Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:25   #226

Re: 15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)

Dear All,
Our 2006 DL03 registration Innova is showing as 'deregistered' on the vahan.nic.in site though RC is valid till Apr 2021. The car is in superb condition, done only a lakh Kms.

What are my options? I am contemplating among the following:
1. FC extension at Delhi (have been reading that RTO wont do so due to NGT advisory) and continue driving

2. Re-registering in another state, such as RJ (will I be able to generate a NOC at DL03 RTO to get the re-registration at RJ?) and drive it back to DL for regular use

3. Transfer to my in-laws in Jaipur (subject to NOC from DL03 RTO and RJ state rules for 15+yrs diesel pvt car) and retain with my in-laws (at least wont feel bad selling it off completely)

Looking forward to your advice!

Thanks in advance
Abhi
Old 2nd October 2020, 11:47   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhical_007 View Post
Dear All,
Our 2006 DL03 registration Innova is showing as '!

Thanks in advance
Abhi
Not much you can do. First thing, go to the rto, to the NIC desk there. Ask them to see the deregistered status, and have them remove it. I'm not sure that's possible, but you ought to ask. I was told the same, but when I got some back-end checks done, I was told via a known connect, not an agent, that it won't be possible. 99% probability that your car will have to be scrapped. But do give it a shot.
Next, you can get in touch with cero, who will give you per kg rates only. Or, you can try a guy on Cartiff.com. he will give you better rate since he'll sell it for parts. He's also proper and documented. You could also try cars24, though my experience with them in just selling a car was not that good. Best money would be from mayapuri, but you'll never know if your car was sold as it is.
All the best, and just in case, sorry about the loss.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 13:34   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhical_007 View Post
Dear All,
Our 2006 DL03 registration Innova is showing as 'deregistered' on the vahan.nic.in site though RC is valid till Apr 2021.
10 year old diesel cars are de-registered and can only be scrapped for parts. The NOC to transfer the vehicle to another state is granted only if its below 10 years old.

What were doing all this long ? Its been a good few years since the rule came in .
Ragavsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:49   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
10 year old diesel cars are de-registered and can only be scrapped for parts. The NOC to transfer the vehicle to another state is granted only if its below 10 years old.

What were doing all this long ? Its been a good few years since the rule came in .
Ngt directed the rtos to deregister in 2016 only, though the ruling came in 2015. Nobody expected this level of business mindedness from the government to not oppose it. His car was already 10 years when it was deregistered, else it wouldn't have been.
You may want to check up how many cars were deregistered after that first wave. Only those that were 10 years or over in 2016 were derigstered. They've not done that for anyone after that. Only when they go over 15 years, when the RC expires.
Also, you're misinformed. If your car turned 10 after 2016, rc will still be active In Delhi. You can get an noc for specific districts in some states. List is in the thread.
Old 20th October 2020, 19:32   #230
BHPian

Hey guys, I know a 2005 Hyundai Santro Petrol. The car has clocked 119k kms. It's approaching it's 15th year this December. I wanted to know if it's worth getting it's Fitness done or should I sell it and buy a new car. We're open to both options, wanted some advice before deciding.

PS: The car is mechanically sound and has very minute issues. It is primarily used by my mom.

Thank you (in advance).
Old 20th October 2020, 21:10   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey guys, I know a 2005 Hyundai Santro Petrol. The car has clocked 119k kms. It's approaching it's 15th year this December. I wanted to know if it's worth getting it's Fitness done or should I sell it and buy a new car. We're open to both options, wanted some advice before deciding.

PS: The car is mechanically sound and has very minute issues. It is primarily used by my mom.

Thank you (in advance).
If the car is mechanically sound, why sell it? Anyway Bangalore doesn't have any scrap policy based on number of years. The only part is spending time and energy on renewing the FC which if you want to get it done the easy way, go through an agent.

You can always sell it after the FC is done too. It's not that expensive as of now for renewal either.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 19:01   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post

Thank you (in advance).
Don't sell it off, you will definitely regret the decision. Santro is a nice car to keep, we have Santro Xing XG 2005 Aug model. We got the FC renewed last month and it is ready to run another 5years without any issues. The tax/RC renewal will cost less than 15k, even if you go through an agent. If you are doing it yourself, most of the preliminary steps can be done online and you have to present your cart at RTO later.
Old 25th October 2020, 21:28   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
The tax/RC renewal will cost less than 15k, even if you go through an agent.
Is that so high? I did it for 5K last year through an agent? Is it after the recent rule change that the FC renewal charges have been increased several folds?
Old 28th October 2020, 12:31   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Is that so high? I did it for 5K last year through an agent? Is it after the recent rule change that the FC renewal charges have been increased several folds?
I transferred the registration from KA to KL and I had to get a new registration as well.

I heard from another friend that tax for five years for his Octavia was Rs 8500 and he paid total of Rs11000 to an agent for FC renewal and tax at Changanassery.

Anyhow, I am 100% sure, it will cost more than 10k for both FC and 5years tax. Post-corona, everything has changed, I guess!
Old 28th October 2020, 12:49   #235
BHPian

I paid some 2300 for renewing the FC for my Octavia, in May. Please check the process I followed, few pages back.
Old 28th October 2020, 19:53   #236
BHPian

Our 2005 Hyundai Getz registration has expired in August 2020. Agents are asking for around INR 7500 for renewal. I am planning to do this myself. Car is MH12- Pune RTO.

If anyone from Pune has gone through the process, please share it. I don't see any option online (checked parivahan website) for doing this. There is a option only for fitness renewal of Transport vehicles.
Old 29th October 2020, 00:06   #237
BHPian

I took my 20 year old qualis for a water wash, alignment and balancing today to MRF Tyredrome today and was shocked when a staff member pulled up my vehicle fitness certificate or lack of using some app based on my vehicle number. He read out my name and told me FC expired on 15th June. Some free app that police use it seems. Terrible identity protection in India.
Old 30th October 2020, 17:15   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I took my 20 year old qualis for a water wash, alignment and balancing today to MRF Tyredrome today and was shocked when a staff member pulled up my vehicle fitness certificate or lack of using some app based on my vehicle number. He read out my name and told me FC expired on 15th June. Some free app that police use it seems. Terrible identity protection in India.
It is a Govt of India service for everyone. Gives basic details about the vehicle. Is being used extensively these days. You can try the same here:
https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/face...chstatus.xhtml

I dont think its a privacy issue. Basically lets cops find basic details. The only information disclosed about the owner is the name. Other than that, RC, Insurance and pollution details. Infact some cops even accept this in case you dont have the papers in hand.

Edit: It seems there has been a change recently. I checked just now and only a few alphabets of the owners name are being shown. It used to be the complete name till about a week ago.

Last edited by guptavis : 30th October 2020 at 17:38. Reason: EDIT
Old 24th November 2020, 19:32   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
I paid some 2300 for renewing the FC for my Octavia, in May. Please check the process I followed, few pages back.
How much was the tax amount? And for how many years?

It is Rs 8600 for 5 years in Kerala. Please let me know, I have a Maruti 800 for FC and tax, at Jayanagar to be done by Jan 2021.
Old 24th November 2020, 19:40   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
How much was the tax amount? And for how many years?

It is Rs 8600 for 5 years in Kerala. Please let me know, I have a Maruti 800 for FC and tax, at Jayanagar to be done by Jan 2021.
Actually there is no tax amount because we all paid LTT. Still they charge some this and that charges. My details are in post 190 of this thread.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks