Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2004, 00:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 10 2004,19:54)]I`m sure if the SanStorm is launched with the Crdi engine it would do roaring business. *
I dont think so , I have never seen a sports car ( or so called ) with a diesel engine.

Already the sanstorm is expensive with the 5.75 lak tag on road bbay ,
Imagine, which fool would pay abt 6.25 ( for the crdi )for a dump looking car which has no history.
Old 12th September 2004, 02:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

better yet sonata with the terracan's crdi
Old 12th September 2004, 11:41   #18
Team-BHP Support

Today in Bangalore Hyundai's offer: Petrol version- free insurance + 4.5 lakh interest free loan or 7 lakh interest free loan. For CRDI - free insurance or 6.6 lakh interest free loan.
Dealers offering laptop presentation on Elantra.
Talk about pushing stock within few months of launch.
Old 12th September 2004, 23:04   #19
BHPian

Great! that should go a long way preventing our great Indian landscape being littered with ugly cars.
Old 29th August 2005, 17:49   #20

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

compared to all the other cars the elantra looks very outdated.and rightly said by a lot of members it loooks like an elongated accent.i am not sure if i am right but i think i understand indian car buyers mentality(not sure people.....dont kick my **s on it).but when a customer buys a car he would like the company to be associated with a bigger better expensive car first.like for eg.skoda and toyota dont have any small cars in india right now so whenever somebody says skoda or toyota, the first thing that comes to mind is the octavia nd the coroola.but when somebody says hyundai ,the first thing that comes to mind is santro.so,basically in the lower d segment people dont care whether the car is petrol or diesel,waht matters is that the company name should look expensive.hope atleas some of you agree with me.
Old 29th August 2005, 23:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
I agree with rtech and V12. Its mainly because of the looks . When an Elantra passes you really dont feel anything when say an Octavia or a Corolla for that matter. The car has absolutely no street presence at all. The body shell is very similar to that of the Accent. Customers initially might have bit the bait seeing Hyundais good reputation in the Indian auto industry but it seems to have died down. And yes the only good part is that awesome CRDi engine. And I guess those sales which GTO mentioned will be the diesel sibling.. The petrol version is a non mover.

Dippy
cant agree more....the elantra just doesnt comprise of the looks an Octi does....the kind of road presence the skoda has. much more in new delhi, where every 6-7 out of every 10 octavias are shod with low-pro chrome alloy rims. octavia has the street kinda look which the elantra can only dream of. corolla being more of a family kind of a car is still far better looking than the elantra.
its just bcoz of the crdi heart that the elantra is coming out of its showroom. nothing else.
btw, does anyone also consider another Hyundai who had the same fate.....Hyundai Getz and Tucson.
Old 30th August 2005, 03:22   #22
BHPian

The looks being the main reason; the other one was till now the price of the Old Sonata. After discounts, the price difference between the S20 and the Elantra came to less than a lac the last time I had checked out.
Old 30th August 2005, 06:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Even Corolla looks staid, but at least its not ugly loike the Elantra. That front end is simply unacceptable.
Old 30th August 2005, 11:38   #24
BHPian

well, all said n done, IMHO... the Elantra is no doubt a supreb car, except for its front looks!
its interiors are far better than the Corolla and Octavia , and can be compared to the Accord! quality vise also its just too good! and seating and all the interiors are excellent,

while the engine is also so powerful and efficient, when a person sheds around 11-12 lks, he expects to get something that "look" worht that amount from "outside too" not just inside.

but nowadays, if u see, atleast in Hyderabad, the Elantra sales are going up, u get to see lot of new elantras suddenly now. one thing might be the rising cost of the fuel, that people want to shift to diesel, and ppl getting bored of the skoda's looks, and frustrated with the skoda's ugly interiors and useless back seats!

if only Hyundai could design the Elantra lot more attractive from outside!
Old 31st August 2005, 21:33   #25

When u say Toyota u also get the Qualis in you mind right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks