Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 14:40   #46
BHPian

Re: 15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvikz View Post
I own a jeep and its renewal comes up in June 2011 (its a 96 model). It does not look old and haggard but does had tiny rust sports on the runner board and below the doors. The emission tests are done regularly. What are my chances of getting a clean FC ? Should i approach an agent ? It is a Hassan registered vehicle but driven in Bangalore.

Kindly suggest.
Hi Kingvikz, did you get your Fc and registration renewed? Was it easy or tough? My jeep registration expired in oct 2010 and the jeep has been just lying. Planning to get the registration and FC done at the Madikeri RTO where it is registered.
Old 1st October 2011, 17:19   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Hi Kingvikz, did you get your Fc and registration renewed? Was it easy or tough? My jeep registration expired in oct 2010 and the jeep has been just lying. Planning to get the registration and FC done at the Madikeri RTO where it is registered.
Hi Prince,

I even got my jeep painted and tinkered. However family commitments have pushed my plans for a Fitness certificate. From June to Oct I have only been postponing my visit to RTO. Let me know if you get it done for your jeep. I know it takes about 2,000 bucks for an effortless F.C.
Old 1st October 2011, 17:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvikz View Post
Hi Prince,

I even got my jeep painted and tinkered. However family commitments have pushed my plans for a Fitness certificate. From June to Oct I have only been postponing my visit to RTO. Let me know if you get it done for your jeep. I know it takes about 2,000 bucks for an effortless F.C.
I dont mind spending 2000 for an effortless FC considering that I stay in Bangalore, but the jeep is in madikeri. will see if any agent will get it done for me. Where did you get the tinkering and painting done? My jeep needs some work as well.
Old 1st October 2011, 19:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
I dont mind spending 2000 for an effortless FC considering that I stay in Bangalore, but the jeep is in madikeri. will see if any agent will get it done for me. Where did you get the tinkering and painting done? My jeep needs some work as well.
My mechanic was Raju. He stays in Ram-Murthy Nagar. (Off Ring Road). Expensive but efficient. I have heard of another mechanic, Gopal. He stays in J.P.Nagar. Yet to check him out.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:37   #50

Sorry to post this message but I'm a little desparate...

@kingvikz : Hi, I am new here and just waiting to finalise a deal for MM 550 XD. I have seen the vehicle and it looks good from outside. I am just waiting for a mechanic to check under the hoods and certify my buy.

Is it possible for you to share contact details / address of Raju (Ramamurthy nagar) or Gopal (JP Nagar) .

I can be reached on +91 98457 07043 / svathsa@yahoo.com

Many Thanks!
Sri
Old 17th October 2011, 21:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svathsa View Post
Sorry to post this message but I'm a little desparate...

@kingvikz : Hi, I am new here and just waiting to finalise a deal for MM 550 XD. I have seen the vehicle and it looks good from outside. I am just waiting for a mechanic to check under the hoods and certify my buy.

Is it possible for you to share contact details / address of Raju (Ramamurthy nagar) or Gopal (JP Nagar) .

I can be reached on +91 98457 07043 / svathsa@yahoo.com

Many Thanks!
Sri
I have sent you an sms. Raju may not know me by name. He usually remembers me by Jeep or face. So try explaining to him that im the guy from R.T.Nagar, and I drive a MM540. I visited him 15 days ago for an oil change too. If you can ask and get luckier, any senior jeeper who goes to Raju can also help...
Old 7th January 2012, 20:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

My 97 oldie 800 will turn 15 this year.I wanted to know how long i can delay the FC as due to some financial constraints i may not be able to get the FC done by May.Also i have to spend on getting new wiper motor which is not working and which is why i want to delay the FC but don't know how long ?

There must be some time period withing which i can get the FC isin't there ?

thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 21:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My 97 oldie 800 will turn 15 this year.I wanted to know how long i can delay the FC as due to some financial constraints i may not be able to get the FC done by May.Also i have to spend on getting new wiper motor which is not working and which is why i want to delay the FC but don't know how long ?

There must be some time period withing which i can get the FC isin't there ?

thanks

Believe me, you do not want to post pone this one. Try to arrange the finances, get the car ready and get it done.
Old 7th January 2012, 22:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Believe me, you do not want to post pone this one. Try to arrange the finances, get the car ready and get it done.
Can you please elaborate a little.I am not trying to postpone it like something for a duration of year or something but by a few months.
Old 9th January 2012, 23:06   #55
BHPian

well here in delhi i got my 1988 maruti 800 re registered after the fitness test 8 years after the fitness expired. this was a year ago. they charged me a penalty of 400 bucks. so even an 8 year delay wasnt that big a deal. although from what i hear, in maharashtra they impose much heavier penalties.
mycarhasablower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 04:28   #56
Senior - BHPian

In Maharashtra, you need to pay Green Tax = 3000rs for a 4 wheeler.
It might cost around 5-6K in total if done through a agent.

My Padmini will be due in May 2012 since she will cross the 20 year mark.

Last edited by silverado : 10th January 2012 at 04:30.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 09:03   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,
I will be going to get the registration renewed for my 15 year old m800 in May or so.Now my wipers are not working else the car is in sound condition.Can my FC be refused if the RTO finds the wipers non functional. The wiper arm mount has actually rusted and collapsed.

thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 17:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi all,
I will be going to get the registration renewed for my 15 year old m800 in May or so.Now my wipers are not working else the car is in sound condition.Can my FC be refused if the RTO finds the wipers non functional. The wiper arm mount has actually rusted and collapsed.

thanks
So how much does it cost (fitness certificate) I too have 1997 sep mint conditioned 800 actg ? Mumbai RTO Bombay Central
Old 4th April 2012, 17:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
So how much does it cost (fitness certificate) I too have 1997 sep mint conditioned 800 actg ? Mumbai RTO Bombay Central
Well i will be getting the wipers fixed this month and 'attempt' to get the registration renewed next month.Think the registration will cost around 5-6k. If it goes higher than expected i may opt to sell off the car.
Old 5th April 2012, 00:50   #60
BHPian

Thanks please keep me updated as I too may decide to sell if cost more than 5k as daily running is 4 kms only .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed