Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: will the new chevy SPARK dethrone the xing? - its about the new CHEVY SPARK
a) yes 34 32.69%
b)no 52 50.00%
c)cant say 18 17.31%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2006, 14:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

never. Its a failed product to common man. And talking about its existing service center!, thers one at Tvm, some 10-15km away frm city at no man's place ( some old industrial estate)

And, if they are gonna bring it they should either price it to compete with Alto or get a bigger engine and then put it aside the Santro.

Me think its not gonna eat SAntro sales. Egg car yuk!
Old 7th March 2006, 15:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Why single out the Xing??? If Spark does well, it will affect sales of the whole A/B segment which includes Maruti as well.

Indian consumers want practicality. They want after sales. They want Fuel efficiency. They want reliability. Will the Spark deliver? I dont know. Going by its past, i dont think so!
Old 7th March 2006, 15:44   #18
BHPian

No way! Hyundai surprised everyone when they dramatically changed the looks of Santro and called it Xing, when they were already selling huge numbers. Xing is all the more attractive today and the easiest to drive and also to get in and get out (for elders and women especially.). The service network is excellent - take this for example: Trident and Advaith in Bangalore have atleast 4 service stations in and around the city to cater to the demand. Xing has attained the very-familiar-car-next-door tag just like any other successfull car in India. And GM matching all this? You must be kidding.
Old 7th March 2006, 16:15   #19
Team-BHP Support

A 5 year old design made by a company on the verge of bankrupcy dethroning a model by a company which has a bright future. Good analysis
Old 7th March 2006, 16:18   #20
BHPian

let it launch first. GM' strategy for india fails to impress me, or anyone for that matter. aveo is half dead...and dont know if it is going to arrive. spark, no spark remaining. i dont think it will beat xing.
Old 7th March 2006, 17:44   #21
BHPian

Although I do like what they've done with the spark (minor changes mostly, except for the 1L engine), I have serious doubts if it will dethrone the Xing, or any other car for that matter. The reason : exactly what Steeroid said. Gm has no experience handling the small car market in India. Service will be a critical aspect as a lot of erstwhile Daewoo owners will confirm, for sure.

But if GM does price it right, say in the Alto territory, they can expect at least some sales for the first year or two.
Old 8th March 2006, 01:54   #22
BHPian

I really dont think that Spark will have the spark to shake Xing.... it'll lack the basics, i reckon
Old 8th March 2006, 03:03   #23
BHPian

there are pleople who also like santro.. me for a reason.. I bought that car to clean my hand on.. i will always remember santros.. its something i have learnt on!!
Old 8th March 2006, 04:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Building on Steeroid point, a small cheap car will also be bought in large numbers in B-level towns all over India.

GM really needs to open more dealerships in these places if they want to catch up with Maruti and Hyundai.
Old 8th March 2006, 08:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
While its good to have one more contender in a space cornered by Maruti and Hyundai (.......................)
Can GM do that? They dont come with a heritage of doing so, but if they do then the customer will have one more choice.
Nice point done there. It will be interesting to see how GM will handle volume car support.
But they have done it fine with Optra so I guess it is safe to assume they will do the same with Spark.

Quote:
never. Its a failed product to common man. And talking about its existing service center!, thers one at Tvm, some 10-15km away frm city at no man's place ( some old industrial estate)
There are large nuimber of Matiz all around. It was selling like hot cake before Daewoo went bust.
And please don't compare service support at this moment. As it will be a cruel joke.

Quote:
Indian consumers want practicality. They want after sales. They want Fuel efficiency. They want reliability. Will the Spark deliver? I dont know. Going by its past, i dont think so!
My father has Matiz & over past 6 years it has satisfied all questions put forward by you.
The Daewoo showroom which is now Ford showroom still service Daewoo cars in Pune.

Quote:
A 5 year old design made by a company on the verge of bankrupcy dethroning a model by a company which has a bright future. Good analysis
It has happened with Optra.

Quote:
I really dont think that Spark will have the spark to shake Xing.... it'll lack the basics, i reckon
And what basics will thsoe be ?
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:02   #26
Team-BHP Support

Spark may be launched in April 2007. Times of India had a sneak preview, tough cant find the article online. If anyone has the link please post
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:11   #27
BHPian

Yeh, I think the Spark will beat Xing and Alto in Sales. I think the new car looks fresh and not boxed out like the competition.
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:13   #28
BANNED

I think Spark/Matiz has what it takes to shake the market. Lots of people who bought the orginal love it to bits and drive it even today.

Only GM should be able to back it up with A.S.S.
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:29   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloking
the CHEVY SPARK will dethrone the xing but it may take some time. it will be a very successful car as it is now under THE CHEVY brand and even the old matiz did well

True, but are we overlooking an altogether new Santro slated to be out in 2007 as well?
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

I dont know anything about Spark, but Its not a easy stuff for GM even to stand against the likes of Maruti and Hyundai in this segment. It has to be a no brainer choice with Spark, even a slightest dilemma between the products will obviously land people with either Maruti or Hyundai.

I had read in reviews (even in our forum) that Optra is way ahead than NHC. Just wanted to understand how well these optra's compete with NHC. Every day the no's of NHC on the roads is getting increased.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks