Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 11:40   #166
Senior - BHPian

A grande punto in a pack of lineas is a common sight on Magarpatta road connecting solapur & nagar roads. I've seen it a lot of times and it has the same patchwork camouflage as the lineas had before launch. Its as if fiat is making sure that we get good spy shots
Old 12th January 2009, 11:42   #167
BANNED

When was this reply received? If this is true, ACI COTY 2010 is here in few months

Now its real dilemma for Fiat fans: Linea or Grande Punto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
Dear Rohit,

We would be launching Grande Punto in the early part of the 2009. this is mainly due to the delay in the launch of Linea. As of today, Linea is all set to be launched on 14th January 2009. when speaking of recession, globally FIAT is being cautious of its steps towards its liabilities. Hence we want to be sure we would not falter at any point in these tough times.

Its just that we are being cautious and hoping for the revival of the market soon.

Regards,

Rajeev Kapoor
Old 12th January 2009, 11:53   #168
BHPian

ive already gone loony waiting for it.. cant believe this but am goin for a HYUNDAI for now! (no offence to hyundai owners, i personally dont enjoy driving hyundai cars, xcpt the excellent crdi's)
Old 12th January 2009, 12:03   #169
BHPian

Pics of Abarth

Just found this gallery of Abarth GP's S2000:

Fiat Grande Punto Abarth S2000

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 12th January 2009, 13:53   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
ive already gone loony waiting for it.. cant believe this but am goin for a HYUNDAI for now! (no offence to hyundai owners, i personally dont enjoy driving hyundai cars, xcpt the excellent crdi's)
My wife is holding me to gunpoint, i need to buy another car soon. I don't want to buy just any car, was planning on Punto but does'nt seem to getting launched in the near future (very near future i mean).
If i dont take a decision in the next few days anyway i would be shot dead, all Team-bhpians are invited to my funeral and FIAT is responsible.
Old 12th January 2009, 18:34   #171
BHPian

I think FIAT is trying to bet on Linea. If Linea is a success , they can launch GP with its image restored. Remember GP is the car that saved FIAT. Hope it will do the same in India.
Old 12th January 2009, 19:45   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
My wife is holding me to gunpoint, i need to buy another car soon. I don't want to buy just any car, was planning on Punto but does'nt seem to getting launched in the near future (very near future i mean).
If i dont take a decision in the next few days anyway i would be shot dead, all Team-bhpians are invited to my funeral and FIAT is responsible.
Man iam buying the hyundai with a very heavy heart (ofcourse that is just cause of my inclination towards the punto) but seriously bro if you can wait for 3 months or so dont even think bout it twice , maybe fake some financial crisis or something at home
Ofcourse this means that am gonna suck at my marriage!
Old 12th January 2009, 21:01   #173
BHPian

Linea is impressing everyone with its VFM (size, features, quality, styling). I wish FIAT does same with GP. Price it aggressively and start where Palio or Vista ends. We may finally see some shift from swift. then its also be "bye bye i20".

FIAT bring 90bhp MJD to differentiate it from Vista and Palio. Then poeple wouldn't complain about the only thing you guys lack in Linea.. powerful Engine.
Old 13th January 2009, 09:44   #174
BHPian

Was reading in ACI (Dec) the answer to a query on GP launch - and the answer was 1st half of April 09.
Old 13th January 2009, 13:39   #175

I am keeping my fingers crossed and keeping my own decision to buy i20 at bay.Hope GP gets launched soon.I want GP to be my first car.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:37   #176
Senior - BHPian

Checkout the GP on Fiat UK Website! Thats an impressive website design there

Fiat.co.uk | Fiat Showroom : Latest Offers, Book a Test Drive, Fiat Car Range and more
Old 13th January 2009, 19:01   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus View Post
I am keeping my fingers crossed and keeping my own decision to buy i20 at bay.Hope GP gets launched soon.I want GP to be my first car.
You are mesmerized kid!!!. Try going out for lots of test drives, including the Fiat linea(GPunto cousin). Then you will loose it.
Old 15th January 2009, 07:45   #178
BHPian

Fiat has registered the following domains for the grande punto

1. www.fiatgrandepunto.in
2. www.fiatgrandepunto.co.in

but none of these are operational as of now, hope they are fired up soon and the climax starts building up. Hold on tight till then.

Cheers
Old 15th January 2009, 08:46   #179
Senior - BHPian

Now that Linea is out, if Fiat can launch GP within next month or so it can generate tremendous interest in the market for Fiat. With two mindblowing cars (a sedan and a hot hatch) both available under same roof why would a prospective buyer go anywhere else!
Old 15th January 2009, 11:15   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Now that Linea is out, if Fiat can launch GP within next month or so it can generate tremendous interest in the market for Fiat. With two mindblowing cars (a sedan and a hot hatch) both available under same roof why would a prospective buyer go anywhere else!
My friends in Tata once told me (around 3-4 months back) that the GP project was running faster than even the Linea project! So things are moving quite fast @ Fiat - I think we can expect some action in the next 3-4 months. If ACI's quotes are true, we can hope for an early April 09 launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed