Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 20:28   #166

Re: 15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Sharing my experience of renewing FC for 2005 Zen at KA-03 RTO. Also, you can use it as a to-do guide for KA-03, specifically and RTO in general.
Well written 'guide'. Thanks a lot

How much did it cost you total?
Was your car beyond the 15 year period, or within?

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2019 at 21:28. Reason: Spacing, Quote trimmed. Please DO NOT quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Old 19th December 2019, 21:14   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinquecento500 View Post
How much did it cost you total?
My car FC expires in Jan 2020. I paid Rs. 2611 total.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2019 at 21:29. Reason: Quote trimmed. Format.
ak916 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 21:31   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car fc expires in Jan 2020. I paid 2611rs total.
Thanks for that guide.

My dads Swift is due for renewal at the same RTO by June next year. How early from the date of registration can we do this?
Also, does the inspector check the whole car? For dents and such or just the chassis number?
How much did you pay as fees?
Old 19th December 2019, 21:49   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing my experience of renewing FC for 2005 Zen at KA-03 RTO. Also, you can use it as a to-do guide for KA-03, specifically and RTO in general.
Did you already get your RC book/FC? How long do they take?
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 10:52   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Thanks for that guide.

My dads Swift is due for renewal at the same RTO by June next year. How early from the date of registration can we do this?
Also, does the inspector check the whole car? For dents and such or just the chassis number?
How much did you pay as fees?

Fees was answered above. They did a quick walk around. It could be different when you visit. Small dents should not matter is what I think. The website says 60 days before expiry. So maybe 2-3 months in advance should be ok to submit the application/forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Did you already get your RC book/FC? How long do they take?

They take a month or so. I dint actually ask anyone as it's of no consequence. I will get it when I get it.

Last edited by ak916 : 20th December 2019 at 10:54.
ak916 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 17:45   #171

Quote:
My car FC expires in Jan 2020. I paid Rs. 2611 total.
Planning to go for renewal tomorrow. Could you give break up of 2611, just to be sure. On parivahan website, it says Rs 500 for renewal of registration and Rs 200 for fitness. Am I missing something here ?
Cinquecento500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:49   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinquecento500 View Post
Planning to go for renewal tomorrow. Could you give break up of 2611, just to be sure. On parivahan website, it says Rs 500 for renewal of registration and Rs 200 for fitness. Am I missing something here ?
As per parivahan site, RC renewal 600, Fitness test 400, Smart card 200, Fitness certificate 200. Tax for 5years will be in addition to this.

An agent quoted me Rs 5500 for the whole process.
Romins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 19:17   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroMachine View Post
There were raids conducted at the Jayanagar RTO recently after which there are very few brokers around.
NOC request for friend's motorcycle from KA05 was given through a driving school /agent in September. I got it in December last week, just in time. Agent was not even answering the phone calls, after two months! I agree it is better to try on our own using the online process at parivahan site.
Old 5th January 2020, 20:41   #174
Senior - BHPian

I had applied for an FC for my Forester around 2 months back. I received the registration card with an FC for the next 5 years. It costed me Rs 2400
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 22:52   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Was there ever a 20 year FC / Registration ?
I was checking a used bike, and the Registration / validity showed 20 yrs.
Old 10th January 2020, 12:05   #176
BHPian

I applied for NOC for my 2005 model Hyundai Santro at KA05/Bangalore South RTO through the digital route. I didn't pay any money and learned a thing or two in the process.

Here are the steps for DIY fanatics and those who have a 'no-bribe principle '
It would take maximum two (half) days (first half of the day) as the application has to be submitted before 1pm on weekdays and before 12pm on Saturdays.

I. Enter details online and get Form 28 - please do this from a PC from which you can print the forms or save as PDF

1) Goto https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/

2) Select Online Services > Vehicle Related Services > Other States

3) Enter the registration number and click on Proceed (Enter extra leading zero to make your number 4 digit, if your number has less than 4digits)

4) It will show your name and RTO where your vehicle is currently registered with. Please note you need to go this RTO Office.
My car is KA53, KR Puram but it was later moved to KA05 after the company lease got over.

5) Click on Proceed

6) Select Mobile Number Update and make sure your mobile number is correct. You need full engine /chassis numbers for this.

7) Select Application for No Objection Certificate, you will need to enter last 5digits of chassis number and get OTP to your mobile number.
Workflow of the application process: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...owforNOC.xhtml

8) Check for the correctness of the data. Update your insurance details. Select the RTO to which you need to transfer your vehicle. Ensure you have a valid address proof at this destination RTO

9) It will generate two documents - fee receipt of zero rupees with QR code and prefilled Form 28 with application number

10) Take printout of Fee Receipt and Form 28 (4 copies)

11) Please note there is no fee for NOC !

II. Get chassis number stencil on Form 28.

1) Get a 2B pencil and take the stencil of chassis number. This will be located right under the windshield inside the engine bay.

2) You do NOT need engine number stencil.

III) Go to RTO complex at Jayanagar 4th block, near BMTC bus station.
1) Documents required: https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/e...on-certificate
  • Fee Receipt - 1 copy
  • Application in Form 28 - 4 copies ; write your mobile number on first copy.
  • Certificate of registration (RC Book or Card) - original
  • Insurance - photocopy
  • Pollution under control certificate -photocopy
  • Aadhar card - photocopy; wirte your name and mobile number and sign this
  • Address proof to the RTO where you are requesting the NOC to -photocopy
  • Self addressed envelope with Rs 18 stamp and Brown colour file - you can buy these from the xerox shop near RTO.

2) Go to the counter in RTO office and they will ask you to go to a desk to check your documents

3) Get a form from a glass counter (right most) for CCRB report. This is a request form to City Crime Record Bureau office at Commissioner Office, Infrantry Road, near Raj Bhavan.

4) Get a seal and signature from Asst. officer ( the officer who checked your documents)

IV Get CCRB report( Police Report) from Commissioner office
1) Go to 4th floor and head to CCRB office at Commissioner Office. They will accept the request from RTO and give a reponse after checking the It will hardly take 5 minutes. Very friendly people.

2) CCRB report will certify to RTO that your vehicle is not associated with any theft cases.

V) Come back to RTO (same day if you can beat the Bangalore traffic and reach before 1pm, or next morning)
1) Go to the same desk where the documents got verified to get a signature.

2) Submit the application to the chest high counter and get a seal and date (Expected Date of Arrival)
VI) Go home and check the status of your application every day at parivhan.gov.in or just wait until the registered post from RTO arrives.

I got a date of Feb 5, when I submitted the application on Jan 9.

P.S: Mods, Please move this post to a more appropriate thread, if required.
Romins is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 23:49   #177
BHPian

Quote:

Things to do at home

1) Xerox and keep your RC, insurance and pollution with you, just in case. As once you submit these in RTO, they will give you a receipt which should work for all traffic stoppages for the time it takes to get the new RC but you never know, so keep a copy.
2) Fill form 25. download from parivahan website
3) Pencil your chassis number onto this form, at the bottom
4) buy an green document envelope from post office and address it to yourself with appropriate stamps. you can buy this near RTO as well
5) if address has changed, fill form 33. Download from website. Aadhaar is accepted as address proof doc. for other accepted docs, look at parivahan website
6) Keep car reasonable clean
7) Get a file and put your name, address, car #, reason for submitting file and phone number on the file. You can buy a file from near RTO as well

Things to do at RTO
1) put your head down and head straight to cash counter for FC. don't ask any other question to anyone as people will mislead you, possible on purpose
2) You first need to go to a counter where they will check if you have all the documents in place. They will also write how much cash to be paid at cash counter. This is counter 7 on second floor of Ka 03
3) Pay at counter 3/4/5
4) Park car in queue behind the RTO, outside the compound. You will see a queue of mostly rickshaws already in this queue.
5) Inspectors come at 1130 AM or so. Queue starts moving rather quickly.
6) They made me open the bonnet, cross check chassis number, walked around the car. That's it. Signed the doc
7) Go and meet one Babu at ground floor, where they do license test, in the ground behind RTO, but inside the compound. He will place a stamp, then make you sign a register
8) Go back to inspectors and they will sign the file
9) Now go to counter 7 again, where they will check if you did everything as prescribed. If yes, they will sign
10) Go to counter 1, submit file. They will give you a receipt which acts as proof of document being in RTO.

Run home. OR drive back. you get the point

Tip: Go there at 11:30 am or so. Then you can get done in 45 mins. Else if you go at 10 am, you will still have to wait till 1130 for inspector to come.
Thanks Buddy, I renewed the RC of of my 2005 Maruti 800 from Jayanagar RTO (KA-02) In Bangalore. I had to do FC renewal as well as address change. Your points were helpful, but wanted add few points specific to this location.

1.The RTO is in Jayanagar BDA Complex, and the inspection happens in the 4 Floor parking lot (Terrace) of this building. Pls ensure you park your car here. The entrance is adjacent to BMTC Bus Depot entrance. I did the mistake of parking the car elsewhere and lost 1 hr in the process of bring it back for inspection to 4 Floor.

2. Get the documents ready and walk to the helpdesk. The helpdesk guy will put in order and send for verification. The lady in the verification counter was not ready to accept my address change stating vague reasons and mentioned that the new RC will come to the self addressed envelope and don't bother changing it. She put initials on the FC form and returned my address change form.

3. Go counter #4, the officer looked my details and marked some serial numbers outside my file and asked to go to server room inside. I went there and the server room guy updated my info in the computer.

4. Back to counter 4, gave the application for both FC and address change. The gentleman gladly accepted it, marked in the system, gave me the file back and asked to go to counter #6 and pay the fees.

5. Paid the fees (Rs. 2567), back to help desk again. He gives a token (Charged Rs. 75) and took the car to terrace for inspection where 2-3 cars are already lined up.

6. Inspector takes the files, verified Chasis number, visually inspects the car as well as lights,horn , wipers etc. My car had old number plates (sticker type) and he fails the inspection saying that the car need to have the punched number plate with IND written.

7. Took the car, went to Thilak Nagar and managed to get the new number plates in 1 hr. By the time I came back, the inspection window as well as the document submission window was closed. Its open till 1:30 PM only.

8. Went next day again,this time inspector passed the test, signed the papers.Went to counter 17 to update the details in online system. Submitted the file in helpdesk where he gave the receipt. Drove back home.

Please ensure you have the IND marked punched number plate if you are going to Jayanagr RTO. Its a time consuming process, worth paying 1000/- to an agent if he is read y to take it up

Last edited by Superleggera : 1st February 2020 at 23:56.
Superleggera is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 15:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I renewed the RC of of my 2005 Maruti 800 from Jayanagar RTO (KA-02) In Bangalore.
I guess you had to go to Jayanagar because you are not the original owner who had registered it at Rajajinagar.

Thanks for the heads-up on the number plate. I need to do FC for my car in KL after getting the NOC from Bangalore. I still have those sticker number plates fitted by the dealer.

After I gave my application on Jan 9th, until today I don't see any update on the parivahan site, when I check my application status. Do you think it will show any progress ? I am planning to go to RTO next week and check the status anyhow.

Last edited by Romins : 4th February 2020 at 15:41. Reason: typo
Old 18th February 2020, 23:36   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
.... I renewed the RC of of my 2005 Maruti 800 from Jayanagar RTO (KA-02) In Bangalore.

I'm puzzled! That 2005 car must have been BS-III at best, which was banned since April 1, 2017. So it stands to reason that no registration (including renewal) of such vehicles would be possible after that date! Or is renewal treated in some other way?

The reason I'm asking is that the registration of my 2005 BS-III Baleno is also due for renewal next month, and a Maruti dealership officer (WB) told me that the registration couldn't be renewed! So what am I missing here? That 2017 Supreme Court BS-III ruling was applicable country wide, so it coudn't be state specific, could it?

This is a general question to all TBHP experts. Thanks.
Old 18th February 2020, 23:45   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I'm puzzled! That 2005 car must have been BS-III at best, which was banned since April 1, 2017. So it stands to reason that no registration (including renewal) of such vehicles would be possible after that date! Or is renewal treated in some other way?

The reason I'm asking is that the registration of my 2005 BS-III Baleno is also due for renewal next month, and a Maruti dealership officer (WB) told me that the registration couldn't be renewed! So what am I missing here? That 2017 Supreme Court BS-III ruling was applicable country wide, so it coudn't be state specific, could it?
This is wrong. The Supreme Court ruling only applies to registrations of new vehicles. BS3, BS2 and cars adhering to even lower (or no) emission standards can have their ownerships transferred and registration renewed as usual. I myself got my 2004 BS2 car's registration renewed in April 2019 (in WB) and faced no issues whatsoever.

Moreover, application for registration renewal is an online process now and you just need to visit the RTO thrice: once to submit documents and take an inspection date, next for the inspection and lastly another day to collect your new RC (unless your RTO delivers it to your place). It's an easy process, and costs Rs. 690 (Rs. 520 extra for HSRPs if your car doesn't have them already). Hope this helps!

Regards,
Sayantan.

Last edited by boniver : 18th February 2020 at 23:48.
boniver is online now   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks