Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 11:26   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
My friends in Tata once told me (around 3-4 months back) that the GP project was running faster than even the Linea project! So things are moving quite fast @ Fiat - I think we can expect some action in the next 3-4 months. If ACI's quotes are true, we can hope for an early April 09 launch.
Let's keep fingers crossed, GP by or before April 2009 would be great!

Fiat cars are rather well built, and I am quite impressed by Linea as well. Hoping to see it in flesh soon!
Old 15th January 2009, 14:02   #182
BHPian

What should be pricing ?

Guys looking at Linea Killer Pricing, what is ideal pricing for GP to compete with i20, Fabia, Swift etc.? Assuming similar variants as in Linea?
Old 15th January 2009, 14:33   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Guys looking at Linea Killer Pricing, what is ideal pricing for GP to compete with i20, Fabia, Swift etc.? Assuming similar variants as in Linea?
My bet would be I10, RItz (Not yet launched), Swift, Uva and Getz range.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:20   #184
BHPian

I hope to see the GP launched with some very aggressive pricing just like the Linnea
I feel the petrol (1.2 or 1.4 FIRE) should start from the mid version of Palio MJD which is INR 5.2 - 5.4 Lacs OTR Blore (I'm not sure of the price), and the diesel should start from (1.3cc Mostly with 75 / 80 BHP) should be in 6.1 - 6.3 range OTR..Just me speculation here
Old 16th January 2009, 09:40   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
I hope to see the GP launched with some very aggressive pricing just like the Linnea
I feel the petrol (1.2 or 1.4 FIRE) should start from the mid version of Palio MJD which is INR 5.2 - 5.4 Lacs OTR Blore (I'm not sure of the price), and the diesel should start from (1.3cc Mostly with 75 / 80 BHP) should be in 6.1 - 6.3 range OTR..Just me speculation here

Linea has been launched in the current price with about 40% localisation. It seems that FIAT India is targeting a higher localisation for Punto which can bring down the price significantly. Also getting the price for Punto for any variant closer to 6.5 lakhs will cannibalize Linea which Fiat cannot afford. So I believe Grande Punto will be priced between 4.25 and 6.
Old 16th January 2009, 09:57   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
My bet would be I10, RItz (Not yet launched), Swift, Uva and Getz range.
I dont think i10 would come into the picture. Getz might be discontinued by then , so it has to be the i20 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Linea has been launched in the current price with about 40% localisation. It seems that FIAT India is targeting a higher localisation for Punto which can bring down the price significantly. Also getting the price for Punto for any variant closer to 6.5 lakhs will cannibalize Linea which Fiat cannot afford. So I believe Grande Punto will be priced between 4.25 and 6.

FYI , Linea at present has 55% localisation which would touch 90% by end of 09. I think GP should be priced 40-50k above Swift. For eg we get the middle version of GP 1.3 MJD with decent features at 6 lacs on road , that would be a good option. This car has to be priced very well. If they price the diesel close or a lil above i20 petrol & Jazz petrol range they ll surely have a winner.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:25   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
This car has to be priced very well. If they price the diesel close or a lil above i20 petrol & Jazz petrol range they ll surely have a winner.
I agree - I am eagerly waiting for this one, and i it is priced around 6L to 6.5L on road with decent features, I will buy it right away! I am quite impressed with my cousin's Palio SDX in terms of driving & mileage; only disappointment is bland interior & lack of luxury features IMO.
Old 16th January 2009, 12:28   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I read in another thread, Fiat seems to have absorbed some cost of Linea. So we may not actually see the benefit when the localization increases to 90%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
It will be interesting to see what petrol engines they offer. I hope they launch 1.2 AND 1.4 and not just 1.2 for excise benefits.
Diesel engine I expect it to be same as the Lineas 1.3 VGT variant

Last edited by SilentEngine : 16th January 2009 at 12:31.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:04   #189
BHPian

Well GP will definately compete with both i20 and i30. Has anyone seen i30 yet? Amazing car it is. Lets hope for early launch then only i20 prices can be kept at Bay. I wonder what will happen to swift?
Old 16th January 2009, 15:22   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Well GP will definately compete with both i20 and i30. Has anyone seen i30 yet? Amazing car it is. Lets hope for early launch then only i20 prices can be kept at Bay. I wonder what will happen to swift?
i30 looks awesome. But i dont think we ll get it here soon. If it comes it ll mostly come in sedan version i think. I dont think GP will be pitted against Swift anyways!!!

OT:-
Swift will undergo a facelift soon. US is getting the Next gen Swift next year so it ll hit our shores too by then.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:44   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
i30 looks awesome. But i dont think we ll get it here soon. If it comes it ll mostly come in sedan version i think. I dont think GP will be pitted against Swift anyways!!!

OT:-
Swift will undergo a facelift soon. US is getting the Next gen Swift next year so it ll hit our shores too by then.
Next year as in 2010 ? That isnt really "soon" Karan

i30 is a different segment I guess.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:49   #192
Senior - BHPian

From what I heard (Hyundai salesperson), i30 will be brought as a sedan in India. This is all set to replace the Elantra (or sell alongside it, depending on Hyundai's strategy). It just suffices to say that i30 sedan is the new Elantra. It is one beautiful looking car nevertheless.
Old 16th January 2009, 16:53   #193
BHPian

Quote:
If they launch the GP @ the price you are speculating, it would be a killer car for most of the 120's, the swift's, the getz..
I hope they do launch it by June 2009
Old 16th January 2009, 18:47   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
From what I heard (Hyundai salesperson), i30 will be brought as a sedan in India. This is all set to replace the Elantra (or sell alongside it, depending on Hyundai's strategy). It just suffices to say that i30 sedan is the new Elantra. It is one beautiful looking car nevertheless.
Any pics for that available yet?
Old 16th January 2009, 19:08   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Any pics for that available yet?
i30 is launched in Europe since more than a year I guess. A google search for i30 will show up a lot of pics.

In fact, if I remember correctly, i30 was the first in the "i" series that was launched by Hyundai.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks