Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2024, 16:28   #331
BHPian

Re: Which are the most comfortable cars to drive long distances in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedriver_9000 View Post
, BMW X3, BMW X5, and Mercedes GLS on Indian highways for long journeys.
Having owned the previous X3 (F25) for 9 yrs and currently own a X5 (G05) I have driven both the cars extensively on the highways.

As a driver these cars are fatigue free. I've driven 500+ Kms in both the cars and they're very comfortable.

As passengers the X5 is better compared to the X3 for its size being bigger. Nevertheless you can't escape the body roll problem in the X5 which is much less in the X3 again due to its size.

But for mile munching, both the cars are extremely comfortable in my experience.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 17:46   #332
BHPian

I have driven the Innova and the Fortuner on long road trips and can easily attest to their ability as mile munchers without contributing to much driver fatigue. Even with the family and the luggage, travel has been comfortable. You dont really know how much speed you are picking up though unless you glance at the speedo and sometimes it feels scary.
Old 10th April 2024, 18:10   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
A very unexpected entry of a now discontinued car - Ameo DSG. Purely as a two seater, it is extremely fun to drive as well as comfortable. I have done many long trips like Mum- Goa, Mum-Daman and Mum- Karnataka. Being an automatic diesel along with its compact size, it is very easy to drive around in cities as well as on the highways. With a stiffer suspension it is fun to drive on corners as well. Even after 800 odd KMs of drive in a day, Ameo hasn't tired me a bit.
Currently in Goa and been driving almost all corners of the state makes me appreciate the car even more. The only grouse is the headlights.

The almost non existent rear seats are used as pantry for long and continuos driving.
I can totally agree with this. Ameo TDI DSG in the most underrated car in the sub 20 lakh segment. It’s basically a Jetta for two.
QuentinTino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 20:41   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the 2014 Fiesta and did Chennai - Vizag in about 14 hours with just 2-3 breaks. The car was super comfortable (solo drive). The roads were great 90% and used cruise control generously. Kept it at about 100 kph and a max 120 kmph and felt normal at the end of 830 kms. The well tuned ride and handling package and a good insulation helps well I guess.

PS - it's a small car in the inside and better to keep at 4 people tops. Super comfortable for front passengers.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th April 2024 at 20:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks