Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 20:51   #466
BHPian

SilentEngine, posts from another topic regarding phasing out of palio have been merged with the punto thread, this one. Thats why you saw those posts.
Old 30th April 2009, 21:10   #467
xPK
BHPian

I'm so waiting for Punto.
If I see Punto 1.4 FIRE 75BHP instead of 90bhp, only thing I can do is .

And about phasing out Palio, somehow I'm not convinced (yet not very hard to believe).

IMO, smart move for FIAt should be, continuing with only one variant of Palio. (Do I need to say which one?), so that there won't be any clashes.
Old 1st May 2009, 01:42   #468
BHPian

The dealership from which i got this information have already given order for 22 Puntos,so we can take this as a conformation ,but I just hope that everyone remembers the Linea launch and how much they postponded it, so it wouldn't be a surprise if this also gets postponded.
Old 1st May 2009, 12:15   #469
BHPian

it is natural to discontinue Palio, after the Punto launch. anyway the 'fiat' fans fave the Punto to buy. who will buy the Palio? And it will be difficult for fiat to promote both Punto and Palio at the same time.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:44   #470
BHPian

Great news (for me) if the Grande Punto will indeed be launched soon.

I was waiting for months for the car to come. If I dont find it good enough, then its Palio MJD for me (Muneem.. remember me test driving it?). Either way its advantage FIAT.

However if my budget permits, I might end up with an SUV. So FIAT.. better come up with the GP soon and make it good enough
Old 2nd May 2009, 12:47   #471
Senior - BHPian

I am sure Fiat will launch the Grande Punto with the 75bhp multijet.
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:01   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Well 75 BHP wont hurt until it does the 0-100 dash like Swift DDiS. All you speed daemons can buy Pete's or RD and gain some BHP!!!!
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:19   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
The dealership from which i got this information have already given order for 22 Puntos,so we can take this as a conformation ,but I just hope that everyone remembers the Linea launch and how much they postponded it, so it wouldn't be a surprise if this also gets postponded.
22 cars ordered without launch or anything, is bookings started ?

i find it hard to believe, that any showroom will put that kind of money on a new car without booking even started.
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:48   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Even I have got a feeling that they might do it to keep the costs down. The only difference in the two version is the VGT and I just hope that they give VGT as an option even if on the top end version.
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:55   #475
BHPian

I disagree. I think it'll bring more economy of scale and ease of management to keep the engines of the GP same as those of the Linea.

In any case, the 8v 1.4 Petrol is grossly underpowered at 77bhp (less than that of 1.2 of Hyundai!).

To add to that, the FGT is no great performer either in the Palio - it feels much more lively in the Swift.
Old 2nd May 2009, 20:13   #476
BHPian

How about the following trims for GP:

1.4 Petrol (8 valve) : Active
1.4 Petrol (16 valve) : Dynamic and Emotion

1.3 MJD (FGT) : Active
1.3 MJD (VGT) : Dynamic and Emotion

On the Palio front, strip it off of all its current engines. To keep the existing Palio owners (read recent ones like me) happy just keep one Palio model, in medium trim with the 1.2 petrol engine (doing duty in Indica Vista Safire), for die hard Palio fanatics.
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:52   #477
BHPian

obsession with the GP?

going by the age of this thread, we seem to have been discussing the GP launch for well over 3 years now

This seems to be one very highly anticipated car.
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:11   #478
BHPian

Anticipation ?

But aren't all Fiats highly Anticipated ? but this one doesn't have the maza of a Linea thread, that was some Anticipation,

Cars being ordered by the dealer is of no great consern to them as they are confident that such a diesel car which is a totally new model will move off the showroom floor one way or the another, before the Linea was launched the Showroom had ordered 54 cars,even before anyone have seen the car.
Then getting anymore information on the car seems impossible as the dealers them selves aren't aware of anything more than the info that i just provided, as usual i think the Launch is going to get postponeded because there seems to be movement from FIAL.
Old 4th May 2009, 08:17   #479
BHPian

anticipation

You are right when it comes to the anticipation for Grande Punto compared to what we had with the Linea. The recession has hit T-BHP a bit late.
Anyways thanks very much for the updates Muneem. Keeping fingers crossed for "on-time" launch and no furthur delays.
Old 4th May 2009, 08:47   #480
BHPian

Can anybody confirm the date of Fiat GP launch?..I have to buy a car by this May..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed