Team-BHP - MUL to roll out new-look Esteem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   MUL to roll out new-look Esteem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2712-mul-roll-out-new-look-esteem.html)

NEW DELHI: Maruti Udyog, India's biggest carmaker, will launch a new-look mid-size sedan Esteem early next week with an aggressive pricing strategy.

The new look Esteem, which would be competitively priced, has been designed in-house. The move was aimed at sprucing up the image of the car which was launched about 10 years back, industry sources said.

The Esteem, which topped the list of JD Power and NFO, global market survey agencies, for its quality and cost of ownership, needed a new look, they said.

The new entry-level mid-size car which has a 1300cc MPI engine has been developed in India by the engineers of Suzuki.

Maruti, which is 54.2 per cent-owned by Suzuki Motor, Japan, has already designed the variant of compact car Zen in India.

The new version of Esteem would help Maruti garner a considerable share in mid-size car market which was growing at a considerable pace, they said.

The Esteem is pitted against Ford's Ikon and Tata's Indigo.

At present, the base model of Esteem sports a price tag of Rs 4.76 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

With Suzuki taking over the management control of Maruti, the Japanese mini car major had announced that Maruti would be an R&D hub for its Asian operations.

Maruti was able to design the Zen variant in India late last year.

The in-house design of the upcoming Esteem would help the company launch more variants in future, industry experts

said.

At present, Esteem is available in five variants.

Sales of Esteem grew 10 per cent to 11,500 units last year.

The move to introduce a new variant of its mid-size car comes close on the heels of Maruti's efforts to strengthen its compact car catgory which consists of Alto, WagonR and Zen. The company has also brought down the prices of its premium mid-size car Baleno.

Maruti has already launched newer vesions of Zen and WagonR. *
Source : Economic Times (7/2/04) *

i am actually very much excited with the news.

hope atleast this one performs better.

2f2f

Nope, expect this "new" Esteem to be nothing but the old Esteem with a fresh grille and lights treatment.

If the Maruti job on the Zen is anything to go by, the new Esteem is going to look like disaster!

GTO

I think this time.. may be Maruti will launch the Liana.. Lets hope so!!

WOW!

Just launched: http://esteem.marutiudyog.com

I just checked out the maruti's esteem website where you can get a glimpse on what's on offer:
http://esteem.marutiudyog.com/

Mostly Cosmetic changes : Clear lens headlamps , The front grille which looks like the Baleno's , *A different looking rear end and *Tubeless tires .

The interior seems to be newer with white dials on the dash ."low fatigue" seats are advertised.

The engine and external specs have no change.

-Beetle

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The new look Esteem, which would be competitively priced, has been designed in-house. The move was aimed at sprucing up the image of the car which was launched about 10 years back, industry sources said.

The new version of Esteem would help Maruti garner a considerable share in mid-size car market which was growing at a considerable pace, they said.

so mul hopes by changing the grilles and headlamps they have designed a new car > for the esteem to stand a chnace in the mid size segment , they have to work on it from the inside too. its the most cramped car from the inside.

maan , y not just scrap the car and bring in the better looking liana.

ufff mul, come on , pull up ur socks

not a bad design when compared to what they did to the zen.

I have to admit, its not that bad a job as the Zens (Atleast from the photos). But Maruti really has guts trying to sell a 15 year old design in a marketplace full of modern designs and competitive prices. Just look at the Petras sheer value, or the Ikon and Accent duo.

Heres some pictures:

GTO

which Maruthi car is going to be operated next?
omni, gypsy or the 800.. *
MUL should stop trying to modify their age old designs and put some serious thought into getting new models in the market. Over the years the people at MUL seem to have taken the indian customer for granted..
-chaxy

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Stratos @ July 05 2004,11:07)]I think this time.. may be Maruti will launch the Liana.. Lets hope so!!

i am desperately waiting for it.

2f2f

Hey some cool news, Esteem prices slashed by Rs 40,000/-, read this :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/765419.cms

wow now the top end model of esteem around for 4.90

and after sure discount (about to introduce anytime sooner) it will cost somewhere around 4.50.. phew grt price or say throw away price

well .. also no changes besie some cosmetic changes !!!

2f2f

The base model of the Esteem variant had been priced at Rs 425,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi) while the top-end VXi version would sport a price tag of Rs 490,000 and intermediate variant LXi would cost Rs 455,000, MUL managing director Jagdish Khattar told a news conference in New Delhi.

"The performance and fuel efficiency of Esteem is widely acknowledged. Now, with a new external look, there will be no reason for compact sedan customers to select any other brand. At this price, the new Esteem is very attractive," he said.

2f2f

The Grille looks a little too big... may be.. cauz i am used to seeing the old esteem!!!

oopsss soory for repeated posts

anyways... the vision of MUL looks clearly here .. they have actually pulling the prices of exsiting models available in the market and will be launching anytime soon a model which will fit into 6-7 lakh varient.... i can sense some new models to be launched....

or say tata`s pull repeated the story of ambani`s (in the case of mobiles)

2f2f