yes 46 24.73%
no 140 75.27%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 20:54   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Setting up factory, building expertise, & training staff in India on hybrids takes time. There is a market for hybrids in India and hence Honda has introduced hybrids here. Due to tax the cost is high - it will come down when locally manufactured here. But that will take time.

Hybrid Civic at 10.5 Lakhs? Why not? In fact it might be priced lower than that !!!
Diabloo, I understand your relentless passion toward anything Honda, but gimme a break man! Big deal if the manufacturer has to set up a support structure for a new product...heck, in my small 30 member company, each new person goes through a 90 day training exercise. Please dont come in here to tell us that "setting up a factory yadayadayada" takes time. Lets not insult each others intelligence here.

Look, such blind support for one brand is really not going to take us or Team-BHP anywhere. No offence, but it is bordering on nonsensical levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Thats Made in India. Civic Hydrid is Made in Japan - imported stuff.
So? Does the customer really care? Heck, what difference does it make to me where my car is made? I care about the price at the end of the day. And if a technology-laden S Class can be assembled in India, just what is the Civic Hybrid? A rocket ship?!
Old 19th June 2008, 21:32   #122
BANNED

A reputed company spends millions and launches a car. I was trying to see things from their angle. Why would somebody pour millions into a stupid, suicidal venture? Just a get a eco-friendly name? (which they already have?) To get first mover vantage? (they haven't demonstrated anywhere in the world - they are always second to Toyota).
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Look, such blind support for one brand is really not going to take us or Team-BHP anywhere. No offence, but it is bordering on nonsensical levels.
Old 20th June 2008, 12:02   #123
BHPian

I wish that they bring the diesels first and give some advantage to the customers in terms of running costs. They are still sticking to the gasoline engines only in India. Before bringing on the hybrid's they need to lobby the government along with other manufacturers for giving some tax cuts!

All the lefties will die opposing the N-deal but do nothing on the ground in terms of solving people's problems.
Old 20th June 2008, 18:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring
Diabloo, I understand your relentless passion toward anything Honda, but gimme a break man! Big deal if the manufacturer has to set up a support structure for a new product...heck, in my small 30 member company, each new person goes through a 90 day training exercise. Please dont come in here to tell us that "setting up a factory yadayadayada" takes time. Lets not insult each others intelligence here.

Your tone sounds very strong and itself biased against Honda...
Please respect other members statements.
Old 20th June 2008, 23:30   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Hello, GTO loves his Honda very much. What he means to say is BLIND LOVE towards a brand is not going to take anybody anywhere.
I don't think that is biased or lacking in respect.
Old 20th June 2008, 23:37   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No GTO's tone doesn't sound against Honda.

Its a fact that 21.5 lakhs for Civic hybrid is ridiculous price and it is also a fact that if Merc S class can be assembled here so can a Civic Hybrid. I don't see any bias here whatsoever.
Old 21st June 2008, 00:07   #127
BHPian

No doubt, this is one of the most ridiculous pricing by any manufacturer in india .. we can understand the duty structure ,manufacturing cost etc etc but no matter what 23 lacs for a Civic is a pure daylight robbery ...
I may be wrong but i cant think of many cars presently selling in India that could share or take this title away from HSIL .
Old 21st June 2008, 11:51   #128
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am a huge fan of Honda, and probably have as much respect for the brand as I do for the best from Germany. They have the ability to make a relative cheap car a heck of drive, and with reliability / efficiency to match. I am an extremely proud owner of an OHC Vtec and absolutely love that car. Not too many manufacturers can do that.

Quote:
I guess I may have come on too strong there. Diabloo, my apologies but just to clarify....no offence was meant.

Cheers!
Old 21st June 2008, 12:50   #129
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, when car makers like BMW, Toyota & Merc are spending a gadzillion bucks on making fuel cell vehicles & hiring it out to the "hollywood community" to make environment-friendly technology popular, Honda could have shown a bit more commitment than importing the Civic Hybrid as a CBU.

Apart from the powertrain, I do not see drastic changes in the bodyshell/structure/construction. I'm positive that it can be assembled here. If they want to, that is.

When Mahindra can go ahead and manufacture a Hybrid in India (albeit at proto) why can't Honda....?

25L on-road. Bah. Forget fuel savings, imagine the disastrous re-sale values..

Last edited by veyron1 : 21st June 2008 at 12:52.
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:30   #130
BHPian

In the Car & Bike show, they showed the civic hybrid and explained about the motor assist. The car gives a mileage of 19 km/l in city compared to non-hybrid yielding 9 km/l. I think this is a great achievement of using the electric motor here saving the fuel. So for now, the civic customer has to pay double to get double mileage.

I see the hybrids a welcome in India if it is manufactured here to bring down the cost & taxes. But I could not find out why they tell Hybrids are GREEN cars, still it uses petrol.
Old 23rd June 2008, 04:53   #131
BHPian

Guys honda has stated clearly that they are not trageting large amount sales, they said few coporates have booked the car, they are just giving indians the latest technology and showing wat honda is doing..!
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:08   #132
BHPian

Todays "car and bike show" mentioned civic hybrid gives 20kmpl. commendable. But swift diesel and Fiesta diesel would anyday give better mileage than this. They are far more affordable also. Honda can try their hybrid tech in a relatively smaller car may be the Jazz or new gen Honda city to take a more realistic approach.
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:31   #133
Senior - BHPian

I was just thinking, taking the price difference between the Civic and the Accord in India, will the Accord Hybrid cost around 30 lac+. That would really be ridiculous. I mean, yes, its a hybrid, V6 blah blah...but I personally would go for anything else more valuable in the same price, may be a Mercedes-C-Class. As far as the fuel economy goes, it might be a plus point as hybrids mostly work their best when they are driven at slow speeds (that i the electric motor giving propulsion), considering the roads in india full of traffic. I personally, think that Honda should do something about the price and not make people pay for the badge.
Old 24th June 2008, 07:11   #134
BANNED

hi some fact honda civic hybrid

hi
i live in china this same model which is lauched in india above 20k is costing in china 14 lakh approx
so u can understand china also have 103 % duty for imported cars but still u can covert the price and see the price diffrence between india and china
actually the goverment must support zero duty on these kinds of cars
imagine if even 30% car sold all over the world are hybrid
the demand for petrol will go down this can also affect more less price for oil
but i think the goverment cannot do future planing
and implement it when needed
regards
narry
Old 26th June 2008, 15:08   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
imagine if even 30% car sold all over the world are hybrid
the demand for petrol will go down this can also affect more less price for oil
Sorry, It is a Joke, when people can afford more fuel / Miles per $$, then they buy or increase the more power (bhp) of their car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks