Team-BHP - just bought a 15000km old Bolero..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   just bought a 15000km old Bolero.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2754-just-bought-15000km-old-bolero.html)

its in really good condition.. thus a good buy..
esp. for the price it was bought at..

and its not sluggish i had expected..
doesnt feel like a big car at all.. a lot of that can be attributed to power steering and indepandant front suspension
( not there in the Grand )
it is, however, jumpy like most jeeps are..
they shud have given it a softer suspension setting..

engine performance is good..
but, it really loses performance after u switch the ac on..
suprising for a 2.5ltr engine..

for the inside..
the gear shift is not comfortably within reach.. u have to stretch for it..
seats are not comfortable.. and dont 'hold' u at all..

still havent taken it for a really lond drive to the country..
lets see how that goes..

but on the whole..
a definite improvement on the grand
.. cant ask for much more than that i guess..

still need to drive the scorpio tho..
heard good things it

Hey Hatari,

Welcome to the world of Jeeps, and congratulations on your buy! Jeeps do require a lot of compromise in comfort but they sure as hell pay back in a million other areas. Once you get used to the Bolero, just the sheer character and rugged nature will have you choosing its keys over the other. Ask me, I pick the Jeep every morning over the Vtec and the Mercedes.

I guess your Bolero is not a 4x4 since you speak of an independent front suspension. But as a Mahindra insider told me "The Bolero is anyday a better buy than the Scorpio. Its proven, more rugged and best of all - zero maintenance. "

GTO

OH! Congrats dude!! i have driven the Bolero.. fantastic vehicle! Yeah its kinda crude, rough, NVH levels are high ... but it is damm fun to drive and it isnt that bad on fuel economy too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 08 2004,18:25)]Welcome to the world of Jeeps, and congratulations on your buy....

Hey GTO u beat me by a minute to reply to this thread!!

Congrats on your new purchase Hatari!! Enjoy the jeep to the max!

Congrats ! i guess you are the second Tbhpian who owns a Bolero. I think i am the first one. Correct me if i am wrong guys..
How much did u buy it for??
which year? 7str or 8str??
The front bucket seats are very bad on support. consider changing them.. like i did on mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 08 2004,18:25)]Its proven, more rugged and best of all - zero maintenance. "

Exactly! the best part of this vehicle is the low maintainence costs. Most spares are cheap.
-Chaxy

You bet it is a wonderful vehicle. I own a Bolero Invader and it is a superb performer both on and off road. Am selling it off for a Classic is a different story

got a good deal for the Glx
bought it for Rs. 3.75 L
its the 7str

been looking for a nice front guard actually.. that protects the bumper.. lights etc
may have to fit a customised.. my dad loves designing these things..
good at it too

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chaxy @ Sep. 09 2004,12:07)]Congrats ! i guess you are the second Tbhpian who owns a Bolero. I think i am the first one. Correct me if i am wrong guys..
How much did u buy it for??
which year? 7str or 8str??
The front bucket seats are very bad on support. consider changing them.. like i did on mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 08 2004,18:25)]Its proven, more rugged and best of all - zero maintenance. "

Exactly! the best part of this vehicle is the low maintainence costs. Most spares are cheap.
-Chaxy

not sure if 1st or second but i had a bolero from 2000 - brand new - which i sold off just a couple of weeks back

Killjoy. Then i guess u are the first !!

Hatari,
The front guards generally do more damage than good to ur car. they will try to bend inwards during a collision and damage the hood. Also since they are attached to the chasis, if u have a good amount of impact then its actually bends your chasis.
I would be happy if only the bumper is damaged. Also the bumper of bolero is quite cheap and its easy/cheap to dent it.
Think about it !
-Chaxy

Talking about collision with a Bolero. Unfortunately, Sometime back my bolero barged into a qualis from the back
No points for guessing what happened
The back of the qualis was given a "back lift" !!!
The poor guy had no other way but to replace the hatch.
My insurance paid for it. the best part is that i only had to dent/paint the BUMPER. it costed 500 bucks. Now that why i recommend not having a crash guard . It might crash into your car too

-Chaxy

yo chax
do u have any stickers on ur car??? say a big red f1? coz i saw a bolero with thses stickers,same alloys as urs and even the front seats looked diff,

Nope Aadix... Not mine.. I have only one sticker on my B. thats a small k&n sticker on rear glass.
BTW i too saw that F1.
-Chaxy

Hey Hatari

Congrats on your new acquisition. Any plans to paint it in Renault F-1 Blue and yellow livery?

Revv