Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 17:14   #286
BHPian

GP interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Pune/mumbai Team-BHPians please try and click some pics of GP Interiors, even if it means hijacking the car... hold the driver at gun-point ... do something... just get some interior pics.
I do not seem to see any rear seat head restraints. That might be because of the pic quality, but it might also be because of the usual cost cutting! What do the others make of it?
Old 29th January 2009, 17:46   #287
Senior - BHPian

@Crackingride- Its too early to comment on it . It might be the base version( Im saying this because of black coloured door handles & side mirrors). But yeah the pic below doesnt seem to have the rear head rests.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...t-gp-right.jpg
Old 29th January 2009, 18:28   #288
Senior - BHPian

check this out, from Fiat UK site
Seems similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-punto.jpg  

Old 29th January 2009, 19:18   #289
BHPian

Finally we have some good looking hatches coming our way...
Old 29th January 2009, 20:20   #290
BHPian

One of my friend is working in FIAT - Ranjangaon plant and according to him, its going to be launched in April.

Price bracket would be 5-6.5 lacs. and ironically Punto will surely kill sales of its own sibling Palio MJD. As per inside info Palio MJD will be taken off the shelf after Punto's launch.
Old 29th January 2009, 20:37   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
check this out, from Fiat UK site
Seems similar.
LHD version being featured on their UK website
Old 29th January 2009, 20:43   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
LHD version being featured on their UK website
Nice catch there . Though it looks similar to Linea, I feel because of the segment it is in, it doesnt look dated (as compared to linea..Fiat lovers dont kill me for this ). If FIAL is able to price the way they priced the Linea, then i20 and Fabia can sure run for cover.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:10   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Nice catch. Looks like the GP project is going full steam ahead. Since you caught these cars on the expressway, can you tell us how well they were moving? .
Amit, thanks. The Zebras were doing 95 to 100 kmh...
Old 29th January 2009, 22:08   #294
Senior - BHPian

This was quite a nice Fiat AD on UK Television. Engineered to entertain..

Old 29th January 2009, 22:12   #295
BHPian

Not sure if the Car is engineered to entertain but the ad sure has entertained !
Old 29th January 2009, 22:14   #296
Senior - BHPian

awesome ad. I would certainly think about Fiat once after seeing it if I were immidiately looking for a car.
Old 29th January 2009, 22:56   #297
BHPian

All right so here i am with my novice review. Had driven the diesel on the 15th itself but i wanted to wait for the petrol so i could compare. Neways im not a diesel addict and would anyways buy a petrol hence wanted to wait fot the petrol test drive.

Now the comparison
DIESEL
-Silent is the word.
-Did not feel any turbolag but excuse my ignorance as it was the first time i was driving a diesel. For me the pick up was good and short gearing much to my likeness as i drive mostly in crowded areas and it did the job perfectly.
-Did revv it in the 3rd gear on an open stretch,then in 4th and then in 5th. SURELY it took off and i realized i was driving at 90km/h and the salesman was holding tight to his seat so applied brakes.
-Nice nippy breaks even though the car i drove dint have ABS
-dint change the gear till around 20km/h, kept her in 5th only and it dutifuly agreed had to shift down though to take the turn.
-GREAT is the word for driveability and comfort as i started from bad patches of okhla and took her to the road where the shooting range starts.
-All in all a satisfying drive even with the diesel.

PETROL
-This is what i was waiting for jumped into the driver seat and asked for the keys, The salesman pointed that it was already inserted so cranked it. NOTHING HAPPENED.Tried again STILL NOTHING. Smilingly the salesman told me the engine was already on. MY O MY was it silent. You bet there was no vibration or noise whatsover. And the safety feature did the trick (think its a FIAT trademark present in all vehicles). They had to give it for ignorant souls like me or to compensate for their beautiful silent engines.
-Started decently took the potholes amazingly still wanting for more.
-Took her to the same road leading to tughlaqabad fort. Stopped her,revved hard twice,thrice and let the clutch go. WOOOO MAN loved the screach and the sound. Revved till 4000rpm in the first dint feel sluggish at all and touched 40 in no time
-Revved again til 4000 in 2nd iwas on 65.Then i started behaving decently realizing some poor soul could end up buying the same vehicle ( not me obviously coz i am sold on flamengo red).
-One word for the petrol MAKHAN..butter smooth

So am i buying it.Well the cheque is already with the dealer booked flamengo red dynamic petrol. Now the worst part of the review. The wait period-4 to 5 weeks, but anything for this beauty.

And yes i delibirately left out the looks part. Lemme guess why..Simple. No words to describe it . Stunning,Gorgeous,Beautiful (these words are an insult to the beauty) hence lets create some words to describe it.

All comments welcome even negatives coz nothing can dither me now even it gives me 2km/l mileage i would be happy enough just to let it stand in front of my house and take it out to showoff at nights at panditji at Claridges for a paan (ANYONE?)
Old 29th January 2009, 23:05   #298
Senior - BHPian

you talking about the Linea or the Grande Punto?
Old 29th January 2009, 23:15   #299
Senior - BHPian

Hes talking about Linea. Booked the car already cant be PUNTO hehe.
Old 30th January 2009, 20:14   #300
Senior - BHPian

I am actually waiting for the Grande Punto to arrive. Need to decide between Fabia, I20 and Grande Punto.

Any other premium hatches coming this year?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks