Team-BHP - New D segmenter coming up from suzuki [possibly India bound] - Concept pics on Pg. 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New D segmenter coming up from suzuki [possibly India bound] - Concept pics on Pg. 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/27310-new-d-segmenter-coming-up-suzuki-possibly-india-bound-concept-pics-pg-3-a.html)

There's been quite a transformation at suzuki cars,they have become a very aggressive manufacture now with very ambitious targets.From small now they want to target the money making segment first they started with the swift,sx4,new grand vitara and now they plan to launch a d-segmenter worldwide to take on the accords and the camry's

This new car will be called the Suzuki Kizashi and will debut at at next month's Frankfurt Motor Show.Suzuki plan to launch this as a hatch,stagonwagon as well as a sedan.

Mr. Jagadish Khattar did talk about a vehicle in this segment during an interview for India as well[but still early days to comment on that].

Meanwhile paultan.org predicts it would be based on the Nissan Teana/Cefiro

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 525654)
This new car will be called the Suzuki Kizashi and will debut at at next month's Frankfurt Motor Show.Suzuki plan to launch this as a hatch,stagonwagon as well as a sedan.

A Suzuki what?
:confused:

Hmm. So now they are eyeing the gravy in the D-segment.
Lets see how the market treats them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 525827)
A Suzuki what?
:confused:

stupid: I liked it...Suzuki should try to stick to some Indian names or names which are not tongue twisters. till SX4 is fine... what is happening guys...Laura, SX...guess the roads are hotting up!!

Hmmm... I saw the image and was about to jump up saying are they planning to lift the Teana's design? And then I saw it is based on Teana. What based? It looks almost like a replica of Teana IMO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 525943)
Hmmm... I saw the image and was about to jump up saying are they planning to lift the Teana's design? And then I saw it is based on Teana. What based? It looks almost like a replica of Teana IMO!

Thats the Teana itself. Grill reads 'Nissan' and the number plate reads 'Cefiro' which is Teana for us!

The car would be based on Teana. May be based on the platform.

Yes. I like it too.
Why can't Suzuki try It's hands on bigger cars? Just that they shouldn't lose focus on their small cars.

A good car which can compete with Teana etc... would be good. The main attraction should be the maximum features on the minimum price tag factor.

I think this is a good move. People would like to own a D segment car with a good A.S.S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 525933)
what is happening guys...Laura, SX...guess the roads are hotting up!!

lol:

Launching a new car is perhaps the easier thing Maruti can do. The more difficult task is creating image(not brand) awareness at these segments. Chevy had to soldier on for some time before the Optra started being taken in similar breath as the Corolla and Civic. Herculean task indeed for Maruti to sell at these segments.

In US they have Daewoo's rebadged as Suzuki's. Suzuki Verona, Reno and Forenza. The previous two sells as Optra and SRV in India. I guess the Forenza is already in the Accord segment. However, I dont think they will be able to offer Daewoo rebadged products anymore as theirs.

However this Nissan deal could be in-line with their recent agreement of transferring a small car to Nissan and receiving an SUV and a Sedan in return.

In Europe, 1200 cc WagonR sells with GM engine and gearbox. In fact, Vauxhall Agila and Suzuki WagonR are same cars with different badges.

In same way, looks like new Suzuki whatever will be basically a Nissan Teana. But again, Nissan is now Renault.

Cars are now going towards assembled computer way. Get CPUs from Intel/AMD, motherboards from China/Taiwan, DVD drives from Korea, Harddrives from Seagate/Fujitsu and then assemble in local shop. :)

In one way it's good. You'll pay just once to get 2-3 different brands :D

Now thats gonna be something to look out for. SUzuki has improved its build quality & styling over the years,and they sure can come up with an impressive contender in the D-segment.

The platform might be like the Nissan Altima,but I'm sure they'll come up with something that's as classy & peppy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak (Post 526012)
In one way it's good. You'll pay just once to get 2-3 different brands :D

That is indeed, very well said!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 525974)
Launching a new car is perhaps the easier thing Maruti can do. The more difficult task is creating image(not brand) awareness at these segments. Chevy had to soldier on for some time before the Optra started being taken in similar breath as the Corolla and Civic. Herculean task indeed for Maruti to sell at these segments.

True. Buttt. Look at the SX4 pricing ! What if they offer a loaded D segmenter at Civic prices ?? They might not get into a competition with the Accord at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 525994)
I guess the Forenza is already in the Accord segment.

Isn't the Forenza is already being considered by GM - to be rebadged and launched here as the Chevy Epica ?

Quote:

Never seen a stagonwagon :p