic: 16.2
  2. Honda City VTEC: 17.91
  3. Mitsibishi Cedia: 18.2
  4. Honda City Gxi: 19.1
Source
Important point to note is NHC Gxi is just .9 second late than Cedia. I think we can live with for the FE it offers.
Also strange point to note is that the GXi takes 3.4s more than the Cedia for 0-100kmph. I wonder how it does a quarter mile in only 0.9s more

If it does do it in 19.1s and the VTEC does it in 17.91, why buy the VTEC even? Live with the FE and power of the GXi.
Old 18th April 2008, 15:14   #201
Senior - BHPian

^^Shows you how credible those figures are .
Old 18th April 2008, 15:54   #202
BHPian

Have voted for Cedia Select, although i have neither driven the NHC V-TEC nor the Cedia Select/ Sports. I remember the Cedia getting launched some time 2 years back, when my dad got the Fiesta 1.6 SXI. But at that point of time it was just out of his budget as we wanted to buy two cars the other being the Alto LXi.
Old 18th April 2008, 16:02   #203
BANNED

May I ask, (if you don't mind) what was the basis to vote for Cedia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Have voted for Cedia Select, although i have neither driven the NHC V-TEC nor the Cedia Select/ Sports.
Old 18th April 2008, 16:25   #204
BHPian

Well after we sold our Accent we were looking for a new car and were considering the options like the Skoda Rider, Corolla( now that we have one), and then the newly launched Cedia. The thought of owning a 2.0 L car after using the 1.5 L Accent and also the OHC 1.5 EXI then in the family (owned by my uncle) was a very natural thing, and we thought we could. But unfortunately we couldn't shellout that much of moolah at that point of time and so we dropped the plan. However, now given that option will go for the Cedia
Old 18th April 2008, 17:31   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Also strange point to note is that the GXi takes 3.4s more than the Cedia for 0-100kmph. I wonder how it does a quarter mile in only 0.9s more

If it does do it in 19.1s and the VTEC does it in 17.91, why buy the VTEC even? Live with the FE and power of the GXi.
The figures mentioned by diabloo seem to match the figures at carwale.com too. If you dont believe carwale.com then I will not believe the autocar team. The only way to test the car times over a quarter mile in my book is to drive the vehicles in the same conditions with the same drivers in the hot seat. After all there is a small thing called drivers that can make a tremendous difference.

Everyone seems to be Cedia crazy here. I still dont understand a 2litre engine churning out 115 bhp. Outdated technology in my books. And no FE to support that? Well I would go for the Hondas any day. A City Vtec churns out a 100 odd bhp with an engine that is 75% the engine capacity. And higher FE to boot. Well well....

I have heard a lot about the prowess of the Mitsubhish in the rallies. The fans really like to boast about it. Well, I ain't doing no rallying mate. And with that in mind I would stick to the City. Better FE, definitely better technology, and better image.
Old 18th April 2008, 17:46   #206
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand the point in discussing as the qualities of both the cars are quite obvious.
Each car has its own sets of advantages and disadvantages .
BTW I Dont know about the acceleration figures of CEdia but the way the engine climbs to redline is something to be experienced first hand.
That said even VTEC is good but it simply wont match the driving dynamics or braking of CEdia .
Old 18th April 2008, 17:56   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Everyone seems to be Cedia crazy here. I still dont understand a 2litre engine churning out 115 bhp. Outdated technology in my books. And no FE to support that? Well I would go for the Hondas any day. A City Vtec churns out a 100 odd bhp with an engine that is 75% the engine capacity. And higher FE to boot. Well well....

I have heard a lot about the prowess of the Mitsubhish in the rallies. The fans really like to boast about it. Well, I ain't doing no rallying mate. And with that in mind I would stick to the City. Better FE, definitely better technology, and better image.
The Freak , let me tell you my story . I hated CEdia when it was launched in India . The car looked really stupid. When I was searching for a car I had never even considered Cedia in my list (which included Accord/Mondeo/RS/Lancer) .
One fine night LOL ! in bangalore right near to forum , I saw a guy taking the U turn in the V junction @ about 11 Pm in the night , He was easily doing 70 plus . The whole scene was so smooth and the car looked totally in control (the line he took had a flow) The day I returned back home I decided to test drive the car . Called up Marikar and got one for Test Drive . A 10 minute testdrive extended to 30 minute TD and the guy sitting next to me was as cold as ICE . Usually I never rip a car without getting a feel of the braking or steering but this was something else.
I agree that a bit of Cedia thing is hype but most of it is true. The car really rocks . Drive on not @ 100 , try to keep her above 100 on a winding road. Try to get her rear out and get her back in line . Brake late in a turn.
And then .... try all this in a Gxi .

Now am not a rally driver and am not a rash driver but that doesnt mean that you have to drive @70 on an empy road. Till now I have hit an indicated 190 KMPh.
Every time you drive the car , the car grows on you.

Try it , you will understand what am trying to convey.

Last edited by maxbhp : 18th April 2008 at 17:58.
Old 18th April 2008, 18:23   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The figures mentioned by diabloo seem to match the figures at carwale.com too.
That's since the Sulekha data is 'Powered by Carwale.com' - Check diabloo's link again.

Quote:
If you dont believe carwale.com then I will not believe the autocar team.
No sweat. Having been a regular reader of cars mags and auto reviews for more than a decade, I would take all such figures with a pinch of salt. I do not take Autocar data to be gospel, neither do I take CarWale as the final word. What I try to look for is maximum consistency in data from a given source.

I'm not sure whether Carwale has a dedicated team for testing. Some of their Road Tests are courtesy Car India magazine. So, if they are providing data based on different sources, then your following comment becomes very valid ...

Quote:
The only way to test the car times over a quarter mile in my book is to drive the vehicles in the same conditions with the same drivers in the hot seat. After all there is a small thing called drivers that can make a tremendous difference.
Now wonder what happens if a website pulls data from various sources and compares them. Would you trust that data more than a dedicated magazine like OD, BSM, ACI?

Check the CarWale (Car India) road test of the Cedia. It reports 11.8 seconds to the ton. Whereas the comparo data from the same site says 10.6 seconds. Believe what you will.

Quote:
Everyone seems to be Cedia crazy here.
Maybe. But then a much larger number of Indians are City crazy. Is there any problem with liking a car for one's own reasons?

Quote:
Good on you that you have identified the car that makes sense to you. The City suits your requirements to the T.
Old 18th April 2008, 18:55   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
The poll result so far is a clear indication of how much T-BHP loves the Cedia. City VTEC = 40 votes, Cedia Select = 185 votes. Landslide victory for the Cedia
YOu are right, But I hope the sales of City makes this poll alive. :-)
Old 18th April 2008, 19:06   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I kind of agree. 2 things that puts me off Cedia -
1. 2L engine churning out just 115bhp??? Civic at 1.8L churns out 132. That's very un-impressive.
2. VTEC in City. If Cedia had a MIVEC probably the tide would have turned in Cedia's favor.

BTW.. from http://www.autocarindia.com/new/spee...indiancars.pdf, it seems that the Honda City is much faster than CIVIC?? (something I find hard to digest. Maybe it's the driver. Hint - look at stock times for above 2051CC. 1.5secs difference between 2 Skoda RSs?

PS: Am waiting for the NNHC VTEC before I buy my next car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks