Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you buy ?
NHC VTec 54 19.08%
Lancer Cedia Select 229 80.92%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 18:46   #226
BHPian

Cedia Rulz!

This is the nth time I wish to repeat - CEDIA RULZ!!

It is an all in one car.
TOTAL VFM.

And, I have 11 out of the TEN good points that I need in owning a great car.

Last edited by President : 21st April 2008 at 18:47.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:40   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Royal Challenge is a nice whiskey though.
OT: Have not had one for 7 years. Is it whisky (as defined) or molasses
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:26   #228
BHPian

My vote for the Cedia. Though I havent driven one yet, I drive a 2001 Lancer. Cedia, being the next gen Lancer in India (and possibly much better than the Lancer in most respects), I can vouch for the driver involvement of this car. It is a delight to be driving one. Handling is superb on all kinds of terrain. I have driven the NHC VTEC and its a smooth operator in the city. Albeit on the highway, I do not think it is a good handling car. Speeds in excess of 120 and you are already thinking, "Am I too fast"!!! I don't think that would happen with the Cedia until one hits the 140-150 kph mark.

Plus, the poll results are for all to see. The Cedia is marching ahead. 209 vs 43 for the NHC VTEC. T-BHP loves the Cedia
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:13   #229
VMG
BHPian

My vote for the Cedia. It is the great car in all respects.
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:21   #230
BHPian

OT: Okay i am trying to be diplomatic, biased, neutral or whatever; But given a option to choose from the OHC VTec and the Cedia. Definitely i will choose the OHC Vtec. Now do i have to say more when it comes to OHC Vtec!!?
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:33   #231
Senior - BHPian

What does the OHC VTec have over the Cedia? Higher PWTR thats all and nothing else.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:10   #232
BHPian

Cedia for me, the only fear for me is that cedia may get phased out next year or so, as it happened for me with my Baleno, otherwise cedia should be my next car.
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:49   #233
BHPian

Cedia all the way

I used to own a honda city earlier and now I own a cedia. In terms of everything except rear seat comfort its Cedia all the way.
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:41   #234
Senior - BHPian

Hmm... looks like cars which are a treat to drive (in India) like Palio, Cedia suffer from some really bad A.S.S. That is indeed sad for many customers (including me) who keep away from these cars.
Old 28th April 2008, 10:14   #235
BHPian

I own a Cedia from the last 8-10 months.
Drove a City (actually swapped cars with a friends for a drive.)
Cedia RULES!!!!

Actually I have heard from a couple of friends that the Civic is also lagging when it comes to the Cedia in terms of suspensions and pickup.

Honda i feel is selling on it's name. Maybe it was a good deal a few years ago when there were fewer choices. but certainly not anymore.

Regarding A.S.S. i have done 2 services and am having no issues with servicing.
1st was free and second cost me 1200.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:53   #236
BANNED

There much more, infact a lot more than just a name. How about pondering over why Mitsubishi (being a fellow Japanese) can't sell just on the name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithc View Post
Honda i feel is selling on it's name.
FYI, Civic was launched after Cedia. So any Civic buyer would have had the option to buy Cedia. So it isn't that world was different before Cedia launch.
Quote:
Actually I have heard from a couple of friends that the Civic is also lagging when it comes to the Cedia in terms of suspensions and pickup.

Maybe it was a good deal a few years ago when there were fewer choices. but certainly not anymore.
Old 28th April 2008, 15:00   #237
Senior - BHPian

Mods i guess its time to close the thread. First of all its quite an old thread. Most of the discussion has been done .
Old 28th April 2008, 15:23   #238
BHPian

diabloo
I dont agree with you on the point of how come mitsu is also japanese but not selling that much.
Reason is, you did not understand what i meant to say.
I am not saying that mitsu is better than honda in all aspects.

Just that Cedia is one product where mitsu is way ahead than honda (city and civic).

When i said honda is selling on it's name, i meant it HAD got an amazing car earlier.
But at this date, what does the city offer as a car that cedia does not (except mileage).
* Ride comfort i dont think so.
* Pickup i dont think so.
* average - honda wins here.
* stability on high speeds - cedia wins hands down.

Also, depends on which perspective you look from?
If you wanna look at numbers (sales etc) then city wins being the mass market car.
Cedia is more of a niche product.

What are we comparing here????
A mass manufactured common as hell commuting vehicle (City)
A niche product (cedia) that is made for extreme driving and THUS looks riskier to the COMMON man.

Comeon, it is not even apples to apples comparision
Old 28th April 2008, 15:38   #239
BANNED

If NHC had OHC, then Cedia had Lancer. Lancer created such goodwill among the people and Cedia failed to cash on that goodwill.
Goodwill might give the initial boost but what carries forward is the car itself. Being the leader for almost 5 years of existence, NHC just logged the highest sales in a month - and this after the news that New City (NC) is coming broke out .
Quote:
When i said honda is selling on it's name, i meant it HAD got an amazing car earlier.
Cedia is like an art movie which only its director (and few people) understand, while NHC is the commercial movie, which is liked by masses and makes money for the producer.
Quote:
A mass manufactured common as hell commuting vehicle (City)
A niche product (cedia) that is made for extreme driving and THUS looks riskier to the COMMON man.
Old 28th April 2008, 15:55   #240
Team-BHP Support

Mitsu had a good product in the Lancer but they killed it by prolonging it's life. They should have stopped the car when it was at it's peak. Also, the Cedia launched is a generation older.

The city is a car one would buy with their mind. They know it's a practical car which does everything right but nothing great. The Cedia is a car one would buy with their heart.

One of my boss has a Cedia and the other a NHC Vtec. Both of them are happy as the car they have satisfies their requirements. The cedia guy loves to drive and his car has done 17,000 kms in one year. The other commutes only in the city and he wants a no nonsense car which will take him from point A to B. He is least bothered about performance, handling and mileage. Infact he picked up the Vtec because he liked the black and silver interiors more than the GXi fake wood trim.

Now I can't understand why diabloo you have revived every thread today on cedia and Vtec just to show which car is better. When both cars cater to different personalities is it not possible for both cars to be good in their own rights?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks