Team-BHP - "ZEN" to be relaunched:Fact or Rumour??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   "ZEN" to be relaunched:Fact or Rumour?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/27329-zen-relaunched-fact-rumour.html)

Someone at the service station mentioned today that the zen was going to be relaunched. Could someone confirm how true it is?

Could very well be. As the Original Zen was a Suzuki Cervo mode, and the current Cervo was being shown as possible 800 replacement. Going by its looks, it did not appear to be the replacement for the 800, fits in the Zen category better. But then the service station guy might have spoken about the Estilo.

As of now, it seems like it is somebody's unanswered prayer!
:Frustrati

please: maruti,answer my prayers .relaunch the type 2 zen with an esteem engine and better interiors.please:

Hope he was'nt talking about the ESTILO !!. If in case cervo is getting launched any idea when would that be ??

i had read somewhere maruti planned on introduceing a replacement for the current wagon r and not zen

Around a week back a service advisor in MASS told me that Maruti is planning launch a new Zen with 1.3L (modified Swift engine) engine which would be for customers who are looking for a performance hatch and which would be a competitor for Palio stile 1.6.

Don't know how true this information is but this guy had told me around 2.5 years back that Maruti is planning to launch a new Zen and Baleno which is quite true as of now.

Vijay

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijay_k (Post 526365)
Don't know how true this information is but this guy had told me around 2.5 years back that Maruti is planning to launch a new Zen and Baleno which is quite true as of now.

would that mean it wil take another 2.5 years for this car to be launched.. lol:

Guys, what about the splash?

Ideally it should be the WagonR replacement, but since WagonR is doing 11k units per month, it could be the new Zen.

When the swift was launched, it was called the spiritual successor to the Zen. Splash being based on the Swift platform should also be fun to drive.

(I hope they won't relaunch the estilo with 'k' series engine as an all new zen :D )

Quote:

Around a week back a service advisor in MASS told me that Maruti is planning launch a new Zen with 1.3L (modified Swift engine) engine which would be for customers who are looking for a performance hatch and which would be a competitor for Palio stile 1.6.

Vijay, the palio stile 1.6 is not selling like hot cakes for it to need a competitor. If at all maruti do release the new zen with an esteem engine, the first car to take a hit will be the swift.

Totally agree with EL here ... If they put a bigger engine in the zen then its going to effect the swift sales and I dont think MUL would wanna do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishibravo (Post 526441)
Totally agree with EL here ... If they put a bigger engine in the zen then its going to effect the swift sales and I dont think MUL would wanna do that.

As per Jagdish Khattarji, Maruti doesnt care which car is selling as long as it has the Maruti brand on it.

This was his answer to WagonR sales canabalisation by Estilo. The Alto Vx/Vxi was sold parallel to Zen and WagonR. But they cut the Alto and Zen........

Quote:

Vijay

if the news is 2.5 years old then the person must have been talking of the zen estilo as the replacement for the zen. the replacement of the baleno and the wagon r are due. had seen some spy pictures of the new baleno in a car magazine i think it was autocar, it looks like the hyundai verna. now that the sx4 has been launched this might be the replacement for the baleno. maybe dont know. the splash should be replacement for the wagon r had seen it somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 526475)
As per Jagdish Khattarji, Maruti doesnt care which car is selling as long as it has the Maruti brand on it.

This was his answer to WagonR sales canabalisation by Estilo. The Alto Vx/Vxi was sold parallel to Zen and WagonR. But they cut the Alto and Zen........

i agree with you completely the only slogan maruti knows is if it sells bring it to the people. even at the cost of another model of theirs suffering

Zen relaunch = Wishful thinking.