Team-BHP - Resale values in C segment
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Resale values in C segment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2753-resale-values-c-segment.html)

I am looking for C segment car in 6 to 8 lakh range which will have high resale value after 3 years. Given a choice, I'll go for mileage (FE) against power. Suggestions ?

one word: NHC!

Accent CRDI\Viva CRDI ?

NHC has better space inside than the accent with the FE being almost same. but then its a petrol and the crdi a diesel......still the NHC will hold its value better than the crdi

cheers

Why don't you check out a Lancer? They have Zero maintanence for 3 years, meaning you will not have to pay for anything. ofcourse, their resale value is not as good as the Honda, nor is their FE.

On second thoughts, get the NHC!! If you don't mind the loooooong wait for one.

Rt

New Honda City. Resale and a lot of other tangibles/intangibles along the way.

GTO

Just above 8 is the base Optra 1.6, comments on resale value?

NHC esp the CVT. In fact in my book if you are getting the NHC get the CVT/PIV. No other prod car has it.

the optra too is a good choice but will def have lower resale than the nhc

the resale list according to me would be:
nhc
crdi
optra/baleno
indigo/petra
ikon/esteem

Well....i guess NHC all the way.
Followed by Vtec,Esteem,Indigo,Lancer and finally the Ikon.

Somehow i feel people cannot relate to the Baleno.Its loosing its market share.1/2 yrs old balenos are available for 3-4L odd.
But again,for a person who knows cars well,Baleno rocks.

Cya.

It would be between the NHC (if you can stomach the looks) and Accent CRDI.....

The NHC probably being 1st choice.....however that might change if you plan to be running a LOT of Kms.

cya
R

See there's not much of a diff between the Crdi and the NHC in terms of performance. But the NHC offers much more in cabin space and the best interiors off the lot.

A nice NHC with upgraded rubber will surely excite you on the twisties. As for overall performance, "Vtec" is the only word i can think of.

Regards...
Shan2nu

It's gonna be a 1.6 Optra base model. Any suggestions for change in stock parts? Tires?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (StackTop @ Sep. 09 2004,17:03)]It's gonna be a 1.6 Optra base model. Any suggestions for change in stock parts? Tires?

Check out the Veipe's TBHP Review of the Optra 1.6
as well as Rudras TBHP Review of the Optra 1.8 (a lot of similarities with the 1.6 naturally...)

and regarding changing stock parts, Rudra thinks 15" Alloys on the Optra make a huge difference.

And as for your tire preference....tell us what you want from a tire and we can shortlist a few.

cya
R

Good choice the 1.6.
But a lot depends on the color too.Which 1 are you planning to opt for.Black looks ravishing on the Optra.
And Rehaan has said the rest.
Cya.