Team-BHP - Nissan X-Trail is here!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nissan X-Trail is here!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2720-nissan-x-trail-here.html)

Nissan has launched the Japanese spec X-Trail at ex-chennai price of 21.08 lac for the starting version, and 24.14 lac for the full blown version. It will be imported as a CBU from Japan.

It comes with the now-standard CRDi engine in 2.2 liters and apprx. 137 BHP. A 6 speed manual transmission is standard. Apparently Nissan has already appointed one dealer in each of the four metros.

GTO

Source : Indiacar.net Article

any news wheter there will be a dealer in hyd too?

when are deliveries starting
any idea abt the price in Bbay ,
what are the diferent models available

Any comparisions between the X-trail and the Terracan would be appreciated.
I am not considering the PAjero in comparision coz IMO , it is not competant enough ( Old shape and design , engine is noth great to talk abt, status symbol, well taht was somewhere in the 96- 99 regime , where only filmstars had Pajeros)

if Audi is planning a TT coupe , I jsut hope taht Nissan brings the 350 Z to give i some compitition.

And GOD, If dreams come true, I hope to see SKYLINE soon from the Nissan stable

yay
but quite expensive
wasnt it meant to be for 14 - 15
its price puts it out of da race now.....

the Nissan is as small as the CRV. The Terracan and Endeavor are large and powerful enough and cost much lesser. The Terracan also has a Crdi engine.

I cant understand one thing. The Pajero was a hot import before it was officially launched in India. But once it was launched, u dont get to see so many of them.

Ditto now with the LX470. Every Tom, Dick and Harry [wish i was one of them] has a LX470. But i'm sure once Toyota launches the LX470, sales and imports will drop. What cud be the reason for this??

I would have to say choice...Poeple are getting much better and wider choices than they did, when you saw pajeros roaming around..people are more aware and the dealers get many different cars, I think thats the reason..

Hi Guys,
Just had the luck of testing this nissan 4 days back. One thing came to me when i saw the car and price is, it is a bit high!!.
The engine was well, ok to me but a bit noisy. But compared to the other cars it felt pretty good, Really smooth on the bumps and bad roads. Pretty much made for the roads here. If they had priced it right i think they would have had good sales. Have to wait and watch. I test drove a blue one, reminds me of the skyline blue

Cheers
Dom

I hate the design of the dashboard - why the hell is the instrument cluster in the middle and not near the steering? it reminds me of the premier padmini & Ambassador days!

GRRRRRRRR!!!! I HATE THAT!!

Ok Ok.. i know u guys are gonna tell me that this design liberated the space and there is a A/C vent that blows cold air straight on ur face and it's practical etc etc. but the bottomline is i just don't like it. Besides, don't u think it's kinda dangerous? everytime i want to look at the speed,rpm, fuel level, temperature i will have to take my eyes dangerously of the road to take a glimpse. try it. i am sure it will take a few seconds more to do that in a x-trail as compared to in any other car. And a few seconds more at about 100-120kmph could actually be a lot of time.
No sir, i dont like this design

hey guys,
i know the guy at the nissan dealership in mumbai........ill fix up a test drive for myself soon. Will post the report up as soon as im done testing the car.

The Nissan X-Trail is over-priced because of Nissans inexistent infrastructure in the country, a CBU import and that its being imported from Japan.

GTO

Nice machine with good specs... Value for money? Well i dont think so. I still prefer my endeavour for its sheer value for money as in my opion it looks much better than the X-trail. But the nissan would definatly be aloot more fun to drive than the endeavour. If i were asked to pick out of the Terracan,Pajero or X-trail then hands down i would take the nissan. If u compare it to the segement ruled by cr-v and endeavour then its not value for money but if u compare it to the Terracan and above range this one stands out most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 20 2004,00:27)]The Nissan X-Trail is over-priced because of Nissans inexistent infrastructure in the country, a CBU import and that its being imported from Japan.

GTO

Excluding the comment of the infrastructure, so is the CRV and it is 3-4lakhs cheaper!

I dont think you can comapre the X-Trail with the likes of the Endeavour and the CRV which are MUVs. It goes in the same bracket with the Pajero,Prado,Terracan. It has similiar features as these vehicles and also falls in the same price bracket.

Price-wise the X-Trail competes with the Pajero and the Terraca. The Pajero is ruled out since its an old, outdated design. The X-Trail was deisgned to compete with the likes of the Toyota RAV4 and the CRV internationally (except India i guess ). No doubt it has the best engine, but it is still very much overpriced.

I think when you guys are saying Pajero...you mean the really old boxy one. I have to admit....after doing some off-roading in a Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero, I have developed a soft corner for this machine. Given a choice, I would pick the Pajero anyday.

GTO