Team-BHP - GM refreshes Aveo! 5.9- 6.8L. Launches Chevrolet Promise!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   GM refreshes Aveo! 5.9- 6.8L. Launches Chevrolet Promise! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/27426-gm-refreshes-aveo-5-9-6-8l-launches-chevrolet-promise.html)

Source: The hindu, August 11, 2007.

Quote:

priced between Rs. 5.90L and 6.8L, the three models of refurbished Aveo with refreshed instrument panel with chrome lining, telescopic instrument cluster, improved gearshift for easier driveability, enhanced throttle response for better acceleration and advanced levels of noise, vibration and harshness protection for silent cabin
Isn't the price tag lower than before? GM, you need a diesel badly to help sales!

Guess GM is dead serious on the Indian market, as they have shown with the products like Magnum, Spark etc!

Chevrolet promise

Quote:

GM also launched Chevrolet promise, a customer oriented initiative under which the company would refund the maintainence cost of a customer if it exceeds a fixed amount over a period of 3 years or 45000kms. The total maintainence cost of Chevrolet carlines are Spark- Rs12,999. U-VA- Rs 14,999, Aveo 15,999, Optra (P)- 17,999, Optra(D)- 26,999. "This programme stems from the confidence we have in our world class products and established Chevrolet brand as the best in class in terms of cost of maintainence"
Again a good move considering the general belief that GM cars are expensive to maintain.

I must say GM India has been working hard to prove and endear themselves. They had a big ad in today's TOI towards stating the low maintenance of their cars.

Good job, GM.

Quote:

GM, you need a diesel badly to help sales!
Expect something on this front soon, have heard work is going on in this direction,infact the U-va too may get the 1.3 multijet fiat engine,though I feel the aveo[sedan] would be the first one to get dieselised.

good news .. if the gear shift is better, aveo is an option worth considering in its segment.. folks, please update this thread when someone get an opportunity to test the new aveo..

They have to improve customer service before anything. I am unable to register my Magnum and its been 2 months now. Even contacting GM head office on 3030 8080 has made no difference. I only hear one thing "We will contact you in a day or two. There is no way to contact higher management.

They dont have approval for Magnum yet. Because of that my insurance also does not stand valid...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo (Post 529287)
They dont have approval for Magnum yet.

Hows that again ? They arent't authorized to sell the Magnum ?

Quote:

refurbished Aveo with refreshed instrument panel with chrome lining, telescopic instrument cluster
I don't think the website has been updated. Can anyone confirm if the gallery pictures on their website have been updated?

Quote:

improved gearshift for easier driveability
Isn't this the second time they have "improved" the gearshift? How many attempts are they going to take to get it right? lol: They seem to getting inspired by Tata's, launch the car first and then keep improving it!

Quote:

They arent't authorized to sell the Magnum?
Thats what I thought when I read Rodeo's post. Also, I haven't seen any Magnum TCDi's on the road yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 529298)
Isn't this the second time they have "improved" the gearshift? How many attempts are they going to take to get it right? lol: They seem to getting inspired by Tata's, launch the car first and then keep improving it!

No this is the first time only they have improved the gearshift.
The dealers were selling the "refreshed" Aveo for quite some time now. This is just the official announcement of the same.
A few Team-BHP members (Kamy240?) already bought the refreshed Aveo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo (Post 529287)
They dont have approval for Magnum yet. Because of that my insurance also does not stand valid...

:confused:
Don't have approval means? RTO sanction?

Thats a good move by GM, hope they get the Multijet fast.

No, Shoowroom guys say its GMs problem. My registration was rejected 3-4 time. They have approval for petrol Magnum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 529380)
Thats a good move by GM, hope they get the Multijet fast.

I'd really like to see the diesel on the uva first. If they bring out the diesel aveo, it'll be a 8+ lac car, way over my budget:-(

I like the "promise" packages but this:

Quote:

priced between Rs. 5.90L and 6.8L, the three models of refurbished Aveo with refreshed instrument panel with chrome lining, telescopic instrument cluster, improved gearshift for easier driveability, enhanced throttle response for better acceleration and advanced levels of noise, vibration and harshness protection for silent cabin
is sheer marketing crap. Expect no change.

With the promise package in effect,I am rushing to the GM dealership today.

Maybe a UV-A or a spark.

I usually keep my car for 3-5 years. with 3 years covered on the maintainence front, my investment would be pretty satisfying.
does it only include regular services or consumables also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo (Post 529384)
No, Shoowroom guys say its GMs problem. My registration was rejected 3-4 time. They have approval for petrol Magnum.

Magnum is the diesel right?

OT, expected Spark to spark GM sales instead its just parked in their showrooms, what went wrong?