Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 19:05   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
I've been preparing a comparison sheet which might come into play for my next car purchase. Suddenly, the G.Punto has raised the stakes and made it very interesting. Please find attached the comparison sheet for cars in the 4-5 lakhs (ex-show Delhi) range. Some figures are missing (any assistance in filling those will be appreciated) and if anything is incorrect, please let me know.

Please note that i've made the comparison as per my personal criteria, likings and expectations. There is no right or wrong - e.g. I prefer hydraulic power steering as compared to an electric one, because of feedback, which is purely a personal liking. Also, I've made some suppositions regarding the G.Punto. Think this will result in some more interesting discussion.
This is really good, I found it very useful comaprison
1 comment on the sheet, i20 shows as 5 start Euro NCAP rating, but I don't think i20 has gone through the test, you may need to update it.

Hyundai was targeting for a 5 start safety raring, but the final verdict should come from NCAP
Old 25th February 2009, 19:14   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've been preparing a comparison sheet which might come into play for my next car purchase. Suddenly, the G.Punto has raised the stakes and made it very interesting. Please find attached the comparison sheet for cars in the 4-5 lakhs (ex-show Delhi) range. Some figures are missing (any assistance in filling those will be appreciated) and if anything is incorrect, please let me know.
Also, I've made some suppositions regarding the G.Punto. Think this will result in some more interesting discussion.
The G. Punto you've shown (excel sheet)in under head "G"with the 1.3 MJD is supposed to deliver 86 bhp with the VGT.It costs Rs 567,000. If thats true then it will scare the hell out of the Swifts.And as listed under head "O"the 1.3 MJD D, G.Punto costing Rs 534,600 delivers 74bhp like the Palio Stile, Swift LDi/VDi and the Indica Vista.
So do we really have the 86 bhp G. Punto awaiting a launch?
Old 25th February 2009, 19:22   #423
BHPian

GP Launch

In today Hindu's Metro Wheel, for a query they have mentioned GP will be launched only by June. Is it True?
Old 25th February 2009, 19:36   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
This is really good, I found it very useful comaprison
1 comment on the sheet, i20 shows as 5 start Euro NCAP rating, but I don't think i20 has gone through the test, you may need to update it.

Hyundai was targeting for a 5 start safety raring, but the final verdict should come from NCAP
@rajtheindian - you are quite right. I have given the rating purely on expectation, as have read a few reports regarding the i20 expected to receive the 5 star rating. (source: Hyundai i20 counters whiplash injuries - What Car?)

And anyways my analysis is based on base models. So, without features such as Airbags and ABS in the base model, the rating is only notional. But, I believe Euro NCAP takes structural rigidity, crumple zones, etc. also into consideration. This aspect is just for the sake of adding a criterion for comparison, which might be useful when considering higher-end models with all the safety features.
Old 25th February 2009, 20:25   #425
Senior - BHPian

jessie007, nice comparision. but length of the european GP is 4030 so how did you arrive at your figure of sub 4 meter?
Plus points of GP would also be (a) the build quality ie if the linea is a poiner in that direction. (b) FE if the swift DDIS is an example.
eagerly awaiting launch date.
Old 25th February 2009, 21:12   #426
BHPian

nice effort jessie007. However one glaring mistake could be bhp figure of 1.4L. I wont pay nearly 20k over 1.2L just for 2 bhp hike (negligible imo). It would be 90 ps engine like linea.

Last edited by Comrade : 25th February 2009 at 21:14.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:49   #427
Senior - BHPian

the GP launch is now romoured in may-june as fiat wants a 6-month gap between linea-punto launch and trials are being conducted on test cars to optimise fuel economy.
fiat also wants to make sure that dealers are given enough time to handle new fiat car volumes properly.

(source: ACI confidential, march 09 edition)
Old 26th February 2009, 10:52   #428
BHPian

Quote:
I've been preparing a comparison sheet which might come into play for my next car purchase. Suddenly, the G.Punto has raised the stakes and made it very interesting.
Nice comparision. even i am keeping a close watch on this car. the comparision has come in the right time for me.
Was looking at the Vista but its far from what was Perceived for the new car from TATA & the 120 is good but some how not very convienced on Hundai as well as the looks of the 120, now the GP has surely added more pointers towards it and now my decision to buy will depend on the GP's launch.

MODS:- I am sure all might be getting confussed on which tread of GP to share our views. So if possible please merge all the GP treads into one.
Old 27th February 2009, 12:46   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the GP launch is now romoured in may-june as fiat wants a 6-month gap between linea-punto launch and trials are being conducted on test cars to optimise fuel economy.
fiat also wants to make sure that dealers are given enough time to handle new fiat car volumes properly.

This is indeed sad news!! Was expecting the punto in April, now will have to wait longer. "Punto Wher art thou?"
Old 27th February 2009, 14:17   #430
BHPian

Quote:

ha ha volumes for Fiat. Just another excuse from Fiat to coverup their inabilities to launch the car in time.
By the time they launch the Punto people would have lost interest in the product. Just showing the ads in all channels is just enough to regain customer confidence.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:27   #431

Quote:

Fiat seems to live upto its "bad name" by changing plans.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:04   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quite disappointed. I was expecting Fiat to be more agressive by launching GP before Jazz( June launch). But anyways i see quite a no. of people waiting for the GP. Bring it on Fiat!!!
Old 27th February 2009, 15:13   #433
Senior - BHPian

Guess it's fair on the part of Fiat to delay this launch. Tata (their dealer network partner), is already straining their network to the fullest. The Xenon launch, the upcoming Nano launch etc., will be heavy work load for the dealers. Fiat would rather wait and watch, especially till all the noise for Nano dies down.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:08   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
In today Hindu's Metro Wheel, for a query they have mentioned GP will be launched only by June. Is it True?

this is what i have been hearing. this would be just great when they launch the car. i also hear the the Honda Jazz is rumored to be launched in June.

that is surely one helluva check-mate situation!
Old 27th February 2009, 16:21   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Quite disappointed. I was expecting Fiat to be more agressive by launching GP before Jazz( June launch). But anyways i see quite a no. of people waiting for the GP. Bring it on Fiat!!!
It could be like, depending on the Jazz pricing, FIAT will come up with another killer price?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks