Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 10:16   #16
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Sx4 and swift both have discounts in pune. Sx4 is 15 k for corporate deal swift was around 8-10 k.
Wow! I guess Rs. 0 discount is given in Mumbai. "Gaadi demand mein hai kaisa discount milega?" these were the words.

I was in Surat last week. I learnt that a dealer has been stripped off the privilege of selling DDiS. Here is what happened.
A customer booked DDiS through some dealer, I dont remember the name. The customer was a good friend of the dealer. So the dealer gave Free Anti-Rust Treatment to the customer. He got the car, everyone was happy.
Few days later he received a call from Maruti just asking casual things like how is the car, any issues etc etc. Now the persons who are calling are Maruti officials who taken a place in Surat and calling from there. This customer happily said that dealer is a good friend and gave me free anti-rust treatment. Now this treatment costs Rs.3500/- Maruti is very strict for not giving anything for free. Hence action was taken and the dealer was told that he will not be supplied with DDis henceforth. Period.
This was told to me by someone, dont know how true or false is it. Anyone from Surat can confirm it?
Old 14th May 2008, 10:20   #17
BHPian

I learnt from Sikand Motors Delhi that Maruti has increased the discounts from today. For WagonR it is free insurance+MGA woth 20k. I need to confirm for other omdels.
Old 14th May 2008, 10:31   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Normally any extra freebies/ discounts given to customers by dealers, are taken from the dealer margin itself, (if such discounts are over and above any company discount / offer that may be prevalent at the time). therefore the info that the said dealer may have been stripped of his status etc because he gave freebies / discounts etc most probably is not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Wow! I guess Rs. 0 discount is given in Mumbai. "Gaadi demand mein hai kaisa discount milega?" these were the words.

I was in Surat last week. I learnt that a dealer has been stripped off the privilege of selling DDiS. Here is what happened.
A customer booked DDiS through some dealer, I dont remember the name. The customer was a good friend of the dealer. So the dealer gave Free Anti-Rust Treatment to the customer. He got the car, everyone was happy.
Few days later he received a call from Maruti just asking casual things like how is the car, any issues etc etc. Now the persons who are calling are Maruti officials who taken a place in Surat and calling from there. This customer happily said that dealer is a good friend and gave me free anti-rust treatment. Now this treatment costs Rs.3500/- Maruti is very strict for not giving anything for free. Hence action was taken and the dealer was told that he will not be supplied with DDis henceforth. Period.
This was told to me by someone, dont know how true or false is it. Anyone from Surat can confirm it?

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th May 2008 at 10:31. Reason: brackets
Old 14th May 2008, 10:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

In hyderabad, there is an exchange bonus of 25000 on the SX4- dont know what are the discounts though if one were to not avail of the exchange bonus.....
Old 14th May 2008, 10:55   #20
BHPian

The dealer offered a discount of 40K on the SX4 Zxi, as he is offering this instead of the Dzire Zdi which I've booked. Said no to the offer though!
Old 14th May 2008, 10:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
The dealer offered a discount of 40K on the SX4 Zxi, as he is offering this instead of the Dzire Zdi which I've booked. Said no to the offer though!

OT- burnt. IMO this is a terrific offer if the dealer is offering you a 2008 car at this price. Unless you are very particular about a diesel, you will be getting a segment higher car for a price less than teh swift ZDI
Old 14th May 2008, 11:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
OT- burnt. IMO this is a terrific offer if the dealer is offering you a 2008 car at this price. Unless you are very particular about a diesel, you will be getting a segment higher car for a price less than teh swift ZDI
I am not sure whether that's a 2008 car. The sales guy himself told me that they've got quite a few SX4's lying in the yard with no takers. The deal was that I'd get the SX4 at roughly the same price as the Dzire Zdi. Said no because I'm particular about the car being diesel.
Old 14th May 2008, 11:35   #23
BHPian

Last month, I had visited Kalyani motors to take a look at Swift DDIS and the sales person there was trying his hardest to push the SX4 on me quoting the long delivery times. I also saw a banner outside the showroom during a service visit last weekend that SX4 had a exchange bonus of 25000/- Is the SX4 honeymoon over?
Old 14th May 2008, 14:47   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Normally any extra freebies/ discounts given to customers by dealers, are taken from the dealer margin itself, (if such discounts are over and above any company discount / offer that may be prevalent at the time). therefore the info that the said dealer may have been stripped of his status etc because he gave freebies / discounts etc most probably is not true.
There are some manufacturers who exercise fanatical control over their dealers and, yes, do prohibit them from offering discounts. This could be because they don't want rivalry between dealerships, margins are wafer thin already. Also to control the market price, resale etc. etc.

Another example of fanatical control : M Benz dealers cannot place an advertisement without prior approval by M Benz. I also heard from rumour mills that the logo size on visiting cards is restricted too!
Old 14th May 2008, 15:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sx4 and swift both have discounts in pune. Sx4 is 15 k for corporate deal swift was around 8-10 k.
I am surprised which dealer? My friend got 2k discount as corporate discount. We had checked from all the Dealers there was no discount in Pune on Swift till Feb atleast.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There are some manufacturers who exercise fanatical control over their dealers and, yes, do prohibit them from offering discounts. This could be because they don't want rivalry between dealerships, margins are wafer thin already. Also to control the market price, resale etc. etc.

Another example of fanatical control : M Benz dealers cannot place an advertisement without prior approval by M Benz. I also heard from rumour mills that the logo size on visiting cards is restricted too!
Yes GTO. Absolutely right. The logo size, colour, font on visiting cards, size of VC, paper quality, etc are to be adhered to strictly. There is a hard and fast company policy governing VC. One more fact, many dealerships have to procure visiting cards from the company, after requesting for it through proper channels. They are not allowed to print it locally. Reason? The soft copy of the logo should not go to local printers, to prevent misuse!!!
Old 14th May 2008, 16:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the corporate offer there is a discount of 25000 toward exchange in case of sx4 in kerela.This has yielded some results too.
ram
Old 14th May 2008, 16:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the 25k discount is discussed here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ebrations.html

Off late I have found you get treu discount only on Wagon R\Omni\Versa\Estilo, the claimed discounts on other cars are purely an eye wash.

Read here
Old 15th May 2008, 01:05   #29
BHPian

Swift and SX4 offers - The DZiRE effect?

Quote:
In Chennai today there was an offering 5K exchange bonus in addition to corporate discounts for the Swift. The SX4 has also been having some offers lately. Guess everybody DZiREs it!
Old 15th May 2008, 11:44   #30
BHPian

Yesterday my friend booked SX4 Zxi and managed to get 35k cash discount and also got a good deal for his old maruti zen 2004 for an exchange price of 2.5 L. We told them that Ford fiesta is offering around 60K discount and negotiated with him. Since I already bought SX4 from him he gave discounts for the second one. good deal

Most Viewed