Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Fun to drive- Palio 1.6 Stile Sports/ Swift DDiS?
Palio 1.6 Stile Sport 68 58.12%
Swift DDiS 49 41.88%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 19:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

25k per engine?

And, I don't understand why Suzuki should pay royalty to FIAT. Although FIAT developed the 1.3 JTD, the rights are shared by FIAT/GM (Suzuki).
That was the part of the agreement, wherein the engine was actually designed by Fiat. Fiat now has the authority on whom it can allow to use those engines (apart from GM).
Old 8th August 2007, 20:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to ummmm, Swift D, i have both the cars, Swift D and Palio 1.6, though the Palio 1.6 is fast, the Swift is crazily fast and has become more faster after i intsalling the Petes box, i can assure you with the Petes box, the Swift D will leave the Palio dead in a quarter mile drag, the only place where the Palio will beat the Swift is Top Speed.

On a track a Swift will beat the Palio with ease, thanks to better handling & superb torque.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
My vote goes to ummmm, Swift D, i have both the cars, Swift D and Palio 1.6, though the Palio 1.6 is fast, the Swift is crazily fast and has become more faster after i intsalling the Petes box, i can assure you with the Petes box, the Swift D will leave the Palio dead in a quarter mile drag, the only place where the Palio will beat the Swift is Top Speed.

On a track a Swift will beat the Palio with ease, thanks to better handling & superb torque.
Whoaaa... A stock 1.3 JTD swift cannot beat a stock 1.3 Petrol swift, let alone a Palio 1.6! Even the peted swift would have difficult time fending of Palio... it wont leave it for dead for sure, as you claim it will.And from when on a track, torque mattered more than horsepower and power spread across the rev-range? I know you love swift diesel... blind love I must add!
Old 8th August 2007, 21:08   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Whoaaa... A stock 1.3 JTD swift cannot beat a stock 1.3 Petrol swift, let alone a Palio 1.6! Even the peted swift would have difficult time fending of Palio... it wont leave it for dead for sure, as you claim it will.And from when on a track, torque mattered more than horsepower and power spread across the rev-range? I know you love swift diesel... blind love I must add!
He has BOTH the cars, if you missed it.
Old 8th August 2007, 21:18   #50
Team-BHP Support

Check This Out!

Was just checking the figures after BUSA's statement.

Quarter mile- (as tested by overdrive)
Swift diesel- 18.7
Fiat Stile Sport 1.6- 18.4

Thats too close! I wonder what pete's box could do! Any figures Busa?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th August 2007 at 21:22.
Old 8th August 2007, 21:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

I go with Swift DDiS. It is more fun to drive.
Old 8th August 2007, 21:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

A Stock Swift D comes really close to the Swift Petrol in terms of 0 - 100, but honestly speaking how many times do we do 0 - 100? When i used to do 0 - 100 in my Palio 1.6, i felt the need to ummm rob a bank It drinks, drinks & drinks as if there is no tomorrow, lastly i had to reduce the amount of running on the Palio since at Rs. 51 per Liter, its not at all Fun To Drive, with the Swift D its totally crazy fun with the torque and thats not all, i can laugh and have fun while filling fuel. Mind you all the genius in the Swift D is Fiats hardwork and GM's finances.

On a track a Swift will really beat the Palio, since the Swift has so much torque, once you are in the torque curve you can take the best out of the car.

My swift handles better then the Palio 1.6 i have, but then the Palio is on 195/60/14 and the Swift on 195/60/15 but when it comes to ride and build quality the Palio is far ahead of the Swift.

So as far as Fun To Drive in Todays age of rising fuel costs, i can't afford to go for 6kmpl so i will choose the Swift which despite being on stage one(check my signature) retuns an avg of 15+, what else does anyone want.

EDIT - Crazy Driver - Will test and let you know

Last edited by DCEite : 8th August 2007 at 21:34. Reason: corrected typo :)
Old 8th August 2007, 21:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was just checking the figures after BUSA's statement.

Quarter mile- (as tested by overdrive)
Swift diesel- 18.7
Fiat Stile Sport 1.6- 18.4

Thats too close! I wonder what pete's box could do! Any figures Busa?
Thats way way close man, in the real world fast driving, you will be accelerating from a certain speed (say after a corner), I guess the 1.3 JTD will easily out roll in a higher gear whereas the 1.6 might need a downshift and then waiting for the power to come to you. Puts a different perspective though.
Old 8th August 2007, 21:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

What I feel now a days is most of the people go blind calculations, I know Swift and Pailo both are good cars but please don't go too much about comparing and appreciating the products more than what they deserve.

Mentality of people is like they will buy costly product because its cheap to maintain in terms of FE but think 5 years down the line the cost of service bills on Diesel car (read it as more abused Diesel car because of its good FE people use it more and because of its more torque people go fast and creates accidents) will be more than what it is on Petrol.

Guys pelase think beyond and decide the product which will last long!

Acording to me Petrol cars like Palio 1.6 are more fun to drive because they show clear cut true ability to cruise.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th August 2007, 21:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Extreme Torque - Your nick name Extreme Torque makes me wonder you drive a Swift , jokes apart have you driven a Swift D?

Haha Ravi to tell you honestly be it a Palio 1.6, a person whose office is around 100 kms away will do that much distance be it a Palio or Swift so in the end both will have been abused and as far as i have heard diesel engines last more then petrols and modern diesel engines dont require much maintance, i hated diesel cars, till i drove the Verna and Swift D, i request you to do the same , test drive the Swift and you would know why people love diesel so much, me included.

Last edited by BUSA : 8th August 2007 at 21:54.
Old 8th August 2007, 21:56   #56
BANNED

You have'nt driven one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Whoaaa... A stock 1.3 JTD swift cannot beat a stock 1.3 Petrol swift, let alone a Palio 1.6! Even the peted swift would have difficult time fending of Palio...
You haven't driven a stock DDis for sure. Leave alone a Pete'd one.
And you're talking about torque??? And isn't the 240NM of torque in a Pete'd Swift sounds like too little?
Old 8th August 2007, 22:10   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Acording to me Petrol cars like Palio 1.6 are more fun to drive because they show clear cut true ability to cruise.
Thought cruising ability has more to do with torque.
More torque= Lesser gear changes+ pull from lower rpms.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

This thread is about FUN to drive right?

Lets discuss the aspects that makes a car fun to drive only.

This is not about Fun to own.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:25   #59
BHPian

Fun to Drive... Palio anyday.

But is that what a common buyer looks for in a car that he buys as a means of transportation. No wonder the sales figures tell a different story (than this poll).

For this thread i would vote for Palio, but in India Swift DDSi (baring the high price and waiting period) is a more practical car.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:26   #60
BANNED

Yes, According to many, the Swift DDis is a very fun to drive car. The main reason for it is the torque in it.

So the Discussion is not totally Off Topic!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed