Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 11:34   #871
BHPian

Hey FIAT - give us more POWWWERRRR

Not everybody, definitely not everybody is satisfied with the 1.3 L FGT version. I for one am not - also check out what our rubber burning doc has to say-

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Most on this forum know about this 16 valve 1.6VGT I am talking about. This repost is for your benefit. The 1.3 in any form cannot hold a candle to this engine. Please go through the links and know why I am so damn crestfallen. Also note that very few parts inventory increase for the parent company to release this engine in India which I read somewhere on the net when googling.

Fiat Grande Punto 1.6 Multijet 120hp
Old 23rd May 2009, 11:46   #872
Senior - BHPian

I have news that it would be the same engine as in the linea.rumour is that the price would be more than the swift.its a good product till now and i dont see anything why it should change after the launch.And there is something called branding a product.The length of this GP thread shows how many fiat/ferrari(LOLZ) fans are out there.This one is sure to bring something for the TATA dealers which they have never found among themselves.
ram
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:42   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I have news that it would be the same engine as in the linea.rumour is that the price would be more than the swift.
Same as Linea? I think you meant this for the petrol version not the diesel right. Well, I will be praying to get the VGT MJD but can live with the FGT version (Pete's may be down the line). Price does not bother me that much and IMHO GP should command a small premium over the Swift.
Old 23rd May 2009, 15:56   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I have news that it would be the same engine as in the linea.
That has my ears UP! Do you mean the diesel engine? I am hoping against hope that the GP will have the 1.3L VGT.

Quote:
rumour is that the price would be more than the swift.
Deservingly so. Fiat shouldn't be targetting the Swift with the GP. It's the i20, Fabia and upcoming Polo that it should logically compete with.

Since the i20 isn't avaliable with a diesel, the GP, in all probablity, will be my next car and I hope it exhibits the same Italian passion as my current Fiat.

Last edited by amit : 23rd May 2009 at 15:57.
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:15   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
That has my ears UP! Do you mean the diesel engine? I am hoping against hope that the GP will have the 1.3L VGT.

Deservingly so. Fiat shouldn't be targetting the Swift with the GP. It's the i20, Fabia and upcoming Polo that it should logically compete with.

Since the i20 isn't avaliable with a diesel, the GP, in all probablity, will be my next car and I hope it exhibits the same Italian passion as my current Fiat.
I sincerely hope that as you said it showcases the Italian passion, Guess there should be a separate thread to future GP owners. However I am going to wait and hold onto my GTX for a while, the GP is tempting though.
Old 23rd May 2009, 21:25   #876
BHPian

Are there Abarth kits available for the diesel punto ?
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:03   #877
BHPian

I drove down to Bangalore and back and saw 4 puntos being pushed to limit. This was between Pune and Kholapur. All of them were test muels and there was a fifth car being tested which was a linea. Guess they are going to introduce a new engine in linea which was being tested.
Old 24th May 2009, 04:18   #878
BHPian

No way one can compare swift with gp coz it would be bigger and much better build car.I havent seen a swift that does not rattles after 10k kms.
Old 24th May 2009, 06:14   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
No way one can compare swift with gp coz it would be bigger and much better build car.I havent seen a swift that does not rattles after 10k kms.
you should try the palio.
it will outlast the swift for sure.5 years in the palio and not 1 rattle.
Old 24th May 2009, 09:39   #880
BHPian

10 more days for the official launch. ( June 3 right)
Just cant wait for the launch.
So are we getting a VGT on the diesel. This is making thing more interesting.
Have to wait for the official launch to see how far these rumors are true.
Old 24th May 2009, 12:55   #881
BHPian

Yup can't wait for this car. I'm going for a stile 1.6 test drive today. Let's see where the punto takes us.
Old 24th May 2009, 16:24   #882
BHPian

ACI's forum has a member post regarding a test drive of the 1.4 emotion pack (and pictures of the blue, silver and white color).

The post is here:
Autocar India Forums: Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

The blue color looks good..though the author does mention that he does not find the pickup of the 1.4 to be all that great.
Old 24th May 2009, 16:29   #883
Senior - BHPian

that member was me on ACI and here the link for more details and review of GP 1.4L petrol model
[TAI Excl.] INDIAN Spec. Fiat Punto 1.4 Driven.

source:theautomitiveindiaforums.com
Old 24th May 2009, 16:43   #884
BHPian

A lot of cost cutting, especially at the interiors, is obvious looking at the pics..The person who TDed the car has also mentioned that the leg room at rear is not as expected, I wasn't expecting this because I was contemplating punto over swift only for this reason, the alloys look appealing though..
I would expect punto to be priced on par with swift if not higher..

Hope Fiat launches it on June 3rd !! And thinking whether it will be a winner?Only time can tell..
Old 24th May 2009, 17:07   #885
Senior - BHPian

The blue Punto has no dashboard or A/c vents visible yet the author says he switched on the ACC. Is that possible? Where will the cool air come out from?

Car shows a lot of stuff told to us by sid. It has black and grey interiors in the Emotion+ trim. Thank God there is no beige! I am wondering if the GP will get arm rest like the Linea.

Quote:
When asked abt Fuel efficiency, he said, Fiat never bothers about Fuel efficiency.
So why no VGT then? What did your relative say about the MJD. Is it same as Linea?

Last edited by amit : 24th May 2009 at 17:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed