Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2007, 02:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The seat belts should have been mandatory in Kerala long time back when u have killer red buses running around.
look whose talking, you should learn! i told you a hundred times, show the finger if the bus dosent stop!
( and point to be noted, you are always to saty away from ambys, buses, tipers, mahindra jeeps, and all buses! when you enter kerala )

@Other BHPians : i got pulled over today ( damn it ) AGAIN!! this time dont play your music so loud & please where you seat belts at the nh47 near technopark after the bridge.

PS: why are the cops attracted towards my car, or is this month just not going well for me!
Old 3rd August 2007, 06:16   #32
BHPian

Even if the front passengers are waering the belts, if the rear PAX are not, there is a great chance that in the case of an accident, the rear PAX could fling towards the front passengers and culd kill them...there was this ad made by the Australian govenrment which shows a mother being killed by her teenage son, who was at the back seat of the car and had not belted up....
There is no question as to whether the seat belts would save live, it will surely...its each of us to decide to live a bit longer or not...

There is anoter ad which shows two teenagers travellig in a car and the car being hit by a truck...one of them was not belted up and is dead...the ad shows his 'atma' lifting off from his body...the other persons atma tries to escape his body, but the belts bock it and he comes back to life...may seem foolish but thats the truth...

so buckle up...our company works closely with the road safety division of kerala government to enforce trafic rules, and educate poeple on the importance of road safety...but alas, if companies could save this world, wouldnt we all be saved by now..
Old 3rd August 2007, 07:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
PS: why are the cops attracted towards my car,
Bcos its running on under size'd tyres with an over size driver
Old 3rd August 2007, 09:04   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
I always thought that the car front seats act as a cusion for rear passengers in case of accidents. ... ... ...
Probably most of us think, or thought, that. That seat is not very soft if you hit it at 40kph!

I discussed this misapprehension with an ex-policeman once. He put me right, rather too graphically, by suggesting that I'd never think that again if I ever had to help separate bits of human from bits of car seat :(

I really don't know how fast the car has to be travelling for things to get that grisly: just the thought of it is enough for me, whatever the speed!

So whether it is to prevent yourself taking a flight through the windscreen, killing the driver on the way, or to prevent yourself using the seat as a human-shredding machine --- backseat seatbelt is a good idea!
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:41   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
In fact, a month after the compulsory helmet rule, only less than 50% have helmets these days. For a week, there was checking and all, now they dont seem eager to catch a biker without a helmet.
I guess thats the difference here in Bangalore. With the rule being implemented finally, you soon saw that 90%+ of all bikers had their helmets on, but cant really say if they were strapped on, or just worn as it is.
Old 5th August 2007, 22:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

It's not only the rear passenger hitting the back seat, the PAS could hit his/her head on the roof of the car and suffer grevious injuries. There was a simulated video of how Lady Diana died which showed her being thrown about in the car and her head hitting the roof and other parts of the car. It is said that she would have been saved, if she wore a seatbelt. Interestingly, the only survivor of that accident was her(or Dod'i's) body guard and he was the only person in the car to wear a belt. I am quoting from memory, so forgive me if I am wrong somewhere
Old 6th August 2007, 01:19   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing: I'd have thought it was a completely ingrained habbit in us brits: even the royal ones!
Old 10th August 2007, 13:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Even if the front passengers are waering the belts, if the rear PAX are not, there is a great chance that in the case of an accident, the rear PAX could fling towards the front passengers and culd kill them...there was this ad made by the Australian govenrment which shows a mother being killed by her teenage son, who was at the back seat of the car and had not belted up....
There is no question as to whether the seat belts would save live, it will surely...its each of us to decide to live a bit longer or not...

There is anoter ad which shows two teenagers travellig in a car and the car being hit by a truck...one of them was not belted up and is dead...the ad shows his 'atma' lifting off from his body...the other persons atma tries to escape his body, but the belts bock it and he comes back to life...may seem foolish but thats the truth...

so buckle up...our company works closely with the road safety division of kerala government to enforce trafic rules, and educate poeple on the importance of road safety...but alas, if companies could save this world, wouldnt we all be saved by now..

Can you be kind enough to share these videos ?

I am finding it hard to convince people to wear seat belts in front and rear ? Wanted some proof to validate my statements

Most worrisome I feel is for the poor kids in laps of parents in the front row. I wish I could blast those parents. Dont care a penny for kids lives.

Sometime back I saw a kid maybe 4 years sitting on a DASH BOARD in Zen filled with People and another being a 5 month old driving a car standing on his dad's leg

PM if you have any vidoes that display the impact if you dont wear seat belts

Thanks

Ram P
Old 10th August 2007, 14:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
As Samurai says - let politicians, policemen, gangsters and all other low-life go around without seatbelts. They are expendable.

Steer, y have you repeated yourself thrice?
Old 10th August 2007, 15:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Can you be kind enough to share these videos ?

I am finding it hard to convince people to wear seat belts in front and rear ? Wanted some proof to validate my statements

Most worrisome I feel is for the poor kids in laps of parents in the front row. I wish I could blast those parents. Dont care a penny for kids lives.

Sometime back I saw a kid maybe 4 years sitting on a DASH BOARD in Zen filled with People and another being a 5 month old driving a car standing on his dad's leg

PM if you have any vidoes that display the impact if you dont wear seat belts

Thanks

Ram P
parents should watch the video and learn that they are playing with someones life. someone should educate them that you get car seats for infants and the dash board is not a seat. such parents should be banned from driveing and their licenses taken away and fined.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Actually they should relax the seat belt standards for politicians, I mean I don't really mind if they...
I too won't mind if they don't wear any seat belts.
Old 20th September 2014, 04:33   #42
BHPian

Re: Seat Belts mandatory in Kerala!!!

Reviving an old thread as it happened in Kerala

Source link:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/42933336.cms

Non-functional rear seat belt irks Central Minister

Quote:
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Union health minister Harsh Vardhan on Friday made it clear that he practices what he preaches and contributed his bit towards raising awareness about passenger safety in cars. The minister, a staunch advocate of car safety measures, insisted on a functional rear seatbelt in the vehicle arranged for him by the state government.

Following the death of Union minister Gopinath Munde in a road accident in May this year, Vardhan had mooted making seatbelts mandatory for rear seats. Therefore, when the minister, on a two-day visit to Kerala, found the rear belt of the Innova at his disposal dysfunctional, he pointed it out to the driver. He then proceeded to take the car to the venue of his first function from the airport as he was behind schedule. Getting off at the Regional Cancer Centre, he reminded the driver and the security personnel to ensure a car with a working rear seatbelt for his further journey.

Sure enough, as he prepared to leave after the function at RCC, he first checked with the driver if the seatbelt was functional. He found it was working. "Is this a new car?" was the minister's first question after wearing the seat belt. The driver, Saji Kumar, told him it was the same car and that the belt had been fixed.

The minister later mentioned the dysfunctional seatbelt in his car at a news conference. Asked about the Kerala government's reluctance to implement the rule, he said, "It's sad that such an initiative is not appreciated... It's in the interest of the people that this rule needs to be implemented."
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks