Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:54   #31
BHPian

Looks more 'Vista-ish' from the rear, with those raked up tail lights. Funny how some cars look so much different in different colours. Punto in red or blue as seen in some advertisements looks far more appeasing than the one spied. But great catch nonetheless. This shows that FIAL still has plans of launching 'Punto' in the Indian market inspite of the Linea fiasco.
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:55   #32

Great stuff Naikpranav, Its another hot hatch...two side streaks look great from rear side. Got vista style stop lamps on rear bumper (looks like it?).
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:03   #33
BHPian

Nice pics, the car looks well put together and spacious, and nothing sticking out like a sore thumb design wise. It looks more composed to me than the Linea.

With the multijet and priced well it will definitely be one of the top considerations in the hatchback space, along with the i20. Good times for hatchback buyers next year.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Can be a segment leader if it delivers value. Fantastic scoop.
Rear look not what I like, but then styling parameters and definitions deffer from person to person.

If the linea is 1248cc, I hope that they dont give us 56 bhp 800cc diesel. This car must have atleast 1.6 ltr engine in diesel and petrol format. i20 seems to have a very tough competetion. Pricing will be key.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

It sure is a hot hatch and Im wating for it desparatly.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:21   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice looking car. I truly hope Fiat India doesnt screw it this last time.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:34   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see the punto -- though it looks very very bland from the pics. Something doesn't seem right -- maybe the white color and the absence of alloys etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
.... didnt get pictures of the linea as it was hidden and with funny graphics all over. ....
mmmm... That's strange, LINEA still hidden & masked with funny graphics all over. Why would it be masked now? It would have been launched by now -- if the Mumbai attacks had not happened.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:42   #38
BHPian

Thank you mods for doing the needful !

As I said earlier, these were shot in the parking lot of the Dukes retreat, Khandala. Had gone with the GF for lunch in out Swift D, was admiring the car from a distance when i noticed two of these.

interior pics were not possible because of the 1.3mp camera phone from the paleolithic age and a constant bickering sound of why do i need to get excited when I see a car that hasn't even been launched !

However, that said, the GF did have her own comments about the quality of materials and the design of the ORVMs. (we're both designers) And that I don't need another hatch, (have the Wagon R, Swift D, Fabia Tdi, bought in that order) though I don't mind getting rid of the Swift D.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

You mean the Linea was masked and the Grande Punto was without any camouflaging? Only Fiat can come up with something like this!

Great catch though. I hope Fiat is developing the 1.4 Turbojet petrol and 1.6 or 1.9 JTD 6 speed M/T for both the Linea and GP. Fiat was the first (and still the only) carmaker to have a proper hot hatch in India. I hope they push the hot hatch envelope further with the GP.
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
A vehicle without any camouflage is generally a good sign. So is this a sign of some sorts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
You mean the Linea was masked and the Grande Punto was without any camouflaging? Only Fiat can come up with something like this!
Maybe there is now change in plans. Maybe Fiat has decided that for some reason, " it is wise " to launch the GP in Jan /Feb / Match...'09 instead of the Linea!
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:57   #41
BHPian

if i20 is launched before the grande punto, it will take the sheen out. checking on the fiat uk site, the punto looked nice but something is missing in the indian version.
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
if i20 is launched before the grande punto, it will take the sheen out. checking on the fiat uk site, the punto looked nice but something is missing in the indian version.
A friend from one of the Tata subsidiaries was telling me that Fiat is redesigning the bumper to bring the car down from 4030 mm length to under 4000 so that they can take advantage of excise benefits - maybe thats the difference?
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

All it needs now is a set of nice rims.
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:23   #44
BHPian

Fantastic Scoop, this one would be the best out of the FIAT - India bags for sometime, I hope they launch this car by May - June 2009
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:32   #45
BHPian

It is looking fine, all the pre-delivery cars in company godowns look like this without any fitments and accessories.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks