Team-BHP - Mix n Match
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mix n Match (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2737-mix-n-match.html)

So you have a car... great.

You like your car... awesome.

But are you satisfied?? ummm.... maybe not.

The other day i got an advice from Shan2nu over my decision to sell my Matiz. He advised me to plonk a 1.3 litre esteem engine in it and tune it up rather than sell it.

It sounded real nice as an idea. Of course that wasn't a consideration.

So the other day i sat and thought, if i were to plonk an engine in the Matiz, which one would it be. I looked at all the options. The 1.3 is a great engine, except that i doubt it would fit the engine bay. So i had to look at a small car engine. And i could see only 2 that could fit into that bay.

First up was the Santro Xing engine. The 1.1 litre producing around 63 bhp. Ideal for the engine bay. Except that i don't like that engine. 2 intake and one exhaust valve per engine, it just doesn't sound balanced to me. Like 384Mb ram (256+128).
The next option sounded too good to believe. The 1.1 from the Alto. The engine is a 4 valver per cylinder with a good torque band and would fit in just about well enough. So a 62 bhp engine would mean 10 bhp up and that was decent enough.

So i thought, hey, maybe a higher spec cam from the esteem would do it good too. Then a K&N would be spot on. Then re-porting and shaving the cam heads, a lovely exhaust header, sparco racing seats and a momo steering wheel. Hehehe, i was getting into delusion mode.

Of course thats not what i intend to do with this post. I wanna know what you can do with your car. Nick an engine from an other car in the Indian market or a suspension kit. Then how will you tune it up.

It could be anything. A baleno 1.6er in an Indigo or Honda City brakes on a Zen. Get your grey cells working and lets see if your imagination really gets fired up.

Revv

Very Simple. I want the Contessa 1.8 L engine for my Jeep. The only hurdle is the reliability (an after-market job) and the potential loss of 4x4 (A Jeep without 4x4 is a situation similar to what an impotent man faces)

GTO

Fiat (Padmini), Isuzu 1800 engine gearbox, Fat tyres and some bad ### cosmetics in DULL BLACK shade

GYPSY with ISUZU engine, lil lower suspension

118 NE again with ISUZU

Matiz with 1.1 Alto, fat tyres

i just want a 1.6 GTX!!! currently have a 1.2 ELX...love everything about the car...need to get that bigger engined one:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ Sep. 01 2004,12:14)]Fiat (Padmini), Isuzu 1800 engine gearbox, Fat tyres and some bad ### cosmetics in DULL BLACK shade

Possible. Somebody had done that in Chennai long back. Front has to be extended though to house that engine.

i would say, a gypsy with nice big alloys(if price is an issue then go for a 265/70 r 15 setup). the 1.3 engine
maybe with a higer spec cam. a nice turbo, minimal bodywork. option of high lift. suspension maybe to be changed to shocks all around from the present leaf springs. custom interiors to complete the look to give me a proper lifestyle vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] I wanna know what you can do with your car.

exchange it for a lambo any day !!