Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Fun to drive- Palio 1.6 Stile Sports/ Swift DDiS?
Palio 1.6 Stile Sport 68 58.12%
Swift DDiS 49 41.88%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 11:34   #91
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. Strange are the ways in which the 'F' word can make a thread run into pages in a matter of hours.
Old 9th August 2007, 11:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

I am not voting in this poll mainly because I have never driven either of them. If I imagine, it will not do justice to the thread.
Old 9th August 2007, 11:49   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Man, wouldn't you love or look upto your elder brother ?

well Mcl Summed it all up... fun factor for every one has got be different.
my personal reasons is how much of conference i get in palio, high
speeds highway bends & corners.

but yea turbo fitted cars are sure fun & adductive if ya can hone the turbo band...& the felling when turbo kicks in it's sure fun fun fun
Old 9th August 2007, 11:56   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hmm. Strange are the ways in which the 'F' word can make a thread run into pages in a matter of hours.
Supreme if only the other Four Letter word, not Fiat, could create this magic, no i am not talking about what you naughty people are thinking i am talking about Ford
Old 9th August 2007, 12:16   #95
BHPian

I feel comparing Petrol and diesel would be a bit strange.

If the poll would have been Palio 1.6 vs Swift Petrol then we could have seen a war were UNO would have to carry out a peace process with help of moderator...

Anyways never driven Swift DDIS. own Palio 1.6 so has voted for her.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:17   #96
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
A 75 bhp 19 kgm diesel and a 100 bhp 14 kgm petrol and you tell me that diesel is more fun..
YES! Just as much as an Elantra Crdi a diesel at 112bhp (stock) and a mountain of torque is over a 94bhp petrol Baleno. Its not always about figures. Its about what you feel, which is something no one can understand but yourself.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:19   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
If the poll would have been Palio 1.6 vs Swift Petrol then
Even then some would call it unfair camparo. As the palio is a 1.6 while the swift is a 1.3.

Quote:
Unfortunately this trend renders the poll meaningless. Such a poll expects people to drive both cars and then vote. Those who haven't are only expected not to vote. Simple enough?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th August 2007 at 12:22.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:22   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
I am not voting in this poll mainly because I have never driven either of them. If I imagine, it will not do justice to the thread.
Appreciate your stance, which seems correct IMO. And having said that, I am also to blame for having voted for Swift-D (which I have driven) without ever having driven the Palio1.6. My mistake.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:23   #99
BHPian

good one BUSA .. we need someone to lighten this thread....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Supreme if only the other Four Letter word, not Fiat, could create this magic, no i am not talking about what you naughty people are thinking i am talking about Ford
Old 9th August 2007, 12:42   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Let this poll belong to only those who have driven both the cars.Only those guys can do justise to both the cars. I am not voting as not driven Swift DDIS at all.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:12   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
YES! Just as much as an Elantra Crdi a diesel at 112bhp (stock) and a mountain of torque is over a 94bhp petrol Baleno. Its not always about figures. Its about what you feel, which is something no one can understand but yourself.
Not only elantra is this case has more power but also more torque.. in the scenario we are talking about here.. the difference in power is almost 25% in favour of petrol and its not negligible! So if we talk about performance on track, the lighter more powerful hatch the 1.6 will always have the advantage and me being a petrol head would love the 1.6 if fun to driver factor was the only factor to be considered. However if asked to run the car with my own money, I would always go the 1.3 JTD way but since the thread says most fun to drive car I will stick to 1.6. Let me make it clear... I am not compairing the two cars, I am merely selecting the one which I think is the most fun to drive among both..... no wonder some of us would have problem for it being a FIAT

Last edited by extreme_torque : 9th August 2007 at 13:24.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:15   #102
BHPian

well I have already voted for the palio 1.6 and i have driven a petrol swift (not the 1.3 Diesel) and to be very frank I dislike swift so much that whatever engine you put in it, I wont be happy in it ..so dont even talk about fun to drive. Its just personal opinion about like and dislike and I am not saying that swift is a bad vehicle (hell its one of the best ones on the road) or it cant be fun to drive . But, it simply isnt my cup of tea so whether i have driven a DDiS or not it wont change my choice....
now wait a minute I know what you guys are thinking ....."shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh another Fiat Fanatic" . sometimes perception plays a big role in your decisions (though the perception can be wrong) so let the guys make a choice on the basis of their perception... Dont put a bar or their thoughts maan..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Let this poll belong to only those who have driven both the cars.Only those guys can do justise to both the cars. I am not voting as not driven Swift DDIS at all.

Last edited by rishibravo : 9th August 2007 at 13:17.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:23   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
You dont have to drive both of them to come to a conclusion. For a petrol head, a more powerful petrol engine will be more fun never mind the torque of a diesel or for some torque of a diesel will count more than outright revvability of a petrol. So let the poll go on.... dont uneccesarily confuse things.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:43   #104
BHPian

For me its the Palio which does the trick, great pickup, awsome build, and stability at high speeds, I dont think any hatch in India takes curves like Palio does,

Driven swift, its too nervous beyond 130kmph. thanks to the build quality of maruti.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:55   #105
Senior - BHPian

FYI, The Audi TDi wont Le Mans, goes to show how fast diesel cars are progressing, so when it comes to FTD you cannot rule out a diesel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed