Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 12:35   #541
BHPian

Fiat's 1.2 petrol engine (safire) is duing duty in Indica Vista and users seem to be okay with the power it delivers. If GP is to use that engine the performance should not be below what the Vista Safire users are getting provided it is not significantly heavier. Does anybody have info about the weight of the GP (Petrol)?
Old 7th May 2009, 13:00   #542
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgo7 View Post
prices of grande punto confirmed atleast as of today
PETROL-4.5-6.0 EX SHOWROOM
DIESEL-5.25-6.5 EX SHOWROOM
Then it will be a S W I F T Killer
Old 7th May 2009, 13:46   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
No , it wont , i don,t think it will even impact swift sales if GP is priced so high above swift.
At this, price it may be costlier than RITZ too, which in itself is new and value for money.
I think at this price it may not sell too well.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:52   #544
Senior - BHPian

ms001, if you compare the package that G Punto offers, it is certainly worth the money!
If the pricing stated by Sidgo is true, it is sure well priced!
Old 7th May 2009, 14:09   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
ms001, if you compare the package that G Punto offers, it is certainly worth the money!
If the pricing stated by Sidgo is true, it is sure well priced!
I agree , but there are hardly any features that are not available in say RITZ/FUSION/SWIFT (i,am talking only about the top end versions)

Take for example
GP petrol(top end) 6 lakhs ex showroom, that would come to 7.2 Lakh (approx) in Bangalore.

Do you think people will be willing to spend than much for a FIAT hatch, when there are options such as Swift/Ritz available for 1-1.5 lakh less from Maruti?

The 4.5lakh is for the 1.2 litre petrol GP (again too costly if u compare to swift LXI/VXI)

It may end up like FUSION/FABIA if priced so high.
Thats my opinion/reasoning .

To appeal to the mass market it has to be priced at least 50k less than what is mentioned now.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:22   #546
ashwinpak

Your reasoning does not make sense. GP is a bigger and better car than Swift. It is a segment higher.

GP is not a direct competition to swift as they are in different segments and priced differently. But those people who are willing to pay a 50K premium to buy a bigger and better car will consider the GP.

Some points one should consider:
- GP is the only car avalable in the sub 10L price range with a Euro NCAP rating of 5 stars, the max attainable by any vehicle.
- Linea MJD has the best in gear accelaration figure amony any car avalable below 10L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I agree , but there are hardly any features that are not available in say RITZ/FUSION/SWIFT (i,am talking only about the top end versions)

Take for example
GP petrol(top end) 6 lakhs ex showroom, that would come to 7.2 Lakh (approx) in Bangalore.

Do you think people will be willing to spend than much for a FIAT hatch, when there are options such as Swift/Ritz available for 1-1.5 lakh less from Maruti?

The 4.5lakh is for the 1.2 litre petrol GP (again too costly if u compare to swift LXI/VXI)

It may end up like FUSION/FABIA if priced so high.
Thats my opinion/reasoning .

To appeal to the mass market it has to be priced at least 50k less than what is mentioned now.

Old 7th May 2009, 14:31   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
To a good extent. But Swift will never be killed, specially not by a Fiat car. Most Maruti customers, for that matter most customers, will not be ready to buy a Fiat. My wife while inside Linea has got used to people knocking on the window in the traffic and in the parking areas and asking "what is the mileage, and price?". And some would just ask, "what is the cc?". My answer: "1.2" and that is it, no more questions after that. My point was that people are very curious and but very cautious.

Quote:
No , it wont , i don,t think it will even impact swift sales if GP is priced so high above swift.
At this, price it may be costlier than RITZ too, which in itself is new and value for money.
I think at this price it may not sell too well.
What are you saying? If the price mentioned above are to be true, they are marginally costlier than Swift. What is the cost of Swift diesel LDi to a hypothetical ZDi? BTW, RITZ is a segment below Swift. Then RITZ should kill Swift.

Last edited by opendro : 7th May 2009 at 14:39. Reason: Added more quotes
Old 7th May 2009, 15:21   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
What are you saying? If the price mentioned above are to be true, they are marginally costlier than Swift. What is the cost of Swift diesel LDi to a hypothetical ZDi? BTW, RITZ is a segment below Swift. Then RITZ should kill Swift.
SWIFT prices (BLR ex showroom)

MARUTI SWIFT LXI (BHARAT STAGE III) 4,05,355
MARUTI SWIFT VXI (BHARAT STAGE III) 4,35,589
MARUTI SWIFT VXI (BHARAT STAGE III WITH ABS) 4,54,622
MARUTI SWIFT LDI (BHARAT STAGE III) 4,66,895
MARUTI SWIFT VDI (BHARAT STAGE III) 4,96,465
MARUTI SWIFT ZXI (BHARAT STAGE III WITH ABS) 5,15,640
MARUTI SWIFT VDI (BHARAT STAGE III WITH ABS) 5,18,838

They need to price it below/par with SWIFT to offer any sort or competition.

P.S. RITZ is priced higher than SWIFT as per insider information available on TEAM BHP.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:00   #549
BHPian

Quote:

They need to price it below/par with SWIFT to offer any sort or competition.

P.S. RITZ is priced higher than SWIFT as per insider information available on TEAM BHP.
If they need to price the Punto on par with Swift they need shrink the Punto size and and make the low quality interiors and crunch the legrooms space for Punto.

i guess we can stop comparing swift with punto . why compare apple and oranges
Old 7th May 2009, 16:10   #550
BHPian

so after linea vs city, it time for swift vs punto eh?

I fail to understand why people can't comprehend that punto is cheapest bigger car as compared to swift which is costliest smaller car. bigger and smaller strictly in terms of dimensions and if punto gets linea engines, it is a bigger and better car in terms of every spec.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:20   #551
Senior - BHPian

Comrade ji, the debate is not about which one is a better car, all of us know that GP is miles ahead in all respects.The debate is how much will it sell in comparisons to others, as said by some here "It will kill the SWIFT"
Old 7th May 2009, 16:22   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Comrade ji, the debate is not about which one is a better car
Precisely, the debate is more to figure out what would be the ideal pricing and other basket of things(maintenance/warranty) that Fiat can offer which will make any one looking to buy a Swift switch to the GP. As of now, for the common buyer on the streets, Swift would remain miles ahead of the GP.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:23   #553
BHPian

nothing will outsell a maruti in hatchback segment. May be a small honda (not fit/jazz, something more smaller), if only they shed their premium image, atleast for smaller cars.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:31   #554
BHPian

According to this forum, GP is scheduled for launch in first or second week of June this year.. But, at Concorde, Bangalore they tell me that the launch is not going to happen for another 2 months..

Any body knows for sure???
Old 7th May 2009, 16:47   #555
Senior - BHPian

Forget Swift, beating Fabia is what seems more realistic to me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks