Team-BHP - Dealership Nonsense
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Dealership Nonsense (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2739-dealership-nonsense.html)

Folks,

As I've said in my earlier post that I'd booked my Accent CRDi from Jayabharat with 15k cash disc plus teflon,antirust,mats & security system. The car was supposed to be delivered more than 2 weeks earlier considering the stipulated time of 45days. Now its been two months since the booking & I'm finally getting the car on net Wednesday. The car was booked at Rs 7.49L on road Thane. So this morning the sales person calls & tells me that Accent prices have increased by 5k. I told him that there's no way that I'm going to pay the extra amount since the delivery is more than 2 weeks late but apparently the dealership manager is very adamant about it & refuses to budge. I'm at my wits end now & feel like calling off the deal but If I were to do that then I've to wait for another 3months for the car with no discounts whatsoever & that too at a higher price. One reason that I think he's so adamant is that he can sell this car without any discount & at a higher price! I'd told him that the car was late & the least he could do to compensate is absorb the price difference but NO! One way the sales person had suggested in the morning was to waive off the Security system. I really don't know what to do now!! Help!

hmmm.......he's really takin advantage of the situation. he'll be a very happy person if u call of the deal. So do one thing ......... pay him 5000 bucks and after you take delivery tell him that you will never refer Jaybharat to anyone. Just see if it works

hey rj,
i dunno if it will work, but i suggest you write to hyundai telling them that because of the dealers mistake you are getting the delivery of your car later than as promised earlier, and that hyundai should intervene in the matter to see to it that the dealer absorbs the extra cost. See if it works, its worth a try. All the best.

I agree with salil. Try contacting Hyundai, at least we will know if they are really customer oriented when it comes to a better selling variant.
Another option is to contact the auto mags. If u r a subscriber to Autocar then u can mail this matter to them in the AAA (Ask Autocar Anything) section and they will take up your case with hyundai.
Jaybharat is quite a pathetic dealer. I have gone twice to him , when one friend of mine wanted a Accent and the second time for another friend wanting a santro xing. Both the times the salesgirl did'nt even get up from her seat. She didn't even show us the car forget offering *a test drive. And the santro salesgirl was yawning away on our faces!

Hey RJK,

Have you paid any kind of downpayment or anything?

If your car has been delayed for soo long i dont see why you should have to pay the Rs 5k more. If they had delivered it on time you would have never been put in this position.

What the dealers want is -
1. for you to cancel your booking
2. for you to pay them 5k extra

So dont give them what they want.

Have you or your father spoken to the managed directly? try doing that.. because all these salesguys use cheap tactics in the name of the manager.
So try speaking to the manager or someone above him at hyundai and let them know exactly how they are at fault.

goodluck
R

This sounds like a dealer ploy. They delay delivery as they know prices are going up, then they say you have to pay up! Dont give in....speak to the manager, to Autocar and to Hyundai directly. This sot of underhand tactics should not be let go off easily.

rt

FYI - Jaybharat also used another tactic on me, we had shown an interest to buy an accent, but were waiting for sometime before the purchase.... so then a sales rep calls up and says "you better buy the car soon because steel prices are going up and that is going to affect the car prices by XYZ Rs." so i asked how long before prices change and he said "by next tuesday FOR SURE"....he also showed me some newspaper cutting saying something blah blah...... so i just called hyundai motor plaza to crosscheck... they said there was no way prices were going to go up before two months....
Couple of weeks later, bought the car from Hyundai motor plaza at the original price

So just be smart when dealing with these guys... dont ever think they want to give you the best deal...because that means the worst deal for them!!

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amit @ Aug. 28 2004,15:55)]Jaybharat is quite a pathetic dealer. I have gone twice to him , when one friend of mine wanted a Accent and the second time for another friend wanting a santro xing. Both the times the salesgirl did'nt even get up from her seat. She didn't even show us the car forget offering *a test drive. And *the santro salesgirl was yawning away on our faces!

Amit,
Very frankly I chose Jayabharat only because it was the only dealership giving me the discounts & freebies. Nobody else was giving a penny of a discount on CRDi. I've written to Hyundai now..lets see how it goes.

Rehaan,
Spoke to the manager sometime back personally & he's insisting that the car is bought under the new price & nothing he could do about it. When asked about the delay he has nothing to say about it. I just hope now Hyundai intervenes & teaches him a thing or two !

rj , if i were u ,the manager would have been in the hospital for a week

to put it frank , this would have been the reply to the manager "eam peekuntavu peeko raa" *ie in telugu and in nice words: do what u wanna do

i too faced the same tactics with the nhc,my uncle just sent a fax to the regional sales manager and directly to some one else in hyundai, the car was delivered to us in 3 days

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Aug. 28 2004,17:09)]Very frankly I chose Jayabharat only because it was the only dealership giving me the discounts & freebies. Nobody else was giving a penny of a discount on CRDi. I've written to Hyundai now..lets see how it goes.

RJK,

I believe that in the end the price u get from any hyundai dealer in bombay will be the same.

Jaybharat probably just uses the discounts and freebies to hook onto the possible customers and then keeps them waiting for ages for their car (which finally comes at a higher price as in this case).
Think about it, why would they give you a 15k discount on a car that is selling with or without you.
Thats my take on this at the moment...just speaking my mind, and i aint no expert at this sorta thing so dont value my words too greatly.

cya
R

my personal opinion is that ..sharayu is the best dealer for hyundai !!

of jaybharat and hyundai motor plaza, i prefer plaza. its been my personal xperience....got my santro serviced from sharayu and ma frnds got theirs when i went with them...sharayu was spot on....

as for the freebies, haggle with these //--/*--- till u die maaan

Rj,
do as everybody says, write to hyundai, auto mags..nothing works...sock the manager hard !!!

KO

cheers

Rehaan,
Even if I were to pay up the amt.(which I will not) I'd still be having 10k disc on the car. Also the waiting of 45 days was at all dealerships.

NC,
I've already written to Hyundai. Lets see how they respond & I'm not a subscriber of Autocar. So I don't know if they'll respond at all.

Technically the customer has to pay the price in practice at the time of delivery. The real fault lies in the fact that he has delayed your delivery by two weeks and thus pushed you into the higher price bracket.

As Rehaan said, he wants you to abort the car. That way he can sell the car without discount. Remember, if there is just one of many dealers thats offering a discount...hes going to offer you the most shabby service too.

Dont let go of the car. Take the matter up with Hyundai and Autocarindia's helpline desk.

GTO

Yeah,probably they want u to give up the car or cough up the money.I suggets that ACI wud take sum time before they publish it.Try taking this matter to Mid-Day for now.Pay them 200-400rs.They will surely publish it as soon as possible.
And they`s always outta news.

But dunt give up on the car,as every1z been saying.He`s tryna trick u.And even if u have to pay up,make sure u harass them during ur free servicing period.
Remember,T-Bhp has a lotz of hyundai haters.

Rj,

dont cancel the deal and dont even pay xtra !!!

he probably knows now that u really want the car and mite use that as a tactic...threaten him that u have written to hyundai and they have told u to wait till they talk to jaybharat...

but dont leave this midday..stick at it..and yeah send ur problem across to all possible newspapers by email/fax/mail..whatever...daily even....

cheers