Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 16:04   #31
BHPian

Hello everyone, how long does this fitness certificate remain valid? Is this annual affair or more than that?
Old 25th January 2010, 21:04   #32
BHPian

Moving my unanswered queries from an earlier thread to here :

We are looking at buying a SX4 at this point. I have decided to trade in my old M800 to the dealer for the exchange bonus.

I have 2-3 queries :

1. What is the cost for re-registration, since the car is nearing the 15 year mark, the dealer said that I will have to pay road tax again (the RC says 1 time road tax paid).

People who have done this can tell me how much road tax would a 1995 Maruti 800 have ?

2. What is the cost of registration transfer from one owner to another ?

Also , he says that he will transfer the car only after 1 month to his name or the buyer and not before that. He would give me a delivery receipt, is this normal procedure ?
Old 26th January 2010, 11:41   #33
BHPian

After 15 yrs the fitness certificate is issued for a period of 5 years.
Old 7th February 2010, 20:07   #34
BHPian

How much time does it take to get a car transfer done in Delhi, with and without agent ? Anyone having experience in the same, please reply, sort of in a fix here

It may be that while the car transfers, its FC becomes invalid
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:38   #35
BHPian

hi f1 head. i have the same problem. i have an 88 model car which i want to keep. the after the 15 year thing expired the fc was never renewed. i bought it in that state. so the fitness test is over due by 7 years. i guess in your case there is not much of a problem since this is the year fitness is expiring.

it takes few hours with all the standing in line and waiting for the inspector to arrive. then he examines your car which if it is flawless he'll renew your fc. this is without the agent.with agent it is more costly. and if your car isnt ship shape. then you might have to bribe the inspector as well. but if you do it yourself it should cost less than rs1000+lots of headache and waiting in long lines

question:: guys i want to know how much penalty will i have to pay for the 7 years that my fc has been over due. any clues??

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 2nd April 2010 at 18:42.
Old 11th December 2010, 13:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: 15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)

Im trying to get the FC for the old esteem. Car just crossed 15 years.
I approached an agent he is asking for Rs 2,400 to get this done.
Just wondering if the price quoted by him is OK or can I get this done by myself at the RTO?
Old 14th December 2010, 19:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

The Agent told me the following documents are need for the FC.

1) OLD RC
2) Insurance papers
3) Emission test

I will need to take the car to the RTO. After the Inspection it will take 10-15 days to get the FC.

It will helpful if someone could let know if this can be managed without the agent?
Old 20th December 2010, 12:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The Agent told me the following documents are need for the FC.

1) OLD RC
2) Insurance papers
3) Emission test

I will need to take the car to the RTO. After the Inspection it will take 10-15 days to get the FC.

It will helpful if someone could let know if this can be managed without the agent?
This was very easy in delhi, took around half an hour and an honest RTO officer. Ensure that all your lights etc. are working and PUC is there and no visible smoke is being thrown out.
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1head View Post
This was very easy in delhi, took around half an hour and an honest RTO officer. Ensure that all your lights etc. are working and PUC is there and no visible smoke is being thrown out.
Thanks for the reply F1head, How much was the charge for this ?
Old 30th December 2010, 20:16   #40
BHPian

My Esteem is gonna reach 15 years very soon. But it needs restoration works on it. So penalty is expected by the time the car is ready for inspection. Car has insurance till April '11. And Road Tax paid for life. Will get smoke test & decide over employing a broker "after" the restoration works are done.

I've checked out Transport...Citizen_Charter_Page for TN registered car formalities. This is what they say:

Description of Service
Renewal of registeration

Eligibility of applicant: Completion of 15 years from the date of original registration of Non-Transport vehicles owner
Forms prescribed: Form - 25
Documents to be enclosed:
1.Registration Certificate
2.Insurance Certificate
3.Emission Certificate(the registration can be renewed within 60 days before the expiry of the registration.)
4.Valid Tax
Fees to be paid:
1.M/cy Rs.60
2.LMV Rs.200
3.Imported vehicle Rs.800
4.Compoun- ding fee for belated renewal
(a) upto 30 days Rs40
(b) upto 60 days Rs75
(c) Above 60 days Rs150. *
Whom to apply: Registering Authority or Assistant Registering Authority
Competent (Sanction/ Grant) Authority: Registering Authority
Duration of Disposal: Same Day
Appellate Authority : Joint Transport Commissioner Chennai City for Chennai zone & Deputy Transport Commissioner for other zones with fees Rs.55

* Applicable Service Charges Extra
comet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2011, 23:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

I know this isn't the right way of doing things but I had no other choice. I tried going there during the end of last year and it was utter chaos! No one was willing to help. I didn't know where the forms where or what all to do. The people there only interested in fleecing me. Those lazy people sitting there were good for nothing! Pretending to be very busy and couldn't even answer a simple question.

I gave up and next day went to the agent.

Signed the renewal/fitness form and the agent took the engraving of the cars VIN on the form (used a pencil). Also gave him the documents mentioned in my earlier post and that was it.
Car or myself never went to the RTO, I didn't have to run around or do anything. 6 days later I had the RC renewed for another 5 years.
The actual charge mentioned in the RC was some 800+120+ something.
Old 8th January 2011, 00:34   #42
BHPian

Being an Indian has made me Cynical? Why?

And that is how it works here! It gets simple when you know how much you would loose for every hour talking to those chaps. I have accepted the fact that things will never change, my parents taught me all the wrong things, don't lie, stand in a Que, do not cheat etc etc.

That's not how it works. I get all my RTO stuff through a broker. ( Guys attached to South/ thiruvanmiyur RTO Buzz me for any RTO stuff here ) And in my case everything is legal nothing underhand, but it is easier to get stuff done through him. ( I can make more money, keep my cool, play with my pets. sleep, etc etc. for the time I spend lookin at those beauties at the counters. bout 80% goes to those clowns in the office.) It has taken a very long time for me to come to terms with reality. I do understand now, this is how it works, I love my country but I cant change anything with the bribe for doing their work..

All this just makes someone numb! but well, we all have to take care of the loved ones, see to it they get well, see through their education, Schools and colleges, an marriage and lives.

One life, every minute counts for me. I can make more than I can pay for all this, I don't care anymore. I know I can't change the country. I know I can't do anything illegal, But bribe yes whatever ( it is illegal they say ). I am far from caring about all this!

Plastic bags, messing with the environment and wildlife is completely a different scenario! And for that I might never change or show mercy!
YaeJay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 14:49   #43
BHPian

Help Needed.

Hi Guys

I am trying to figure out Car Registration Laws in India. Suppose I live in Chandigarh, then can I buy a car from Kolkata for any reason say cost, availability etc. If yes then what formalities would be needed to drive in Chandigarh legally and can I drive it here on Kolkata registration number?

I am trying to figure this out and can't find the laid down rules for this.

Thanks.

MODS : please move to appropriate thread thanks.
Old 1st May 2011, 17:55   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I know this isn't the right way of doing things but I had no other choice. I tried going there during the end of last year and it was utter chaos! No one was willing to help. I didn't know where the forms where or what all to do. The people there only interested in fleecing me. Those lazy people sitting there were good for nothing! Pretending to be very busy and couldn't even answer a simple question.

I gave up and next day went to the agent.

Signed the renewal/fitness form and the agent took the engraving of the cars VIN on the form (used a pencil). Also gave him the documents mentioned in my earlier post and that was it.
Car or myself never went to the RTO, I didn't have to run around or do anything. 6 days later I had the RC renewed for another 5 years.
The actual charge mentioned in the RC was some 800+120+ something.
I own a jeep and its renewal comes up in June 2011 (its a 96 model). It does not look old and haggard but does had tiny rust sports on the runner board and below the doors. The emission tests are done regularly. What are my chances of getting a clean FC ? Should i approach an agent ? It is a Hassan registered vehicle but driven in Bangalore.

Kindly suggest.
Old 10th July 2011, 00:05   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Guys can no one throw light on this issue of certifiying out of state cars for fitness. How does one get a FC for cars registered in another state?

Do you take the car physically back to the place of registry?
or
You take it to local RTO who do out of state?
or
You can get it down at place of registry without car being there physically?
I have the same query. My RX-100 was registered in 1995; and I need to take the fitness certificate.

The bike was bought and registered in Bangalore (paying lifetime road-tax, etc); then taken to Chennai where it was registered there (after taking NOC from Bangalore, etc). Now I am back in Bangalore. Can I get the fitness certificate for the TN registered bike in Bangalore?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks