Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2005, 13:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Maruti is known to be the best. Dunno y u had that problem.same with accent.
Actually I had the same problem with Maruti. If the guy had been half as prompt as the Fiat guys, I may not have even considered the Petra. So in a way it was good. Regarding the Hyundai sales personnel, even I am a bit surprised. I thought they were a bit more aggressive than that.
Old 21st September 2005, 20:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I found the Anuroop guys better then the Hyundai Motor Plaza people in A.S.S.
They were more prompt and actually followed up with me whether i wanted a TD or anything.
Sadly we chose the lancer and the experience was horrible even before buying the car.
Old 21st September 2005, 21:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Even we had a horrible experience at Cama motors while buying our car. Cama already has the Mercedes Benz dealership in Abad. They had broken up with mitsubishi at that time and were just clearing the stock. NObody knew that until they announced their new dealership for skoda. I complained to the HIgher authorities at Cama and they paid heed and the rest of the process was pretty smooth.

Btw the new Dealership AUtonova mitsubishi is known to be doing good with sales. I had gone for the usual service and they were very prompt. Infact they also give the option to completely modify the car for the showroom itself . All the modifications will be done by the dealership and they take the new parts back too. even the warranty remains. NOw that is kool
Old 21st September 2005, 23:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93
Why should people not take a corporate discount if its offered to them????!! Thats silly, no offence meant!!

Corporate discount is typically given to employees of large corporations. The idea behind giving a corporate discount is that word travels fast in such companies and employees gladly lap up more and more cars ...
That's right. When I was looking for the Ford Ikon, the Ford dealer offered me a Rs.10000 corporate discount in addition to free insurance(Rs.18000) i.e. if my Company falls under their Corporate list I'm eligible for it. I've bought a used one though...but there are 4 new Ikons in my Office within 6 months (All FLAIR except for one 1.6)..So Fords strategy (Word of mouth Publicity) might just be working I think!
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:00   #20
BHPian

Accent test drive blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
i probly agree with malludude on going for GLE against GLS, the extra 70 grand for 8 bhp, plus other non-essentialities don't care much...
i've got something to say here, sorta off-topic, but nonetheless here it is..
had been planning to get a car in the 5.5 to 6 L range, and had melted down to Accent GLE, Baleno LXi and the Fiat Petra ELX..
odds are pretty much in favour of the petra, why bcoz,
the last time i had been to the maruti shwrm for a test drive, they said they are closed for drives, they don't go for one after 7:00,
asked for a test drive with the hyundai guys, and had a reply that we'll have it during the day coz traffic would be heavy after 5:00 (they say i would have trouble driving the car in traffic, comeon guys i've been driving for almost ten yrs now trouble in traffic that's something new for me)..
but had been to the fiat last evening around 7:00 with a friend who just dropped down from kandla (and wanted to show him the model that i had decided on), the guys at the showroom asked me if i wanted a TD, well why would i say no!!!
TVS guys!!! at 7:00 asking for a TD... if ASS is something on this levels, i'd say they are pretty much better than the maruti and the hyundai guys...
i apologize for being way off topic but just could not keep this out
mods please Xcuse

u cud catch the discussion at "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7325"

ak
That reminds me of the headache that I faced in getting an Accent GLE for test drive. I contacted the Hyundai showrooms in Cochin(MGF and Popular), Trivadrum(Hilton) and Kottayam(MGF and Popular), and guess what. No GLE's available. They claim that the company releases vahicles only after the whole hard cash for the car reaches them, specially in the case with GLE[wonder what's the logic behind that ] Somehow the Trivadrum dude sensed my desperation for a test drive and got me his boss's daughter's Accent GLX, saying that it's similar to GLE, since it was a 1.5 liter box, and enough to give me a feel of the vehicle. Anyway, that's what I did. Of course, later I did get to drive two of my pals' GVS's too... However what puzzles me is that why these blokes don't keep a ready stock of cars at their shop so that prospective customers can have a look-see?? Is this the case specific to Kerala or the same everywhere? If you go to a Ford dealership, the first thing they do is to hand over the keys of a Flair, and suggest that you take her out for a spin!!! Of course I did buy a GLE from Cochin, did I tell you guys? A red one.
Old 24th September 2005, 21:55   #21
JLN
BHPian

Accent GLE mileage

I am planning to buy an Accent GLE. what is the mileage I can expect? I have seen some posts saying that the milage is really poor - 6-7 in city traffic with AC. People seem to be recommending Ford Ikon Flair.any thoughts.
Old 24th September 2005, 22:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN
I have seen some posts saying that the milage is really poor - 6-7 in city traffic with AC. People seem to be recommending Ford Ikon Flair.any thoughts.
You can safely expect mileage of 10+ in the city and slightly more on the highways. All with a/c on. If someone's getting 6-7 on an Accent they either have serious problems with their cars or with their mathematics...
Old 27th September 2005, 08:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

I would say that all the cars in one segment cant have a difference of more than a max of 3kms. Otherwise something is wrong with the car or the driver.

or something is really extraordianry. The car's condition or the driver's skills.
Old 28th September 2005, 21:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN
I am planning to buy an Accent GLE. what is the mileage I can expect? I have seen some posts saying that the milage is really poor - 6-7 in city traffic with AC. People seem to be recommending Ford Ikon Flair.any thoughts.
Even I was spoilt for choice between Flair and GLE.. Here's what I found out (1) Space-Definitely Accent's got more space especially for 6-footers. (2) Test drive-I found GLE very agile and driveable when compared to Ford(Flair, that is... 1.6Nxt is another matter, of course!!) Now I have this habit of driving with one hand on the gearshift, and what bugged me while driving the Flair, was the extreme vibration that could be felt through the stick. Definitely no such issues with GLE. The GLE engine also felt far responive, but maybe that's because of the extra 24 BHP. (3)Mileage- Asked a few Flair owners in their choice. Said that if you drive Flair decently enough, without going on Raikonen-mode, you can expect an overall 12.5 km/l. But floor it, and you get single digit figures. For Accent the owners reported the 12-13 even under rash driving conditions. (So if you'd drive it like it was an M800 maybe you'll get more... hehehe). In cities the max they got was 10.5. (4) Warranty- Ford offers one year warranty on Flair compared to 2 for GLE. (5) Resale value- In Kerala, Accents generally get a better price, since there's a general opinion that Fords are too costly to maintain, especially used ones.

After using it for around 800Kms, the mileage that I get for normal city/highway cycle is 12.5, only highway 14 and purely city, 10. And I think you can safely take these figures as the standard, never mind if the showroom dude assures you of 16 Km/l :-)

And no, haven't yet heard anybody reporting a 6-7 mileage from Accent. Sounds like an isolated case.
Old 29th September 2005, 04:32   #25
BHPian

Have a look at the link below ...

Hyundai Raises price of Accent and Getz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks