Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2007, 11:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Points to ponder:
a. Sequential injection limits power lossdue to LPG to about 5-7% (so a lpg-cng fitter friend of mine back in ahmedabad used to claim)
b. With the Cedia engine, that still translates into a hugely driveable and fun yet cheap to run car!!
c. Safety issues are a thing of the past with company fitted kits. The older era of fly by night/shady shops doing installation business will soon be over.
Old 19th August 2007, 12:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb1 View Post
Cedia was always a performance car I thought.... Why would you want LPG :S
Performance car with the least power in its segment.... The car is sluggish when compared to Corolla or Civic, which is probably what its pitted against. Its about HM give us some newer models and just dont throw any outdated crap at us thinking we will fall head over heels for it.
Old 19th August 2007, 13:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

^^At the price its currently selling its more of a competitor to the City VTEC than the Civic. In the base select trim, its a good 4 lacs cheaper than the Civic. So according to you Corolla is not outdated? Its a 5 year old car whereas the Cedia is just 3 years old in the international market.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 19th August 2007 at 13:43.
Old 19th August 2007, 14:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
The car is sluggish when compared to Corolla or Civic, which is probably what its pitted against.
A 2L engine will anyday give more torque than a 1.8 with variable valve tech.
I wouldn't go by just the BHP figures of a car. VTEC gives U lot of bhp at the higher end of the revvband .So, compared to this the 2.0L cedia will anyday be good at driveability.
C'mon, after all its a mitsubishi 2000cc engine...how wrong can it go?
Old 19th August 2007, 14:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Like I said its a good car this. All those commenting against it, please do take a test drive before passing off statements.

Drifter
Old 19th August 2007, 17:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^At the price its currently selling its more of a competitor to the City VTEC than the Civic. In the base select trim, its a good 4 lacs cheaper than the Civic. So according to you Corolla is not outdated? Its a 5 year old car whereas the Cedia is just 3 years old in the international market.
"So according to you Corolla is not outdated?" And where did I say that???

Please dont feel bad, I didnt want you to take this personally. But frankly I dont own the car, nor do I solicit Cedia on every thread thats ever created. However having test driven it, I did find it slower than Corolla. I am talking just about drive ability, no bhp, no 2000 cc, no old, no new... just what I felt.
If any non biased person drives both cars back to back, they can tell the difference without a doubt. No doubt Corolla is old, thats probably what made me hold my decision to buy the car. However its the same model sold in US, and we are in for an upgrade next year. With HM they launched the product when it already was in its dying years. Thats what I am pissed off about.
Again no punn intended, I am sure you love your car.

Last edited by aseem : 19th August 2007 at 17:33.
Old 19th August 2007, 21:21   #37
BHPian

Coming back to this Thread.

I feel its a bold move to have LPG fitting for car in this segment car.

This will be very good option for those rental cars / Hotel Taxis (thats what I heard from dealer)

LPG fitting in boot is nicely done with space still for small luggage.

I am personally not gr8 fan of LPG/CNG and hence going with Cedia Sports.

But overall this one of the most under-rated car in Indian market (even though its dated internationally) in addition to Petra and Baleno.

Also its most VFM in the segment (offcourse it matters if budget is constraint) or else Corolla / Civic / Skoda are always available.

Also heard,
HM's contract with Mitsubishi is getting over soon and Mitsubishi is not planning to renew.
At the sametime Mitsubishi is planning to be aggressive in India and rollout fresh cars. All this will just help (so called) resale factor going forward.

So Thumps-up for Cedia and Mitsubishi !!

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 19th August 2007 at 21:23.
Old 19th August 2007, 21:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Anybody seen this car. Is the filler located in the trunk or has the body been drilled to put in next to the gas cap.
Old 19th August 2007, 22:43   #39
BHPian

Cedia LPG

Well Body is drilled and the filling cap is just next to petrol lid.
The car is great and i feel that LPG is a nice option,although i don't prefer LPG car but the fact is mitsubishi has tied up with BRC (Italy manufacturer) for the LPG Kit and this is with latest technology as they don't want to compromise on Power....not even 5 %.
Secondly,Mitsubhishi is planning to invest in india..even their MD's visit is due.
Old 19th August 2007, 23:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Guys saw this programme on TV about Cedia LPG. Claims 2Rs/Km on LPG. Price 8.5 Lac Ex Showroom. Also saw another news claiming the Cedia is doing well on Rally circuit. Just set me thinking. Is it a good alternative to NHC, SX4, Optra, Fiesta Verna etc??

Your comments please!!

actually autocar quoted Rs3 per km i think...

anyway its a good option but not sure who would go for that....?

the only ppl buying the CEDIA ( or rather largely ) are ethusiasts .. not seen many on road anyways...

i guess, in this segment - it could be a good alternative to the optra magnum -

but then the OPTRA also came out with such an option and i dont think it did well...
Old 19th August 2007, 23:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody seen this car. Is the filler located in the trunk or has the body been drilled to put in next to the gas cap
The filler is located on the body of the car and not in the boot.

Drifter
Old 20th August 2007, 00:47   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

HM-Mitsu breakup now official!

Guys, I have posted this news on the Mitsu Evo petition too but am adding it here for convenience.

Check out this link to The Hindu:

The Hindu Business Line : Mitsubishi Motors, HM ties to undergo significant change

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff]Mitsubishi Motors, HM ties to undergo significant change [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Coming back to this Thread.

I feel its a bold move to have LPG fitting for car in this segment car.

This will be very good option for those rental cars / Hotel Taxis (thats what I heard from dealer)

LPG fitting in boot is nicely done with space still for small luggage.

I am personally not gr8 fan of LPG/CNG and hence going with Cedia Sports.

But overall this one of the most under-rated car in Indian market (even though its dated internationally) in addition to Petra and Baleno.

Also its most VFM in the segment (offcourse it matters if budget is constraint) or else Corolla / Civic / Skoda are always available.

Also heard,
HM's contract with Mitsubishi is getting over soon and Mitsubishi is not planning to renew.
At the sametime Mitsubishi is planning to be aggressive in India and rollout fresh cars. All this will just help (so called) resale factor going forward.

So Thumps-up for Cedia and Mitsubishi !!
Old 20th August 2007, 05:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

What makes you think its a break-up?

It looks to me that Mitsu is participating more keenly in the Indian ops rather than just a tech provider.
Old 20th August 2007, 08:08   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Marketing function to be handled by Mitsu

Mpower,

You are right. 'Break-up' is probably too strong a phrase to use. After all, Mitsu will always need to use HM's manufacturing facilities in India unless they plan to invest a huge sum to build a greenfield factory, or find someone else to partner with. Both looks unlikely given that globally they are still consolidating their gains after a dreadful few years. Mitsu has no choice but to stick to HM in India.

Further, I think that whatever is HM's image, they haven't lacked in the quality side of Cedia/Lancer manufacture. Thus Mitsu will probably renew the manufacturing contract but take over the marketing and new car introduction timelines/research etc from them.

IMHO, the Japanese are the masters of tact and while an American partner would have taken stock and simply cancelled the contract over a casual lunch, the Japs will word everything very tactfully but firmly.

This announcement etc is probably the tip of the iceberg!

Anyway, whatever happens I feel it's great for Cedia owners and potential owners. With the increasing number of Cedias being sold (ROC, Maibaa, Vishaltanksale) etc in the last 2/3 months, this news is the best for everyone!

ItWasntMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What makes you think its a break-up?

It looks to me that Mitsu is participating more keenly in the Indian ops rather than just a tech provider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks