Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2007, 10:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the 1.6LT is tempting, and compared to the SX4, the Aveo has a much much better built quality and looks better IMHO.
Old 12th August 2007, 10:54   #32
BHPian

Aveo has better space inside than SX4 & 3 people can sit comfortably at the back.
Old 12th August 2007, 10:57   #33
Team-BHP Support

But SX4 is a Maruti
Old 12th August 2007, 11:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

I differ on this issue,the sx4 interior space is less than the NHC yes but definitely more than the aveo,

Legroom between the two is no comparison,The aveo gives you more of a small car feel, one of the reasons for me keeping away from the aveo and going ahead with the sx4.The ac was too bad even in the rains it was not exactly chilling inside and yes the gearbox the demo car had was awful.I test drove in the last week of july[so waiting for the aveo v2].

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 12th August 2007 at 11:17.
Old 12th August 2007, 11:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

GM sure is playing it right this time , Atleast on the price front they have been making really good judgements regarding the expecations of prospective customers . Every Aveo owner I have met till date is having a lot of nice things to say about the car though many arent confident of its resale value neverthless its a very good sign , finally they are earning some respect
Old 12th August 2007, 12:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
I differ on this issue,the sx4 interior space is less than the NHC yes but definitely more than the aveo,

Legroom between the two is no comparison,The aveo gives you more of a small car feel, one of the reasons for me keeping away from the aveo and going ahead with the sx4.The ac was too bad even in the rains it was not exactly chilling inside and yes the gearbox the demo car had was awful.I test drove in the last week of july[so waiting for the aveo v2].
Hi Rahul,

Aveo v2 (or atleast v1.9) is here. The thread is talking about it. All dealers till now kept old Aveo with horrible gearbox for TD. The new one is much better. I found the AC in new model almost same as in SX4 (except that automatic climate control is missing).

Nirmal
Old 12th August 2007, 23:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

just checked. the maintainence prices also include all consumables and spares. Now that's neat.
Old 13th August 2007, 09:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Vid here, if the build quality is good, the first 3-4 years hardly need any spares, only consumables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
They have kept 13,000 rupees as maintenance cost for spark.

It doesn't make sense to me. Looks like a mere marketing gimmick.

When you buy the car it comes with a 3yrs 1,00,000kms warranty. The first 3 services i.e. first one year will be free service. The next 2 years will be paid service. So every 6 months means 4 paid services over 2 years.

Again for these 4 services, most of the parts will be replaced under the 3 yr warranty. So for 4 paid services I don't see the amount crossing Rs.12,999.
Old 13th August 2007, 09:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

three cheers for GM for setting up a benchmark in "Service Sector" in Automobiles....
Old 13th August 2007, 11:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
But SX4 is a Maruti
This is something I can't digest . Maruti the brandname is long gone with Suzuki taking over the majority stake as well as the control & decision making. If you have noticed, even the logo of the new vehicles are different. They used to be a 'M' and now they all sport the official Suzuki logo.
Moreover, the new vehicles are all internationally launched Suzuki products. So can we stop calling the SX4 and Swift as Maruti vehicles and call them Suzuki vehicles as we would do for the other Japanese manufacturers. After all, the Corolla is from Toyota Kirloskar Motors but do we ever call it a Kirloskar vehicle ????
Old 13th August 2007, 12:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Expect something on this front soon, have heard work is going on in this direction,infact the U-va too may get the 1.3 multijet fiat engine,though I feel the aveo[sedan] would be the first one to get dieselised.
one more multijet That would make all major cars with the same engine. Different bodies but same heart
Old 13th August 2007, 15:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

GM is making all the right moves. While we can debate the exact implications of what they have said in their 'promise' what it does is INCREASE confidence in their products in the market, remove any perceptions about high maintenance costs and also contribute to holding resale values - 3 issues that GM have faced in this market.

Coupled with a fairly decent product lineup which includes a presence in nearly every segment and planned releases in unrepresented segments, it looks like GM is finally moving its feet in the market.

If they continue with this strategy they are going to be BIG in India in a couple of years. Watch out for GM India, the rest of you!

Amazingly its the erstwhile Daewoo that is driving GM's rebirth in India through their Matiz, Kalos, Nubira and the soon to be released Captiva.
Old 13th August 2007, 15:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
This is something I can't digest . Maruti the brandname is long gone with Suzuki taking over the majority stake as well as the control & decision making. If you have noticed, even the logo of the new vehicles are different. They used to be a 'M' and now they all sport the official Suzuki logo.
Moreover, the new vehicles are all internationally launched Suzuki products. So can we stop calling the SX4 and Swift as Maruti vehicles and call them Suzuki vehicles as we would do for the other Japanese manufacturers. After all, the Corolla is from Toyota Kirloskar Motors but do we ever call it a Kirloskar vehicle ????
Whoever owns Maruti, that is not the point. Its about its service network, customer relationship and other things that brings a worry free experience that we are talking about.
They will always be Maruti for the good things that they do.
Old 13th August 2007, 18:12   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Whoever owns Maruti, that is not the point. Its about its service network, customer relationship and other things that brings a worry free experience that we are talking about.
They will always be Maruti for the good things that they do.
Exactly, why can't they be called 'Suzuki' for all the good things they do ?? All the service networks, customer relationship and the other things you are talking about are controlled by Suzuki as it has the majority stake and on its way to becoming the complete stakeholder, right ??
Old 13th August 2007, 22:35   #45
BHPian

GM is not authorised to Sell Magnum . Is it true? I hope GM sorts out this problem faster.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed