Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Fun to drive- Palio 1.6 Stile Sports/ Swift DDiS?
Palio 1.6 Stile Sport 68 58.12%
Swift DDiS 49 41.88%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 22:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Yes, According to many, the Swift DDis is a very fun to drive car.
Not yet! As per the poll on this thread, 37 Bhpians feel Palio 1.6 is fun to drive compared to 31 for Swift D!
Old 8th August 2007, 22:35   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Yes, According to many, the Swift DDis is a very fun to drive car. The main reason for it is the torque in it.
I have to completely agree with this. Being one of the first on TBHP to drive the Swift D I remember mentioning the fact that it was a fun to drive car (though I had people laugh at me). 4 months down the line it still is, only thing that has changed is more people have agreed to my so called madness. Wait till that TC kicks in and you will know what fun some keep talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Not yet! As per the poll on this thread, 37 Bhpians feel Palio 1.6 is fun to drive compared to 31 for Swift D!
I would like to know how many of those have driven both cars before voting or is it a simple case of :

Quote:
I have not driven Swift D, so can't comment on it.
For the moment, my vote goes to Palio 1.6!
Or vice versa?

Infact, if we are comparing one of the hottest selling hatches in the world with a petrol engine putting out 100bhp to a diesel car putting out 75bhp and if the poll is this close it just goes to show who is the actual winner .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th August 2007 at 22:44.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:51   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, According to many, the Swift DDis is a very fun to drive car. The main reason for it is the torque in it.
And the figures below prove it to an extend. They both match off very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Quarter mile- (as tested by overdrive)
Swift diesel- 18.7
Fiat Stile Sport 1.6- 18.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
There are few guys who voted for Palio Stile 1.6 saying they haven't driven swift DDiS yet. I'd say both the cars are pretty evenly matched, as of now.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:57   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
so the question was ... do you love Fiat engine in a Fiat car or a Fiat engine in a Suzuki car?

I have a question what would you choose it it was Swift 1.6 and Palio DDIs?

OT, did you guys TD it last day?
eh what you coming at ( jeez )
well swift 1.6 now

@crazydriver - after a test drive a thread based on two cars, you diesel head
Old 8th August 2007, 22:58   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So guys- fun to drive hatch- Palio 1.6/ Swift DDiS?
You must be joking right
I can't imagine Swift Diesel competing with Palio 1.6!!
Need to drive the DDIS sometime I guess
Old 8th August 2007, 23:05   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
@crazydriver - after a test drive a thread based on two cars, you diesel head
Where's the thread and the pics? This is entirely different from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
You must be joking right
Yup! A drive will change that. Even though Palio may still be the king, you wont think its a joke anymore.
Old 8th August 2007, 23:15   #67
BANNED

Does it make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yes, 31 is less than that 6! right?
And regarding that mere 6 who have voted for the petrol one here, please read further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
You must be joking right
Yes, You can't imagine. Go out and test drive one. You'll stop imagining!

This is exactly where the problem lies. Most of the voters are imaginers. And god knows from which part of the planet they come here and flood their posts with praises of one car without even having a go on the other. Many Swift DDis worshippers hasn't even voted here including me. Why? simply because it is a known fact that everybody here knows whom my vote id for.
And everybody also knows which one is burning the sales charts with months of waiting list.

I cannot wait to get the Pete's box into mine. I know many will now drop in and say that "we are not talking about modded cars here" but just to get an idea of how much this car and it's engine is capable of.

Also why should all the F fans be offended?
I think it is about a Fiat engine we are pouring praises upon! :
Old 8th August 2007, 23:21   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
This is exactly where the problem lies. Most of the voters are imaginers. And god knows from which part of the planet they come here and flood their posts with praises of one car without even having a go on the other.
Well said, and this is a trend seen on many other threads as well.

Quote:
And everybody also knows which one is burning the sales charts with months of waiting list.
This one statement will create another debate now . On M's incapability to meet demand or trying to fool customers by creating an unnecessary hype by increasing waiting periods. You get the drift.

Quote:
I cannot wait to get the Pete's box into mine.
Will you let me drive it? You can drive my baleno.

Quote:
Also why should all the F fans be offended?
Isn't it obvious? Because there is a hint (or should I say a WHOLE LOT) of "M" in it .
Old 8th August 2007, 23:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

No offense but i have noticed, Palio 1.2 owners to have huge loyalty towards the 1.6
Old 8th August 2007, 23:55   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
No offense but i have noticed, Palio 1.2 owners to have huge loyalty towards the 1.6
Busa, you have just ignited a flame which will turn into a raging forest fire now.
Old 9th August 2007, 00:11   #71
Senior - BHPian

Engine is fine, but how many people have been surprised with the tail swinging nature of swift under braking? (especially on a bit of an uneven surface)
Old 9th August 2007, 00:17   #72
Team-BHP Support

revenge of the americans !! yes they are behind this post !!

oh crap, am tired of this fiat thingie!!

admit it, palio/style.. the car is a well weighed italian design (read as european) and thats it!! engine is very average even for 1.6 liter cc (Torque and Bhp), i always felt 1.6 ford rocam engine (read as, extinct tech as well as lesser figure on paper) to have more FUN factor, from a driving perspective, compared to fiat!!

And now comparing the above with a japanese car (oops was it designed with europeans, includes italy, in mind) which has fiat designed diesel engine!! and ganging up and presenting arguments from virtual reality, i call it heights of insecurity!!

ps: apologize if i offended anyone, i was offending the psyche and not the people

We all love our cars, but lets state real facts, without getting carried away, as i did now
Old 9th August 2007, 00:19   #73
BHPian

as much as i love the 1.6 rocket-of-a-hatch, the practical and sound decision would be the swift ddis. its just a matter of head ruling over the heart.
the swift infact has everything going in its favour, well, apart from the price which maruti has stamped upon it while doping itself.
but still press the gas and milliseconds after u pass the 2k rpm mark, it is a F-16-on wheels. and the build quality is miles ahead of what Fiat is giving. interior space is an issue but naaahhh....its definitely the DDis.

OT: but come 2008, i hope with my fingers crossed, that it should change. Fiat has a great product in their lap and if they mess this one up, I must say, that they deserve to be in the ditch. if you have a car like the Grande Punto and you fail to sell it, then, i guess you cant even sell water in a desert.
Old 9th August 2007, 00:23   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Engine is fine, but how many people have been surprised with the tail swinging nature of swift under braking? (especially on a bit of an uneven surface)
Braking is one of the weakest points found in Palio 1.6 too.

Spongy brakes+ No option of ABS+ goodyear tyres that seem to lose grip too soon. Not at all a good combination.

Tyres can be changed. But for a 100bhp car, ABS SHOULD be an option. FIAT/TATA, are you listening?
Old 9th August 2007, 00:34   #75
BANNED

Sorry. But I haven't noticed that much. Does it happen in somebody else's Swift?
My family has some nice private roads adjoining their houses (closed for public traffic) and I have tried whatever I could and it was very hard to get the rear out of line. Yes, it did couple a times. But not easily it was.

Yes. I've seen many 1.2 owners boasting a lot about the 1.6 ones. The rest always has problems with their 1.2s!

Women (especially the italian ones) are also similar. They're very cute and swelte looking until they get married and gives birth. Then oh no! It's a horrible tale. The worst part is even after doing a lot of damages to your pocket after the divorce suit, They'll manage to convince the next owner that every problem was caused by the first husband.

Ok. I've been lost OffTopic.
Some facts do taste bitter. But a smart person will always accept the fact rather than go behind the wrong ship and shouting about it. How much ever a person manages to shout the truth is going to be out one day. Soon that sinking feeling is going to make you shout differently.

Truth is;
Swift DDis with It's famed 1.3 multijet Fiat engine is a fun to drive car. For those who have not driven it yet, sorry! Your votes don't do justice to this thread.

Or has the truth come out already? I think the sales charts are a good indication and so is this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks