Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 08:51   #211
BHPian

Re: What car does your non-auto better half like?

My 'other' half likes Sedan cars namely Fluidic Verna and Cruze even though we have Linea at home.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:07   #212
BHPian

Well, my better half Loves the Brio, and she would love to have this as her personal car someday.
Then she loves the Duster and she wants to have this as our family car.
And when I thought that she is pretty modest, she came out with this- VW Beetle. She dreams of driving a sunshine yellow Beetle (Drool drool). First love.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:33   #213
BHPian

this is an interesteing thread with interesting view points.

I have never posed this question to my better half... let me check today, will hopefully update tomorrow.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:56   #214
BHPian

Thankfully for me, my wife has great taste, (which I would consider a given considering she married me ).

Given money were no object, She'd probably go with a Jaguar first (XK > XFS in that order) or a Range Rover Sport.

I think I need to show her a photograph of some of the older Jags to see how she feels about those.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:04   #215
BHPian

Interesting thread. I hope they read this thread. Hmm here goes. First of all can't term my better half as a "non-auto". She is not concerned what is below the hood or exact figures like bhp/KW but otherwise quite knowledgeable about cars / bikes in general

Currently she drives a Bolero CRDe and in the process of picking up a small car for city use. She is very particular about the way a car drives in city traffic (effortless = torque), ergonomics, view from driver seat, turning radius, easy parking, gadgets (good to have types - Bolero has none!), overall smoothness (both engine and suspension). Been test driving a few small cars is last few days. We are looking at all tall boy design cars since I will be driving it too.

Didn't like the Nano. Reason - Steering position is too low when she pulls the seat forward. Even after pulling the seat fwd she still had trouble pressing the pedals fully/comfortably. Horrible gear shift. Too much of vibration & noise. Overall impression auto-rickshaw / goods carrier. Not worth 2.5L on road in Bangalore. But otherwise "cute" and spacious. She is also concerned about Tata service / brand. She trusts Mahindra. Currently owns her 2nd Bolero for last 9 years

Almost finalized Hyundai i10

Wishlist:
1. Pajero (old boxy one - Pajero Mini is ideal choice)
2. VW Beetle
3. Mini Cooper (shhhh - she doesn't know you can buy one in India now)
4. Mahindra Thar 4x4
5. Hummer H3
Old 20th March 2013, 15:50   #216
BHPian

My better half loves Tata Safari, may be due to the sheer presence of the beast in the road. She does not drive but she is a good navigator and keeps me on alert in our trips.
Old 20th March 2013, 18:11   #217
BHPian

My wife did not have any likings or knowledge about cars before marriage. She used to travel in E Class a lot without even knowing its value. After marriage, due to my constant talks about cars and bikes she started developing interests.

Now below is the list of her preferences
  1. Audi (A4 to R8)
  2. All Skodas especially the Superb due to the space it offers
  3. All Jaguars
  4. XUV (My influence)
  5. Hummer
As far as bikes are concerned, she is always happy and most comfortable to be pillion in my Bullet Electra
Old 20th March 2013, 20:21   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

My wife has her own specific taste in cars. When we got married (1983) she wanted a Talbot Samba. Next was a VW Polo (first or second generation), then a whole range of various Ford Fiesta's and a Ford Focus.

She doesn't like driving big cars at all. When we lived in the US, she wanted a Ford Focus, nothing bigger. Although at the time we also owned a Jeep Cherokee and she enjoyed driving that too.

She has never driven any of my cars, but she enjoys our Alfa Spider, Mercedes W123 and in particular our Jaguar XJR. She only drove the XJR once, as she didn't like it. She likes to sit next to me and be driven!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 21:19   #219
BHPian

For almost a year now, mine has kept asking for a Cadillac Escalade as her next vehicle.
I've given her a hint of our paltry bank balance each time the topic has come up.
NinadJoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 21:25   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
For almost a year now, mine has kept asking for a Cadillac Escalade as her next vehicle.
I've given her a hint of our paltry bank balance each time the topic has come up.
Haha! How soon do women start to like SUV's, right? My wifey also totally disregards hatchbacks and wagons. She only like Sedans and SUVs. She totally likes convertibles, but thinks small ones like Miata and S2000 are not for us, we need the big boat like German convertibles. Oh, and yes, although she likes big butch SUVs, she doesn't like pickup trucks.
Old 20th March 2013, 21:34   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Haha! How soon do women start to like SUV's, right? My wifey also totally disregards hatchbacks and wagons. She only like Sedans and SUVs. She totally likes convertibles, but thinks small ones like Miata and S2000 are not for us, we need the big boat like German convertibles. Oh, and yes, although she likes big butch SUVs, she doesn't like pickup trucks.
Yes indeed. A fully loaded Ford Flex is another one on her wish list. No idea where she gets her ideas from. Big is beautiful with some, I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks