Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2017, 20:55   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)

I too faced problems while opening the files/ images. I am reposting in the same sequence and hence please give your feedback.

Hike RTO fees 29122016 Notification.pdf

15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)-fb-post-yamaha-fitness-abnormal-fee.jpg

15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)-new-rates-applicable-wef29122016.jpg

15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)-morth-rti-22ndamndmt-reply.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 23:04   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

My Palio 1.6 GTX turned 15 on 2nd Feb. In order to avoid fines and to ensure my car remains road legal I had it submitted for re-registration on 20th Jan.

Remember, teh insurance is also NOT valid in case the car's registration has expired.

The RTO person also confirmed that charges had recently gone up to Rs 500/month for each month that vehicle's registration was not (re)done. I am currently waiting for the new registration certificate which is expected in about 30-45 days. The receipt serves as a temporary "certificate" just in case the cops ever ask for the RC.

I think we vehicle owners must ensure they remain road legal in every way. For those who tend to cock a snook at rules and delay re-registration, well, the fines are pretty high and it's no point grumbling afterwards.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 11:07   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I too faced problems while opening the files/ images. I am reposting in the same sequence and hence please give your feedback.
Thanks Anjan, so as per the attachment and amendment in it the penalty is calculated after 29th Dec 2016. This is a good news!!
MaverickRD350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 11:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

I think I am lucky to have renewed my WagonR's FC within a week of it completing 15 years. At that time (August 2016), the fees were not so high (Rs 500 green tax and Rs 600 approx for a new RC card). But since I had to get an NOC from Vizag/AP to Hyd/Telangana, the overall cost came to around 2000, excluding the travel cost.

Details are in my LTO thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...her-5-a-9.html
Old 21st February 2017, 21:17   #95
BHPian

Hi, I own an old Honda City 2003 registered in Delhi. As we know the NGT has banned cars over 15 years and cannot be reregistered or get a fitness certificate to run further. I wanted to know whether the same ban is also implemented in Noida, UP. I am thinking about transferring the registration to UP. Is it possible to get this done? Kindly let me know! Thank you.
Old 21st February 2017, 23:12   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Hi, I own an old Honda City 2003 registered in Delhi. As we know the NGT has banned cars over 15 years and cannot be reregistered or get a fitness certificate to run further. I wanted to know whether the same ban is also implemented in Noida, UP. I am thinking about transferring the registration to UP. Is it possible to get this done? Kindly let me know! Thank you.
The ban by the NGT is applicable to the entire NCR. Please check up if the earlier registration is from an area that falls in the NCR. Your present location is not important, whereas the car's registration in a NCR, RTO office is. If the car is registered in the NCR then its registration may have been cancelled.

In such cases, the RTO where it has been registered has no power to issue a NOC for transferring the car registration elsewhere. The court order is quite specific about stoppage of issue of NOC for all such motor vehicles.

Please however enquire from the RTO office where the car is registered to get more details.
Old 22nd February 2017, 07:41   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
old Honda City 2003 registered in Delhi
Quote:
If the car is registered in the NCR then its registration may have been cancelled.
Since it is 2003 registered vehicle, current / initial registration should expire by 2018 only. In this case even if it is registered in NCR region, getting NOC before the RC expires is possible is my understanding.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:11   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Since it is 2003 registered vehicle, current / initial registration should expire by 2018 only. In this case even if it is registered in NCR region, getting NOC before the RC expires is possible is my understanding.
Yes if 2003 ( the 15 yr period lapses in 2018) , must get NOC immediately and move out its registration.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 01:05   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Yes if 2003 ( the 15 yr period lapses in 2018) , must get NOC immediately and move out its registration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I still have till March next year before the registration expires. What I wanted to know was whether the NOIDA RTO issues fitness certificates to cars older than 15 years or are they also implementing the ban?
Old 23rd February 2017, 23:47   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I still have till March next year before the registration expires. What I wanted to know was whether the NOIDA RTO issues fitness certificates to cars older than 15 years or are they also implementing the ban?
Please check out for the exact position with the local RTA office. The position as regards petrol cars is not clear. You have asked about NOIDA RTO's stance on the issue of fitness certificates. NOIDA is in the NCR I believe. Please check up as your car's registration actually matters. If its registered in Delhi or any place in the NCR and you are stationed somewhere else, it is the place of registration that matters (the present place of the car's registration) and not your address.

From what could be gathered, the NGT has banned all diesel cars and the Central government has moved the Supreme Court about a month back against the NGT orders. And no interim stay has come from the Supreme Court. So diesels 15 years or older are targeted.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/jSm...el-vehicl.html
Old 24th February 2017, 05:57   #101
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Question is, Is the RTO really qualified and honest about issuing an FC for an old car?
I am have doubts about their competence itself. Can they really tell the difference between an old 'banger' and a lovingly maintained classic? Or are their eyes completely clouded by the rupee signs they see through their selectively opaque retinas?
Can they really tell the difference between my lovely clean Gypsy and some old vehicle and more Importantly, will they be fair in their evaluation without money changing hands?
15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487895877.236081.jpg
15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487896041.215132.jpg
Old 24th February 2017, 19:06   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Question is, Is the RTO really qualified and honest about issuing an FC for an old car?
You knew the answer Sirji, why post the question here?

What does the rule say regarding 'Fitness'?

Vehicle should be road worthy
Term 'road worthy' is taken for a toss here. Anything that could be driven and capable of being stopped on road is said to be road worthy (as per RTO) There are cases where the inspector don't mind to check if the headlamps really work.

Should meet the emission norms
You know, my Yamaha RX pollutes less than a brand new 100cc 4 stroke bike. I say this having a valid pollution check certificate, but I'm not sure how far the instrument is right or calibrated or even if it really works

I'm covering only these two. There are few other checkpoints as well, but neither every inspector is knowledgeable nor they put effort to check each and every point. All they need is a so called proper documents and a physical vehicle to issue FC.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 23:37   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had also written under the RTI Act 2005, to the Public Information Officer, Transport Commissioner Maharashtra's Office, Mumbai, about the recent hikes in the RTO charges wef 29/12/2016. This was as per the 22nd amendment to the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 for all motor vehicle related work. The questions and the replies are posted herewith.

Their answer to the last query is evasive and they have relied on the MORTH gazette notification dtd 29/12/2016 that has been enclosed and sent to me. However the Union Ministry of Transport, New Delhi, clarification of 03/02/2017 (already posted by me) clearly states that the charges are to be levied from prospective effect.

The Transport Commissioner, Maharashtra's reply:

15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)-transport-commissioner-mumbai.jpg
Old 28th March 2017, 16:09   #104
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a 16 year old bike that is due for re-registration at Bangalore only. Can I sell this bike without going for re-registration and let the buyer directly register to his name (after taking FC)? Is this possible ? Or Is it mandatory re-register prior to sell ? Please advise.

Last edited by Ajay_J : 28th March 2017 at 16:11. Reason: re-phrased
Old 30th March 2017, 14:15   #105
BHPian

Selling a motorbike with expired registration

I have an old Yamaha YBX registered in the year 2000 which is lying unused. I guess registration has expired now and I didn't bother to renew the insurance either. Since its lying unused, it will require servicing.

Any suggestions on whether
1. This should be re-registered, insured, serviced and sold. In that case kindly suggest the approximate cost of getting this done vis a vis the possible selling price to make this a worthwhile exercise
or
2. Don't bother wasting more money on this. Just scrap it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks