Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 00:46   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Thats a first - 2nd cheapest Honda in the list? How about the cheapest Honda in India?
Pardon me? I didn't understand what you meant.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:54   #107
BANNED

Its first time I am reading that Civic is not comfortable. Your preference. NHC is mini-Civic. Didn't you find that uncomfortable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Pardon me? I didn't understand what you meant.
Old 10th August 2007, 02:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a first - 2nd cheapest Honda in the list? How about the cheapest Honda in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
Its first time I am reading that Civic is not comfortable. Your preference. NHC is mini-Civic. Didn't you find that uncomfortable?
Mate I thought we were discussing about each one's personal preference on quality ride.DOnt get offended or take anything personally .

mclaren only voiced his opinion. Nothing wrong.

I drive a baleno , but prefer the lancer's comfort. Get the drift ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 10th August 2007 at 02:13.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2007, 02:49   #109
BHPian

Of the cars that I have driven more than 250km in one go:
1.Daewoo Matiz
2.Tata Safari
3.Toyota Corolla
Old 10th August 2007, 09:04   #110
BANNED

Quote:
diabloo, the lack of lumbar support on the civic makes the journey very uncomfortable. I somehow just couldn't find a sweet spot with the seat adjustments. I have mentioned this in my travelogue earlier when I drove a Civic AT all the way from Bangalore - Coimbatore. Needless to say by the end of the journey I had a severe back ache. NHC is much better, drove it from Mysore to Ooty (car belonged to a TBHPian). Though not comparable to the Skoda, Innova, Lancer, Safari, Baleno territory. OHC driving position is lovely, seats could have been slightly better. But if you can manage to set your seats accordingly it makes for a pleasant drive. Honda in general should work at providing better seats in almost all of their cars.
Old 10th August 2007, 09:11   #111
Senior - BHPian

Most people here would disagree, but i find (in spite of my size) the seating position in the esteem to be really comfortable. i can stretch my legs as far as i want to. And i love the view in the front. I liked the OHC & the Lancer too, they are very similar.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:33   #112
BANNED

Sorry mate. I didn't understand that you were driving. From the title of this thread I somehow understood that its the back seat comfort that people are commenting on. I haven't driven Civic over a long distance but only in city. I agree getting into driver's seat in Civic is not smooth.
Quote:
diabloo, the lack of lumbar support on the civic makes the journey very uncomfortable. I somehow just couldn't find a sweet spot with the seat adjustments. I have mentioned this in my travelogue earlier when I drove a Civic AT all the way from Bangalore - Coimbatore. Needless to say by the end of the journey I had a severe back ache. NHC is much better, drove it from Mysore to Ooty (car belonged to a TBHPian). Though not comparable to the Skoda, Innova, Lancer, Safari, Baleno territory. OHC driving position is lovely, seats could have been slightly better. But if you can manage to set your seats accordingly it makes for a pleasant drive. Honda in general should work at providing better seats in almost all of their cars.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:42   #113
Senior - BHPian

John, believe it or not I found the M800 comfortable for me in comparo to the Alto.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:54   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Most people here would disagree, but i find (in spite of my size) the seating position in the esteem to be really comfortable. i can stretch my legs as far as i want to. And i love the view in the front.
I can relate to what your saying.

My friend owns an Esteem as well as Baleno. Her mum (who is a little under 5 feet) seems to prefer the Baleno. She complains that in the esteem she finds it hard to reach the pedals.

I guess from my experience, the lancer would be most comfortable as Iv driven long distance only in a handful of vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
John, believe it or not I found the M800 comfortable for me in comparo to the Alto.
Yeah I went to Coorg 6 weeks back in an 800. Somewhere along the trip I blurted out that for an 800 it was a bloody comfy ride!! The accompanying vehicle was a zen. I wasnt driving either.

Last edited by s0uljah : 10th August 2007 at 13:56.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:07   #115
Senior - BHPian

The Accord feels safe, comfy and you arrive fresh even after a looong journey..
Old 10th August 2007, 14:58   #116
BANNED

Diabloo, read the title of the thread. It says "to DRIVE in?". My first post also clearly mentions "put up a list of cars you have driven for a minimum distance of 200kms at a stretch". I guess I have been quite clear.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:34   #117
BHPian

Surprised, no mention of Corsa here. Have driven 56K in Corsa and the comfort on Indian Roads is unbeatable.This I found when I drive/ride other cars.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:10   #118
Senior - BHPian

The only car I have driven for a long distance is my Palio 1.2. I have driven from B'lore to Tirupati to Bangalore in one day. That came to approximately 600 km (with my home as the point of reference). I did not have any problems while driving except a little tiredness because of constant high beam lights being dashed by on coming traffic on the old Madras Road. I had absolutely no body aches and was rearing to go a few more hundreds of kilometers. I found my vehicle to be comfortable. No other passenger complained of any pain too.

The only other vehicles I have sat for such a long distance are the Amby, Qualis and Indica. As a passenger, I found Indica to be more comfortable than the Amby, inspite of the huge back seat space in the Amby. Maybe, that Amby was not maintained well, the suspension was too wobbly for my comfort. Qualis' suspension was too soft for my comfort. Coupled with the soft suspension was the high center of gravity. Not a good setup when I was traveling downhill from Yeracaud to Bangalore.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:12   #119
BANNED

I felt it was 'to DRIVE in as passenger', as opposed to 'to DRIVE in as driver'. Now its clear
Quote:
Diabloo, read the title of the thread. It says "to DRIVE in?". My first post also clearly mentions "put up a list of cars you have driven for a minimum distance of 200kms at a stretch". I guess I have been quite clear.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:29   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
the Fiat UNO. Ultimate in comfort. Trust you guys me on this one. its the best,
ive had long drives in octi, qualis, corsa, 800, innova, safari, bolero, amby, mahindras. .. but the uno takes the cake. too bad its not in production.
Absolutely right man

I drove my brother in law's UNO from delhi to jammu In 2005. It was the most pleasent drive so far in life. driving pleasure is unbeatable in an UNO.I drove 600 km strech in approx.11 hours with 2.5 hours breaks(split in 4 stoppages as i was with my family)
Though i like the comfort of my zen with driving seat fully streched back.It just can't see scorpios,accents,santros ahead tries to catch up with those Big D segmentanians.

Most Viewed