Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2004, 23:44   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys
im about to get an accent viva crdi
its comin to around 7.7 on road thane with alloys and 14 inch tyres and fogs and all that
any way i was wonderin how the owners of the accent crdi like the car
how do u guys find the space and engine refinement and power delivery after some time....
also what avg do u guys get and is it worth a buy .....
any reviews.......
also has anyone seen a black and forest dew viva - how did it look
im keen on black
hey rehaan how much did ure tyres and alloys cost and how much did ure tyres cost ( are they within 25000 after exchangin )
also do u guys thinbk i can get a 10/12 cd/mp3 changer along with a deck for 10000 not incl spkrs ( im usin company spkrs)
thanx
lamborghini

( waitin period is 2 mths - anyone have contacts in hyundai motor plaza mumbai help )
Old 20th August 2004, 00:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Aug. 19 2004,22:14)]hey rehaan how much did ure tyres and alloys cost and how much did ure tyres cost ( are they within 25000 after exchangin )
Hey Lambo,

Firstly, why the viva and not the accent? just wondering.

4xTyres + 5x14" alloys -4xstocktyres = <26k (or a couple k less)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]also do u guys thinbk i can get a 10/12 cd/mp3 changer along with a deck for 10000 not incl spkrs ( im usin company spkrs)
The speakers that come with the accent/viva are paper cones. Not very durable and not superb at sound reproduction. So forget the CD changer and just get an in-dash mp3 + good speakers. for ~11k

cya
R
Old 20th August 2004, 01:41   #3
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Aug. 19 2004,23:05)]
Hey Lambo,
Well firstly I've test driven the Viva quite a few times from different dealers. I was actually writing a whole review about the car about 2 months back but while writing it there was some error on my computer & it just conked off & I was lazy to type the whole thing again.
Anyway getting back to the point, the CRDi engine is fantastic. The only issue with the engine is that it is NOISY. If you're sitting at the back then you probably wouldn't hear it so much esp with music on but for the driver its always there. Another thing is when you crank it & not only the morning it sounds like a Tempo! Space is as the same as the other Accents. The best part about the engine is the way it achieves speed! More so when you realize that its a diesel..FANTASTIC! Braking is just ok. I did a brake test of the Viva down from 140k's..stomped hard on the brake pedal & the car was wobbly. Didn't inspire confidence. Ride is better since the car is heavier & better suspension setup than petrol Accent's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]its comin to around 7.7 on road thane with alloys and 14 inch tyres and fogs and all that
Dude..Are you buying the alloys & tyres from the dealer? If yes why? 70k is too much price to pay for tires,alloys & foglamps because Viva CRDi costs 7.09lakhs on road Thane. You'll surely get better stuff at Opera House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]also do u guys thinbk i can get a 10/12 cd/mp3 changer along with a deck for 10000 not incl spkrs ( im usin company spkrs)
Company speakers are just trash. Like Rehaan said instead of spending so much on mp3 changer get a mp3 receiver with pioneer speakers for 11k. I'd done it in June. Makes more sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]waitin period is 2 mths - anyone have contacts in hyundai motor plaza mumbai help )
Try Jayabharat Hyundai..I've booked from them in July & yet to receive the delivery However they'd given me 15k cash discount plus I haggled with them for Mats,Autocop,Teflon & Antirust. As I know Hyundai Motor Plaza doesn't give any discounts or freebies. I'd come there when I was booking the car. I'm not saying that Jayabharat will give you the car earlier but atleast you save money.
Old 20th August 2004, 01:44   #4
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Aug. 19 2004,23:05)][4xTyres + 5x14" alloys -4xstocktyres = <26k (or a couple k less)
Rehaan,
Is that it? 26k including tyres & Alloys? How much did your alloys cost? I was under the impression that since you changed both it must've cost atleast 35k!
Old 20th August 2004, 01:55   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Changing the tyres and alloys, when the car is brand new, saves a load of dough. I remember paying only Rs.1200 per Eagle F1 even though it was two sizes bigger. Neat 14" alloys cost me 17 grand, so for 23000...I had it made.

Lamborghini, go for the Accent CRDi. I am a huge fan of that delicious engine. After all, its the engine that makes that particular car.

GTO
Old 20th August 2004, 04:05   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Aug. 20 2004,00:14)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Aug. 19 2004,23:05)][4xTyres + 5x14" alloys -4xstocktyres = <26k (or a couple k less)
Rehaan,
Is that it? 26k including tyres & Alloys? How much did your alloys cost? I was under the impression that since you changed both it must've cost atleast 35k!
Hey,

yup...should be <26k for 5alloys and 4tires after buyback of 4stock tires.

a set of 5 14"ers were 16k Rs.

Depending on what tires you choose and the buyback rate of the stock tires im sure you can squeeze a better overall deal.

cya
R
Old 20th August 2004, 10:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 20 2004,00:25)]Changing the tyres and alloys, when the car is brand new, saves a load of dough. I remember paying only Rs.1200 per Eagle F1 even though it was two sizes bigger. Neat 14" alloys cost me 17 grand, so for 23000...I had it made.
which car???
Old 20th August 2004, 15:44   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

well rehaan
the accent costs 40k more and delivery will teke 2 mths anyways.....
besides the viva is a bit faster , more FE and more suited to city trafic ( compact size ) i opted for the viva...
btw
which tyres do u have , whats the size and where did u get it from...
if i dont get a good price for my ikon i wil remover the cd player and get my self a new deck with speakers with this cd plyer - what do u guys say
rj im gettin my car for 7.13 on road thane and will add fogs and the tgs knob from hyndai
im gettin the alloys and tyres and art leather an all from opera house ...
anyway u should be gettin ure car this month or in sept latest.... will call up jaybharat - hyundai motor plaza are no discounts whatsoever...
still gotta book the car
btw which colour do u think looks sportier - black
forest dew - silver with green tint
thanx
lambo
Old 20th August 2004, 17:59   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Aug. 20 2004,14:14)]which tyres do u have , whats the size and where did u get it from...
I have Michelin MXF Sports.
185/60R14 *(i chose 185s over 195s because its more economical and practical...and believe me performance wise there is no noticeable difference (on an accent). Visually its not meaty, but thats ok.)
They are available at any decent tire shop.
However, do note that they are quite noisy, especially when you are sitting at the rear.
There are several other possible tire options you could explore.

cya
R

Old 20th August 2004, 18:30   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Aug. 20 2004,16:29)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Aug. 20 2004,14:14)]which tyres do u have , whats the size and where did u get it from...
I have Michelin MXF Sports.
185/60R14 *(i chose 185s over 195s because its more economical and practical...and believe me performance wise there is no noticeable difference (on an accent). Visually its not meaty, but thats ok.)
They are available at any decent tire shop.
However, do note that they are quite noisy, especially when you are sitting at the rear.
There are several other possible tire options you could explore.

cya
R
How much did they cost approx ?
Old 20th August 2004, 19:29   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

and what are the other tyre options..
GTO letme guess
u got the new tyres for ure city
Old 20th August 2004, 19:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

jaybharat tight lipped about discounts on viva crdi
their finance rate is 6.5 reducing
and the finance disc is 5%
is it good deal......
the disc turns out to be around 20000 bucks. .......
will go tlk to them tomorrow

cheers
lamborghini
Old 21st August 2004, 02:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey lambo

What Jaybharat seems to be giving u is a good deal. But i think u can get it better. One of my friends just booked his Hyundai Accent GLS from Continental Hyundai at Bandra and is getting the car with some cash discount and a 10CD Kenwood player for around 6,46,000 on-road. Also delivery is pretty reasonable, not too long. Give it a shot.

Revv

P.S. Just confirm whether its called Continental Hyundai in Bandra or Modi... my memory with Hyundais generally sucks....lol
Old 21st August 2004, 03:37   #14
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Revv,
It is Continental in Bandra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]What Jaybharat seems to be giving u is a good deal. But i think u can get it better. One of my friends just booked his Hyundai Accent GLS from Continental Hyundai at Bandra and is getting the car with some cash discount and a 10CD Kenwood player for around 6,46,000 on-road
Thats the deal Revv. There are discounts on petrol Accents but NOTHING on CRDi's.
Lambo..what you got is what probably anybody would give you as the disc is being given by the finance company & not the dealer. Tell you what...call all finance companies...ICICI, Citibank, Kotak & have them running for your money. I've done it & it sure is fun getting them to your terms.
Old 21st August 2004, 03:44   #15
RJK
Senior - BHPian

& lambo about the color, I personally prefer the Viva exclusive Red color. Other than that I think forest dew would be better. Actually I can't seem to make up my mind..its stuck on the Red color
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]besides the viva is a bit faster , more FE and more suited to city trafic ( compact size ) i opted for the viva..
Mileage diff between Viva & Accent is 0.x kmpl. So only if size is your criteria then its ok otherwise for mileage it makes no sense to choose the Viva unless ofcourse you like the looks. IMO viva looks crap.

Most Viewed