Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2004, 22:57   #1
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering....why a Palio GTX...1.6 L .... isn't used in the indian rally championships ... at least i haven't heard of it being used.....why is this so....is there any restriction on entering a hatchback in the rally??

Amit.
Old 12th September 2004, 23:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Fiat probably do not give the support like Maruti and Honda too - why no Lancers despite the EVO etc ?
Old 12th September 2004, 23:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey ajmat

Honda never really provide any support to the MRF VTECs as you may want to believe. Infact, sometime ago, HM did provide support to the JK Lancers until MAI was formed.

IMO, we need for manufacturers to support rallying. Maruti is a case of a little too late. Atleast i hope, that gives an impetus to others to join in.

Revv
Old 13th September 2004, 01:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

What does any manufacturer gain by introducing their cars into rallying in India? In Europe for example, the Peugeot 206 sells easily cuz it's a WRC champ. Will such a thing happen here? India is a one sport country. People don't base their buying decisions on whether a car is winning or participating in any rallies.
As for your question, palio's have been rallying for a long time now. You can take a look at the old palio rallying here
Old 13th September 2004, 01:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at this Fiat punto.
4 cylinders 215bhp@8500rpm and 195Nm@6900rpm

The new palio rally car. Unfortunately specs are not known

Old 13th September 2004, 09:23   #6
BHPian

hey amit, palio has been rallying but not in india and i think that is what he was asking. i think it is due to the fact that the palio has not been homologated for rally use in india. even when the honda city came out in the begining, no one was using it until the vtec came and i think mrf got it homologated. same with baleno.
Old 13th September 2004, 09:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hey amit, palio has been rallying but not in india and i think that is what he was asking
sorry , i forgot to mention that the pics were of the international palio and not the indian palio. In any case, my opinion on why palio is not rallying in india is in the first paragraph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks