Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2023, 10:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India

A test mule of what appears to be the updated Hyundai Alcazar has been caught testing in India.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India-hyundaialcazarfaceliftspotted.jpg

The Hyundai Alcazar is expected to get several cosmetic updates. The heavy camouflage on the front and rear sections suggests that the SUV will receive a redesigned front fascia along with a few changes at the rear. These might include a new grille, bumpers, new LED headlights and tail lights, new design alloy wheels and a refreshed interior.

Hyundai is also working on the Creta facelift. The midsize SUV could borrow design cues from the flagship Palisade. It is said that the changes made to the Alcazar could be on similar lines. We can expect the refreshed models to come equipped with new features such as a 360-degree camera and ADAS.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India-hyundaicretafaceliftspotted.jpg

Currently, the Alcazar is offered with a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 158 BHP and 253 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel that puts out 114 BHP and 250 Nm. While a 6-speed manual gearbox is standard, the petrol version is available with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic, while the diesel gets a 6-speed automatic option.

Source: Motorbeam

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 14:53   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India

Hyundai Alcazar already comes with a 360-degree camera from the Platinum variant onwards. I feel Alcazar only needs better body roll protection, a safe superstructure, some good to feel soft touch material on the insides and a powerful diesel engine (apart from a good-looking face ). Since this is a mild facelift, I don't expect any changes would be made in the overall design to make the third row more accommodating.

IMO, it is a nice package for the price for which it is offered.

Last edited by Gamemaztr : 21st September 2023 at 15:00.
Gamemaztr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 18:19   #3
BHPian

My brother has booked the Alcazar Adventure edition and is supposed to get the car by month's end. He is willing to wait for a facelift. How much is the normal Hyundai timeline from spotting of test mules to launch? WIll this be introduced by December?
Old 20th October 2023, 19:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar facelift launch expected in Mid 2024.

Engine options : 1.5-litre turbo petrol, 1.5-litre diesel

Quote:
The updated Alcazar will wear Hyundai’s newest design language, and it will also get ADAS.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 20:29   #5
BHPian

Mostly when I come across this vehicle, I see the main sore point of low seating position. This unfortunately gives a poor impression of the vehicle being under SUV category.
Old 29th February 2024, 13:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied with new dual-tone alloy wheels

The Hyundai Alcazar is all set to get a makeover just like its 5-seater version, the Creta. The updated SUV is expected to be launched by mid-2024 and is currently being put through its paces.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India-2024hyundaialcazarfaceliftspiedtestingnew2.jpg

The latest spy images reveal a new alloy wheel design. The new dual-tone wheels have a star-like design pattern. The SUV is also equipped with functional roof rails.

The upcoming Alcazar is expected to get several cosmetic updates just like Creta. It could get a bold grille with L-shaped LED DRLs and a redesigned rear fascia.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India-2024hyundaialcazarfaceliftspiedtestingnew3.jpg

Inside, the Alcazar facelift is likely to get the all-new dashboard from the updated Creta, replete with features like the dual 10.25-inch screens for the infotainment system and digital instrument cluster. The SUV will also get dual-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, ventilated front seats and ADAS.

The Alcazar facelift is expected to be offered with a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 158 BHP and 253 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel that puts out 114 BHP and 250 Nm, paired with manual or automatic transmissions.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 14:39   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The SUV is also equipped with functional roof rails.
How do we deduce from these spy images that these are functional roof rails? Or Hyundai has mentioned somewhere that these are / will be load bearing and functional roof rails?

Because from a visual perspective, many cars have roof rails with prominent gaps in the central area (including those on my Ignis) and those aren't functional really. I don't see any other visual cue to confirm that these are functional. Good if they are, of course.
Old 29th March 2024, 17:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied; LED taillights revealed

Having launched the Creta facelift, Hyundai is now gearing up to introduce the updated Alcazar in the Indian market. The upcoming Hyundai Alcazar facelift was recently spotted testing in South Korea. While the prototype was wrapped in heavy camouflage, the latest spy image does reveal the new LED taillights.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India-alcazar.jpg

The Alcazar facelift is expected to get a redesigned rear fascia with L-shaped tail lamp clusters, possibly connected by an LED light bar. The SUV will also get twin chrome exhaust tips.

Hyundai is also likely to make several modifications to the front of the Alcazar. The design changes could be inspired by the new Creta.

Inside, the Alcazar facelift is likely to get the all-new dashboard from the updated Creta, replete with features like the dual 10.25-inch screens for the infotainment system and digital instrument cluster. The SUV will also get dual-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, ventilated front seats and ADAS.

The Alcazar facelift is expected to be offered with a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 158 BHP and 253 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel that puts out 114 BHP and 250 Nm, paired with manual or automatic transmissions.

Source: Kangnamtimes

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 29th March 2024 at 17:18.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 17:29   #9
BHPian

The biggest update they can do is the headlights, hope this will be addressed. The current setup is inadequate for night driving at highway speeds. Also I hate the new trend of headlights that do not come with repair facility.

Otherwise it's already a great package for the price. I hope the addition of ADAS doesn't make it cross 30L OTR. As someone who just bought a AE petrol DCT I am very happy and hope to see a good face-lift.
prasanna.vps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 21:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied; LED taillights revealed

Having launched the Creta facelift, Hyundai is now gearing up to introduce the updated Alcazar in the Indian market. The upcoming Hyundai Alcazar facelift was recently spotted testing in South Korea. While the prototype was wrapped in heavy camouflage, the latest spy image does reveal the new LED taillights.
I think I saw this on Kanakpura Road in Bangalore this evening. The headlights/DRL definitely looked like the square ones like the new creta.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2024, 11:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
The biggest update they can do is the headlights, hope this will be addressed. The current setup is inadequate for night driving at highway speeds. Also I hate the new trend of headlights that do not come with repair facility.
The headlights don't serve the purpose and needs a definite upgrade/improvement in all the Hyundai's including Tucson and I5. Hope Hyundai takes note of this.

Most Viewed