Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 12:10   #976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post

3. Grande -- tushky confirmed that grande lowest spec brought in to get taxi and car operators a better looking sumo. the interiors could be revamped for all higher spec models to take the battle to the xylo . Exteriors have been well received and could remain as is. They want to make this the flagship MUV model before more competition arrives.
A request to Mods:

can we move this portion to the Sumo Grande thread please?

KP, by interiors do you mean the seats or the dashboard as well? That is the biggest sore point in the Grande. And yeah, the oddly shaped door locks which appear to be broken if the door is unlocked
Old 29th May 2009, 12:26   #977
BANNED

yes its drifting to OT
Old 29th May 2009, 12:34   #978
BHPian

My brother-in-law is due for a new car and he has developed some Palio-lust after getting to drive and to travel in my MJD. His position in job allows him a car of higher budget but he does not want a sedan. We fianlly decided on GP diesel.

After my recent bad experience with braking it was also decided that ABS is a must. Will the Dynamic Pack come with ABS and is a radio/cd standard with Dynamic Pack? We both think that many of the features of the Emotion Pack (in Linea) are overkill for our typical use.
Old 29th May 2009, 12:56   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
OT: I saw one at Concorde when I was there last week, the SA told me that it was the 3 litre DI turbo from the Sumo, I did see the lump but could not see the nomenclature as in 483, 475 etc. So I dont know if it was the 2.0l or 3.0l.

Did the one you saw have black matt bumpers ?
saw 2 of them today on the way to work and my neighbour confirmed they were driving with him to work it would have the old 3 litre DI engine, basic interiors and black matt bumpers. They are being demoed to all sales guys and teams of dealers sales reps for pune
Old 29th May 2009, 12:59   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
A request to Mods:

can we move this portion to the Sumo Grande thread please?

KP, by interiors do you mean the seats or the dashboard as well? That is the biggest sore point in the Grande. And yeah, the oddly shaped door locks which appear to be broken if the door is unlocked
expect more changes on the dashboard and doors than the seats. they are also thinking of something on lines of ddas as in xylo

and yes Mods -- as amtak said this discussion is OT in a GP thread.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:00   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
1. GP -- 9th or 10th June tentative date. They know that Jazz is going to hog all the limelight and are worried @ going head on for eyeball space and mindspace. The H badge can ask for a premium no fiat-tata hence they worry. The performance of all engines will be detuned to make it look a tad lower in performance than the linea. this is true for petrol versions. diesels would remain as is
De-tuning the petrol is sad news. Wonder why they would do that. People who buy the 1.4 want more power, not less. We would have settled for the 1.2 if we wanted less power.

If the diesel engine remains the same, does this mean it will have the VGT?

Quote:

I gave a cheque of 1.5 lacs to asl motors jamshedpur and they have promissed me the first piece of punto in town.I would be getting he white diesel emotion pack.

Now that's a true Fiat believer.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:26   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
it adorns the homepage here Fiat Grande Punto
The link is not opening.
Can someone post a pic here?
Old 29th May 2009, 13:39   #983
BHPian

http://www.fiatpunto.com/img/prehome2_01.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The link is not opening.
Can someone post a pic here?
Old 29th May 2009, 13:39   #984
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at all generations of the Punto. I've driven the MkI. The MkII is much better. The MkII facelift is sold alongside the Grande Punto. The first 3 versions were Punto and not Grande Punto. I wish they would launch the 3 door version in India.
Pictures from Wikipedia
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-760pxfiat_punto_s-1.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-800pxfiat_punto_front_20071212.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-799pxpunto3.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-800pxfiat_grande_punto_sport.jpg  

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 29th May 2009 at 13:45. Reason: 3 door comment
Old 29th May 2009, 13:44   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
After my recent bad experience with braking it was also decided that ABS is a must. Will the Dynamic Pack come with ABS and is a radio/cd standard with Dynamic Pack? We both think that many of the features of the Emotion Pack (in Linea) are overkill for our typical use.

dear tortoisenhare, GP does not come with dynamic pack. you have to go with emotion.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:46   #986
BHPian

well if they can detune the engine for the petrol just to keep things interesting for Linea.
Then i think it is hopeless to expect VGT in GP
I think its FGT for GP then.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:48   #987
Senior - BHPian

There is no point in speculation , the launch in not far away.
Old 29th May 2009, 14:10   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Have a look at all generations of the Punto. I've driven the MkI. The MkII is much better. The MkII facelift is sold alongside the Grande Punto. The first 3 versions were Punto and not Grande Punto. I wish they would launch the 3 door version in India.
Pictures from Wikipedia
I liked the blue punto. Can't they launch it as the Uno in India?
Old 29th May 2009, 14:27   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
well if they can detune the engine for the petrol just to keep things interesting for Linea.
Then i think it is hopeless to expect VGT in GP
I think its FGT for GP then.
It's already a confirmed news that GP is only coming in FGT - Fiat CEO Rajeev Kapoor himself confirmed it. I am looking forward to it though.
Old 29th May 2009, 14:28   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Pictures from Wikipedia
nice. i have seen all of them in real. the 2nd and 3rd generation punto very much look like Tata Indica from Rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-2004-fiat-punto-1.2-active-5d-rear.jpg  

Last edited by tushky : 29th May 2009 at 14:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks