Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 14:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Any Maruti Versa lovers on-board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Sorry for jumping in 4 years after you people stopped discussing it. Maybe because of the Eeco launch, or maybe there are not many versas on the road.

Head lites are sore. Initially i switched over to halonix+60 bulbs of 100/90wattage with a relay system, but since they seemed to be taking a toll on the battery, have moved over to osram night breaker 60/55W.
The Eeco offers really good value and is an alternative to the 10L+ vehicles of today. It's great for weekend trips and can carry lots of luggage too!
The van-like image of the Eeco would have been popular back in the 1990s when every Bollywood/Tollywood film kidnapping or don entry involved a Maruti Omni. Later, they used Tata Sumos to shoot those scenes. These days its usually an import.

Head lamps of most vehicles that were designed during the time were poor. The only solution is to fit a bull bar and mount additional lamps on it. The Philips Rally bulbs with a relay are the best value add-on you can get for highway travel without add-ons if you choose to go without a bull bar. If you do get a bull bar, make sure you have sufficient padding on it to minimize injuries to people, cattle, and stray animals that cross roads.

BTW, how are the brakes on the Versa?
Old 29th July 2013, 18:19   #62
BHPian

The Eeco may have all the features of versa but my personal opinion is that it looses a lot of character with the flat roof. Or may be i have got used to the baldy shape of the roof. As for the headlamps i wont be doing any more modifications nitin since i have decided to let go of my prized possession. Its featured in the classified now. The osram night breaker 60/55W does ok duty in dark on highways at speeds upto 100kmph. However dipped beam could definitely be improved.

The brakes of Versa are good upto 120kmph but for fast highway driving- say speeds beyond 120, i felt that more stopping power would have boosted my confidence to try faster trips.

When i switched over to broader MRF ZVTS there was a definite improvement in handling and braking.

The AC is probably the 2nd best thing after the engine and gearbox. Its almost a hurricane blowing even with the single blower and better than ford fiesta and toyota etios.

The tight turning radius of versa is the best part from the performance angle. It seems to me to be smaller than what my 800 could manage.

My thread dwells in detail on the acceleration of this bread bin including challenges from lancers and scorpios/safaris. From 0-100kmph my versa could hold out against much more powerful sedans and SUV's. It was only in the 3 digit speeds that they would be able to ultimately overtake.

My ideal MPV after having owned the versa would be a 1.5 lit diesel with around 80-85 bhp power, vehicle width another 6inches wider, length another 6-8 inches for added luggage space, better headlites like the santro, sliding seats for the co-driver. And better range of colours... price Rs.6-6.5 lacs on road. Is that asking for too much God?

Atul
Old 29th July 2013, 22:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

^^^
I like the concept of a small footprint/ large internal volume city vehicle. As a 5 seater, it would have been great. As a 7/ 8 seater - bad. Esp. given Maruti's (or is it Lear's) seat engineering.

Spares are very expensive, as most were SGP. Wonder how interchangeable Eeco and Versa spares are.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 19th August 2013, 20:36   #64
BHPian

I am new entrant into the Versa Lovers. Last week I purchased a used versa for my family trips. It is a DX variant, 2004 model, silver color, 8 seater (no of seats 8 in RC also), second owner, 39 K odometer. All service records checked with maruti dealer, all ok. New tyres. Good looking. Since I have driven only less than 200 kms in it, will take some time to comment more.

Last edited by KMohanan : 19th August 2013 at 20:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks