Hey GTO tat was my cousin sisters but im quiet sure it dint have a turbo
Old 27th August 2004, 22:09   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Hey GTO tat was my cousin sisters but im quiet sure it dint have a turbo
Dude, that car used to leave Vtecs in the dust. Maybe its another 7009 car from Matunga. But the one I am talking about surely had a turbo in it.

GTO
Old 27th August 2004, 22:25   #33
BHPian

Hey gto 7009 was my cousin bros patent no. nd tat was da only 7009 lancer in matunga nd he is quiet an underaged & fast i mean fast and rash driver so maybe it was just him smoking all da vtecs

But latest i was in his car i think last in diwali nd back den it dint have a turbo nd i have just missed kicking his ### in my zen and he in his lancer quiet a few times so its quiet a suerprise tat ur sayin he used to smoke vtecs???
Old 27th August 2004, 23:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dude libre,ur right maybe he did`nt have the turbo then.But off late i guess he got it fixed sumwhere around in March.Not too sure though.Ur right bout his rash drive.Ask him bout the 7261 Lancer or the 8888 Lancer next u talk to him.Both black.

Cya
Old 27th August 2004, 23:30   #35
BHPian

Hey X-Machine wats so gr8 abt da two lancers nd do u stay somewhere rnd matunga??
Hey im quet sure abt he din get a turbo but he did pick up an accord.
He had rio modify his accent which hes sold nd now hes got jus a muffeler on his santro.No oder major changes.
Old 27th August 2004, 23:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

someone in delhi had told me that if u break the side indicator bulbs ,there is no way ur car security system will work.
have never tried it ,but have heard it works.my driver was a car thief .
Old 28th August 2004, 00:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ Aug. 27 2004,22:03)]have never tried it ,but have heard it works.my driver was a car thief .

Serious??
Old 28th August 2004, 00:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ Aug. 27 2004,22:03)]my driver was a car thief .
U serious......I hope he`s not a member on T-Bhp.
Old 28th August 2004, 01:14   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

someone in delhi had told me that if u break the side indicator bulbs ,there is no way ur car security system will work.
Me thinks that your driver has watched "Gone in 60 seconds".

Libre, all that I heard was from secondary sources. Havent seen the car in action nor can argue with a primary source.

Will take your word for it

GTO
Old 28th August 2004, 01:59   #40
BHPian

Another Autocop story....last week i was in a remote rural area 300 km off hyd and did the most foolish thing in my life - "locked myself out"
Actually it was the fault of the Autocop + LS door open limit switch.
The next 1 hr i tried every possible trick i knew, including the 12" scale trick.. but failed.
Finally i had to break the quarter glass of my bolero.
To make things worse it rained cats and dogs on way back, car was all wet inside.
I hope this never happens to anyone on Tbhp.
-chaxy
Old 28th August 2004, 02:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]8888 Lancer black.
hey x man,

i had a black lancer in my compound 8888 ...nice shiny spoky alloys..free flow exhaust..used to frequent barista in chembur ..is that the one ??

cheers
Old 28th August 2004, 03:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ Aug. 25 2004,16:04)]old cars with distributor a simple trick i used to employ.. open cap remove the rotor, same as tom said.. car will crank but wont fire up
There was a time when I used to pull out one of the cables going into the distributor... can't do that everytime, though... only like when you're gonna be gone for a few days or something like that.

Sorry to hear about the Lancer. A backup mechanical device always helps... if nothing else, atleast the dude will try his hand at the car which has only AutoCop first (unless, ofcourse, you have funky alloyz and the works...)

--oversteer--
Old 28th August 2004, 03:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ Aug. 27 2004,22:03)]someone in delhi had told me that if u break the side indicator bulbs ,there is no way ur car security system will work.
I think what you actually have to do is cause a short circuit by pulling out the bulb and connecting the wiring in the back... I've heard that not only does it disable the security system, but with some models it even causes the doors to get unlocked...

--oversteer--
Old 28th August 2004, 12:39   #44
Team-BHP Support

as far as car stereo security goes....
a while back w used to pull the entire stereo out (ths is before the days of CD players in cars) and take it with us. When I got my Alpine 7385 in 1986 it came with a beautiful black leather bag with an embroidered Alpine logo. Some night places like Bar Lui (once known as the longest bar in NYC) used to have special check in for car stereos.

Sosche used to make/sell a device that fit in the cassette players slot that blocked the cassette slot quite well.

as far as modern security goes one option is to take the face plate with u or get a stereo like the JVC Chameleon.

For those who want a smart place to store the face plate get one of those skin diver knife ankle belts. If you get one that fits a 8" knife it will hold your face quite snugly.

Old 29th August 2004, 02:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (oversteer @ Aug. 28 2004,02:08)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ Aug. 27 2004,22:03)]someone in delhi had told me that if u break the side indicator bulbs ,there is no way ur car security system will work.
I think what you actually have to do is cause a short circuit by pulling out the bulb and connecting the wiring in the back... I've heard that not only does it disable the security system, but with some models it even causes the doors to get unlocked...

--oversteer--
exactly .
maybe this was wat he said.as he had challenged me that he can break into any car ,without the siren getting activated.,when i started boasting to him abt the immobiliser and the shock sensors that my autocop has.

my driver was a car chor ,since that was a rented company car,dunno wat he is upto now.

satya

Most Viewed