Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy one?
yes 46 24.73%
no 140 75.27%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 15:52   #136
Senior - BHPian

Honda might be trying to get some big margins here since they will be the only ones selling a Hybrid. So its money on hybrid drivetrain similar to others who charge big bucks for the brand names.

If they already know that they are going to sell small numbers they could have reduced their margins too. This would have generated some good will.
Old 26th June 2008, 16:20   #137
Senior - BHPian

I will not buy honda because of the cost it is better to buy merc. by adding few more laks.
Old 28th June 2008, 03:31   #138
BHPian

HUGELY underpowered engine.
Old 4th August 2008, 20:10   #139
BHPian

Has anyone seen the eco -friendly Civic hybrid on road apart from the demo vehicles?
Old 4th August 2008, 21:13   #140
BANNED

Civic Hybrid has sold 52 nos in the month of its launch !!!
Old 5th August 2008, 14:20   #141
Senior - BHPian

I guess it makes sense for corporates and business establishments to buy it and tout it around as a green solution.... Like a cool factor thing.. not to mention writing off more on depreciation as well !!
Old 5th August 2008, 16:08   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Its greener as well as good from India growth because it added atleast another 52*1000000 = 52000000/- Rs to govt tax. Good for tax department and good for India. They should give special preference to the cities having maximimum imported cars.
Old 5th August 2008, 16:41   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
My guess is, that will be the highest sales it will record in a month. Once pent up demand is met it will dwindle down to single digits.
Old 5th August 2008, 18:15   #144
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I guess it makes sense for corporates and business establishments to buy it and tout it around as a green solution.... Like a cool factor thing.. not to mention writing off more on depreciation as well !!
Makes the most sense to those who are eligible for the EPCG scheme (Hotels etc.). With import duties waived off, the Civic hybrid would cost them lesser than a regular Civic. I see a good number of hybrid sales coming from this segment. The Hybrid's green image will leave an impression on their American / European clientelle too.
Old 11th August 2008, 13:46   #145
BHPian

HCH is one of the most hated hybrids in the US. See this thread below in hybridcars.com. In fact they seem to have reduced the expected FE figures from 50 to 40 in the 2008 version. Even I read an article in AutoBild India where there is a shootout between Civic 1.8 and HCH. It claims 13.5 as the average mileage for HCH. I think its too less for a car worth that much.

Honda Civic hybrid poor gas mileage | Hybrid Cars
Old 12th August 2008, 17:30   #146
BHPian

Funny story regarding the Hybrid Civic: I had rented the car for 4 days in LA...they had it on promotion (STEAL@ $10/Day) and i figured might as well be nice to the environment. The car was nothing spectacular on the highways but thats not the real story.

On the 2nd day i met a colleague for work...who insisted on exchanging cars because she wanted to get the Hybrid..no complaints...she has a RX430. We reached our meeting place...she parked and we went on with business for about 4 hours and ended the day around 5pm.

I get into the parking lot and there are 5-7 people surrounding my car...curious and shocked i went and asked what the problem was. "Well Buddy...apparently your car does not seem to start!"..."O...its a Hybrid...you probably cant hear when the engine is on and are thinking its not starting...let me try!"

Sure enough its not even starting...lights arent coming on and i am xxxxing my pants! I call the Rental agency and start hollering...you gave me a car which has broken down...theres no mechanics around...what kind of service is this..blah blah. He calmly asks me.."Did i leave anything on?" ...without thinking i was like 'NO' but since i hadn't parked the car decided to check... THE HEADLIGHTS WERE ON! Compliments of my dear colleague who had left by then!

Needless to say i shut my trap and called a tow-truck...waited 2 hours for it to show up; paid $200 to get the car to the nearest garage ...got jumper cables..charged the battery and vowed to never give a rented car to a woman or rent a hybrid again! Just a sad/funny story.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:36   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

No T-BHP TD of Civic Hybrid Yet????????

Hi guys,

More than 2 months since the car was launched and no T-BHP TD report of Civic Hybrid yet?????

Don't tell me it's overpriced.
TD does not cost.

Please don't leave India at the incapable hands (or brains) of ACI, Overdrive, etc.

Help, Help, Help.....
Old 30th September 2008, 19:24   #148
Senior - BHPian

Near impossible to TD the Hybrid. It's a CBU, it's costly, and it is a very low volume car. I'd be surprised if your average Honda dealership has one for TD.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:38   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post

Sure enough its not even starting...lights arent coming on and i am xxxxing my pants! I call the Rental agency and start hollering...you gave me a car which has broken down...theres no mechanics around...what kind of service is this..blah blah. He calmly asks me.."Did i leave anything on?" ...without thinking i was like 'NO' but since i hadn't parked the car decided to check... THE HEADLIGHTS WERE ON! Compliments of my dear colleague who had left by then!
What?
Civic does not have "headlight on" reminder????
Even the City has this!!!

BTW, this is the most irrelevant stuff to discuss about a hybrid!!!
Old 30th September 2008, 22:52   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Makes the most sense to those who are eligible for the EPCG scheme (Hotels etc.). With import duties waived off, the Civic hybrid would cost them lesser than a regular Civic. I see a good number of hybrid sales coming from this segment. The Hybrid's green image will leave an impression on their American / European clientelle too.

true, but with duty or without duty one will always have to choose it over a camry/accord/teana which belong to a higher segment

but i must say the sales are impressive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks