Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2007, 12:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think a re-call would be that they bring back the car to the dealership and get it checked- imagine if car majors had to replace all the million or so cars they would have gone broke LONG ago.
Old 17th August 2007, 14:44   #17
BHPian

my frnd also had some aprts relaced in his swift during service
Old 17th August 2007, 15:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
may be its a gimmick or a trick of the MUL for making a name in the market for A.S.S.???? could be possible.
I guess it couldn't be a gimmick of any sort since a recall could show that they actually care for the customers but at a cost.
I presume its just to ensure that customers are happy and forums like these don't end up catching faults in this car and give it a bad tag....
Old 17th August 2007, 17:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrisomebear View Post
Can you elaborate which parts?
Old 17th August 2007, 17:23   #20
BHPian

on seeing this thread i informed my friend who had bought the car in april - may. he went to pratham motors and enquired there. they told there is some issues in wiring and told him that it will take around 3hrs to rectify it.
he did not get it done as it was around 5pm. he will be going there again tomorrow. will update regarding this
Old 17th August 2007, 21:30   #21
BHPian

I am taking my car fr service tomorrow alongwith a list of my complaints , lets see what happens , Will keep u guys updated !!
Old 18th August 2007, 00:06   #22
BHPian

my car is also april.
i will take it on monday btw i have not received ne intimation from maruti. but just in case.. i ll go and get it checked.
Old 18th August 2007, 00:38   #23

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

a friend of mine came back from the service station today as he had gone to get his swift ddis checked.according to him,they were tampering/looking at the ecu and the main wiring harness,.and then the ecu was reflashed or something as he mentioned that they had connected it to some sort of a handheld/laptop,im guessing on the "reflashing" part..the technicians didnt let in on the problem though.
Old 18th August 2007, 14:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Got the car back, there is some earthing problem with the ECu according to the sercice advisors. Problem was reported in north India so they checking every car.

There was not a problem with my car, so car is back and off i go to Install the Petes Digital Tuning Box
Old 18th August 2007, 15:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrisomebear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
on seeing this thread i informed my friend who had bought the car in april - may. he went to pratham motors and enquired there. they told there is some issues in wiring and told him that it will take around 3hrs to rectify it.
he did not get it done as it was around 5pm. he will be going there again tomorrow. will update regarding this
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
a friend of mine came back from the service station today as he had gone to get his swift ddis checked.according to him,they were tampering/looking at the ecu and the main wiring harness,.and then the ecu was reflashed or something as he mentioned that they had connected it to some sort of a handheld/laptop,im guessing on the "reflashing" part..the technicians didnt let in on the problem though.
Sounds a lot like Tata Motors.
Old 20th August 2007, 16:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

@hellspawn - Since your information is not first hand, please discard it.

I have been to Pratham this morning to get this checked and they checked the wiring harness to the alternator and it's grounding - I was told by a mechanic that the grounding was found to have a fault in some cars, so they are checking the whole batch, just to be sure.Mine was found to be normal. Surprise of surprises, they had already checked this at 2nd service a week back, but the supervisor I spoke to today failed to check it before repeating the exercise. I did notice them doing something out of the ordinary, but didn't know it was this. A seal is put in your service booklet, to denote that the check has been done.

This has nothing to do with the ECU. Period.
Old 20th August 2007, 20:19   #27
BHPian

They had recalled my car for a wiring harness check up. No issues found so was let off early
Old 20th August 2007, 20:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

@hellspawn - I think I jumped the gun. I was just playing the second service through my mind and realised that they had disconnected the negative lead of the battery - Now, why would they do that, unless they needed to reset the ECU? Is it a normal procedure during service?

maybe your friend was right after all, though in my case, they did not touch the ECU at any point in time.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:31   #29

Swift Diesel - Problem re-call

I had my Swift VDi checked and got verified the same.. they claim there is some "Grounding wiring to be re-placed as per the Maruthi Suzuki Circular" if your vechicle is one among the problem re-call category.

It is decided only once the vehicle is checked and verified ....

Well Car has been check'd up and got the Problem rectified.. which took two-three hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks