Team-BHP - WagonR LXI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   WagonR LXI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2693-wagonr-lxi.html)

Hi guys!... like most of u here, i am a great lover of cars too....
Recently, my dad purchased a WagonR Lxi (May 2004)...
Looks wise, the car is great and a treat to watch. But i have a few questions in my mind which i want u experts to answer.
Without a/c, the pickup of the car is quite OK, it reaches around 20 in 1st gear and around 35 in 2nd gr.... but once i switch on the a/c, the performance seems to dip a lot...
When ac is switched on, starting from a signal is a big embarrasment.. even little mpfi 800's go past me... and i feel quite underpowered... on the other hand, i have seen santros(especially the older zipdrives) having excellent pickup and i fail to catch em even w/o a.c.
The other problem(or whatever) i see is that under the front seats, there is a kind of "dip".. ie passengers in rear seat with long legs will have some problem...what i mean to say that there is a hollow kind of area below the front seats. Now i dont know if it was in the older version of WagonR or not.
Also, the gearshift is not up to the mark, sometimes i get stuck up in 1st and Reverse gears....
Please help.

.... Hi,
.. I too have a WagonR Lxi.. since more than 3.5 years now...

I don't think there is any difference in new and old wagonRs... the only thing being the maruti website.. that now shows 64bhp.. at my time it was 62!!!

First the seats...
You are right the front seats are lower than the rear, the rear are about 3-5 inches higher. They are made on a higher floor altogether... I think its the same for the Santro... (I don't know y? though!!)

Rear legroom... true, not much... but the main cause for that is the too much flexibility of the front seats..... e.g. Santro's seats go just halfway as back as wagonRs. .. that said there's good front legroom!!

Now acceleration .....
When we first bought WagonR... I was a .. kind-of fresh driver. And I also felt that its slower than our 800DX (5 gear).... BUT I always knew the Autocar figure.... of 14.5secs .. 0-100km/h.... and just for comparison the same for HM Lancer.. is 13.xx.....

Since the last 2+ years I have been exclusively driving it.... ... and it is FAST.. and FAST like ANYTHING!!!

When you get used to the car.. then try this!!!
First gear .... .. .. push the accelerator hard (no need to floor it).... and you won't even know when the car reached 35+. (its so quick compared to a 3 cylinder car that.... first time u try in traffic.... the 800 standing by your side would be in your rear view mirror )
Second Gear....... It goes to 60.... as smooth as silk!!!
Fifth..... ... u do 110km/h..... as if you are just crawling..... but after 115... u start to feel the effort..... and.. it would take you to 140+... without any fuzz.... but with a lot of sound.

... Just try to take care of a few things.....
Try to use.. a higher Octane fuel...... Speed 93....or Xtra Premium.
Use at least "Castrol GTX Magnatec"..... .. don't use normal servo or anything that Maruti puts!!... u'll feel the difference...... (Magnatec is hardly 100 or 200 rupees costlier than the Normal).

.... One thing I have to agree..... I also love the look of this car/wagon.... not just because I own it.... but since the very first day I saw it!!

Thanx for replying, SLK.. one more question that i find hard to answer by many ppl is that what is the average lifespan (in Km) of an MPFI suzuki like WagonR or Zen....
Secondly, when i went to buy the car, Maruti guys told me to install ONLY a stereo from them(ie of brand Maruti).. if i installed stereo from anywhere else, they say that the warranty of some parts will be void because that will involve "cutting" of wires..
Is it true...?!...

Yes they always stress, to get the Stereo from a Maruti dealer. but unless they are giving it free... its a waste of money.
I think if you get one fixed from the market... u should stress that they use a maruti Standard cable-jack.... and then there is no wire cutting. and won't affect the warranty.

Life of a MPFI Maruti!!....
too many factors are involved in determining the live of a car....
e.g
1) Driver
2) Run-in
3) Maintenance
4) Oil used
5) Fuel quality
6) load on the engine

So u see it just can't be a figure ...
but to take a guess, I'll say my wagonR would do 2.5+ Lakhs. Currently its at 43K.... and engine behaves like new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (indianjassi @ Aug. 08 2004,10:33)]warranty of some parts will be void because that will involve "cutting" of wires.. *
Is it true...?!...

Yes..u will lose the Harness warranty if u do some electrical modification from outside. Wat u can do is buy a Stereo from outside and give it to them to fit it in your car. I suppose u shudnt loose the warranty then!!
Happy Driving!!
Ps: Wagon R is one of my favorite cars in the small car segment.. i simply love its looks!!!

Have moved this topic to the Indian Cars section.

R

lol.... and originally... it was moved from Indian cars to Reviews!!