Team-BHP - Cheaper Accent
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cheaper Accent (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2738-cheaper-accent.html)

Hyundai Motor India has decided to take on competition in the C (A3) segment by introducing a cheaper variant of the Accent GLE at just over Rs 5 lakh. Confirming this, *
Hyundai Motor India president BVR Subbu said: ?The Accent GLE model will be available at around Rs 5.08 lakh for corporate individuals. We have allowed the dealers to sell the model at this price as we were getting many requests for the car?.

NOTE from the Admin : As per Team-BHP regulations, no users are allowed to post complete articles on this board. If you wish, you may provide a link to the complete article.

Source :
FINANCIAL EXPRESS

Absolutely expected from Hyundai, after the Esteem/Ikon/Petra have been introduced at such mouthwatering prices. But what I didnt expect is for them to react a little too late to this. Hyundai has mostly been a first mover in the Indian car scenario.

GTO

Now, things are getting interesting......... Ikon, Petra, Esteem and now Accent.

if they do launch the car , will it have power steering or atleast air con...
i feel its a must on mid size cars and even in the ikon they should offer it as an option

well it has aircon,power steering,power windows and complete beige interiors.interiors look even better now.the rest of the gizmos,well can live widout them...right.

"Hyundai Motor India president BVR Subbu said: ?The Accent GLE model will be available at around Rs 5.08 lakh for corporate individuals."

Sounds more like a corporate discount for the GLE than a new model. The GLE currently sells for about 5.35 in Kerala, and it comes with all the GLS options except the 1.6 engine, height adjustable steering wheel, rear window demister, fog lamps and some such other gizmos.

I remember well because it was this model that drove the 2nd hand price of my GLS down, since the GLE is similar to the old GLS except for the gizmos mentioned above. The engine was similar, too.

whatever the discounts offered, the hyundai accent models like the esteem/zen/baleno/800 are all stale models with no appeal in looks

and also auto companies giving corporate discounts is absurd, since corporates are already rich, i think the discount should also be similar to all customers, and i wish ppl discontinue buying cars that offer special corporate discount

Quote:

Originally Posted by raja_ys
and also auto companies giving corporate discounts is absurd, since corporates are already rich, i think the discount should also be similar to all customers, and i wish ppl discontinue buying cars that offer special corporate discount

Why should people not take a corporate discount if its offered to them????!! Thats silly, no offence meant!!

Corporate discount is typically given to employees of large corporations. The idea behind giving a corporate discount is that word travels fast in such companies and employees gladly lap up more and more cars ...

It all depends on the definition of what is a 'corporate'...if its left to the dealer's discretion we can all be corporates.

Off topic...but

Isn't Team-BHP a corporate? We can push for that and enjoy all the discounts. After all we are all car buyers. A typical corporate will not have all members buying cars....

What say guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
"Hyundai Motor India president BVR Subbu said: ?The Accent GLE model will be available at around Rs 5.08 lakh for corporate individuals."

Sounds more like a corporate discount for the GLE than a new model. The GLE currently sells for about 5.35 in Kerala, and it comes with all the GLS options except the 1.6 engine, height adjustable steering wheel, rear window demister, fog lamps and some such other gizmos.

I remember well because it was this model that drove the 2nd hand price of my GLS down, since the GLE is similar to the old GLS except for the gizmos mentioned above. The engine was similar, too.

Dunno If i could agree with Steeroid.

The demister, tilt-steering are there in GLE also.

The difference between GLE and GLS are 1. Engine, 2. Height Adjustable seat[useful] 3. Fog lamps 4. Body colored mirrors and strips. 5. Speakers 6. Power antenna (Manual in GLE)

And the x-shop price of GLE is 5.21 at Cochin. Just got one last month. And what I've heard is that the company is now concentrating solely on the GLE and the CRDi models, because they're selling well. Sales of GLS are practically non-existent. I wouldn't shell out 70 K more for just 8 HP power!! It's hardly noticeable, anyway!!!! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalluDude
Dunno If i could agree with Steeroid.

The demister, tilt-steering are there in GLE also.

The difference between GLE and GLS are 1. Engine, 2. Height Adjustable seat[useful] 3. Fog lamps 4. Body colored mirrors and strips. 5. Speakers 6. Power antenna (Manual in GLE)

I stand corrected, and congrats on your new car...

i probly agree with malludude on going for GLE against GLS, the extra 70 grand for 8 bhp, plus other non-essentialities don't care much...
i've got something to say here, sorta off-topic, but nonetheless here it is..
had been planning to get a car in the 5.5 to 6 L range, and had melted down to Accent GLE, Baleno LXi and the Fiat Petra ELX..
odds are pretty much in favour of the petra, why bcoz,
the last time i had been to the maruti shwrm for a test drive, they said they are closed for drives, they don't go for one after 7:00,
asked for a test drive with the hyundai guys, and had a reply that we'll have it during the day coz traffic would be heavy after 5:00 (they say i would have trouble driving the car in traffic, comeon guys i've been driving for almost ten yrs now trouble in traffic that's something new for me)..
but had been to the fiat last evening around 7:00 with a friend who just dropped down from kandla (and wanted to show him the model that i had decided on), the guys at the showroom asked me if i wanted a TD, well why would i say no!!!
TVS guys!!! at 7:00 asking for a TD... if ASS is something on this levels, i'd say they are pretty much better than the maruti and the hyundai guys...
i apologize for being way off topic but just could not keep this out
mods please Xcuse

u cud catch the discussion at "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7325"

ak

the thing is Fiat has lost more on word of mouth. Certainly the ASS is not upto the levels but ask the fiat owners and most of them are satisfied.

Maruti is known to be the best. Dunno y u had that problem.same with accent.

I dunno what is keeping mitsubishi from reducing the price of the lancer. A 1.5 in straight competition to the NHC maybe great. I hope HM uses its brain and does so.