Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 19:20   #211
BHPian

Let me put it this way : If I was looking for a car for the family to use, it would be the NHC. For myself to drive each day, the Cedia. I still miss the Lancer which we used for 4 years....a recent drive in the Cedia confirms that Mitsu has taken the game ahead.
Old 18th April 2008, 19:25   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post

I have heard a lot about the prowess of the Mitsubhish in the rallies. The fans really like to boast about it. Well, I ain't doing no rallying mate. And with that in mind I would stick to the City. Better FE, definitely better technology, and better image.
Well unless you drive one, you won't know what you are missing. Just go test drive the car. Once you do, you'd know why everyone who owns it is crazy about it. Its not a car about raw power, its not a car about the latest technology, its neither about flaunt value or brand value.

Its the only car in its price range that gets the driving experience all right... a classic case where the whole is bigger than the sum of parts. Its one of those rare cars that just makes you feel absolutely and completely in control and urges you to push it to the limit.
Old 19th April 2008, 03:19   #213
BHPian

@ thefreak
Hi dude,
Honestly, Just take a test drive of this car. And please do let us know what you feel after that. A good car is not only about bhp and engine size. Its also about chassis and handling.And most importantly, It has to merge with the soul of the driver. And that happens only if you can associate a soul to the car as well, if u r passionate about driving. And you dont have to be a race driver or a rally driver for that my friend. Cedia defenitely gives a soulful driving experience where the gap between man and machine is minimal....It almost merges into one.
Regards,
TG.

Last edited by Torqueguru : 19th April 2008 at 03:21.
Old 19th April 2008, 04:10   #214
BHPian

both the cars are reliable also offers great ride and hanlding and dependiblity
fe may be a little less incase of teh cedia however both these casr are from different segment and i guess canot be actually compared
Old 19th April 2008, 04:55   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
both the cars are reliable also offers great ride and hanlding and dependiblity
fe may be a little less incase of teh cedia however both these casr are from different segment and i guess canot be actually compared
Well I have driven a NHC for 3 years before shifting to Cedia, And i must say, the NHC is a terrible Handler! But very smooth and comfortable at the same time.
Old 19th April 2008, 11:20   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
I still dont understand a 2litre engine churning out 115 bhp. Outdated technology in my books.
Well, I am not sure why you are talking about the bhp. What gets delivered to the wheels is the torque. Cedia delivers 175 NM of torque compared o Civic's 172. And let's not even talk about the City! It is way behind at 125 NM.

I don't have anything against the City. It is a well-refined car with a great brand value and resale. But my choice - well, I think my username makes that clear!!
Old 19th April 2008, 11:47   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
http://www.autocarindia.com/new/spee...indiancars.pdf, it seems that the Honda City is much faster than CIVIC?? (something I find hard to digest. Maybe it's the driver. Hint - look at stock times for above 2051CC. 1.5secs difference between 2 Skoda RSs?
dude - that would be the OHC 1.5 VTEC. And i wont be surprised if its fraster than Civic in a quarter mile drag.

ofcourse driver matters too - but its still a good indicator of how cars can do.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 19th April 2008 at 11:50.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:11   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Let me put it this way : If I was looking for a car for the family to use, it would be the NHC. For myself to drive each day, the Cedia. I still miss the Lancer which we used for 4 years....a recent drive in the Cedia confirms that Mitsu has taken the game ahead.
. Guess thats the simplest words used by GTO.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:26   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Well, I am not sure why you are talking about the bhp. What gets delivered to the wheels is the torque. Cedia delivers 175 NM of torque compared o Civic's 172. And let's not even talk about the City! It is way behind at 125 NM.
By that logic diesel cars should perform better (have better pickup in the 0-100kmph) than petrol ones. AFAIK that's not true. Correct me if I am wrong.

BTW... NHC VTEC produces a max of ard 140NM of torque (in the same category as Fiesta, SX4 etc)
Old 19th April 2008, 13:22   #220
BANNED

I am not surprised. It quite a possibility with a driver who knows about to handle the Gxi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Also strange point to note is that the GXi takes 3.4s more than the Cedia for 0-100kmph. I wonder how it does a quarter mile in only 0.9s more
In the IPL cricket thread, it is 'Bangalore Royal Challegers' who are leading . Surely people here have the 'knack' of picking up the winners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
The poll result so far is a clear indication of how much T-BHP loves the Cedia. City VTEC = 40 votes, Cedia Select = 185 votes. Landslide victory for the Cedia
Old 20th April 2008, 03:48   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I am not surprised. It quite a possibility with a driver who knows about to handle the Gxi.
In the IPL cricket thread, it is 'Bangalore Royal Challegers' who are leading . Surely people here have the 'knack' of picking up the winners.
Ahem,Whats the point here buddy??
Old 20th April 2008, 07:24   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
By that logic diesel cars should perform better (have better pickup in the 0-100kmph) than petrol ones. AFAIK that's not true. Correct me if I am wrong.
It depends on what rpm the torque is produced at. That is why the specs give the torque at a particular rpm.
Old 20th April 2008, 09:27   #223
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. NHC and Vtec - the combo does not help at all. Doesnt matter whether you put a Vtec or a jet engine on a boat, it still remains a boat!!
Old 20th April 2008, 09:52   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Hmm.. NHC and Vtec - the combo does not help at all. Doesnt matter whether you put a Vtec or a jet engine on a boat, it still remains a boat!!
Bang on target!

I'd pick the cedia any day!
I can never forget the test drive me and a friend took of that lovely car!
Fantastic braking, even better handling and a refined engine with fantastic legroom and great looks! what more do you want???!
Old 20th April 2008, 22:02   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
In the IPL cricket thread, it is 'Bangalore Royal Challegers' who are leading. Surely people here have the 'knack' of picking up the winners.
Don't know how IPL decides which is the better car. Still if the opening match was any indication, we all know where BRC is headed. Royal Challenge is a nice whiskey though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks