Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post

Would some one buy Punto if the mind blowing Linea is available for 1-2
lacs more?

Would some one buy ageing (but awesome) Palio if Punto is available for 1 lac more?

Either they should scrap Palio and reduce the price of Punto OR Reduce price of Palio if they want to sell all the three cars at same time!

Any thoughts?
This argument can be extended to any and every car available in India on this side of 10 lakhs! Why buy Swift if Dzire is available for 1 lakh more. Why buy Indica when Indigo is available for 1 lakh more. But still these cars sell, that too in huge volumes.
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:19   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
@Ferro
(3)Again, IMHO, GP is one of the best looking hatches in the world.
+1 to that mate. I too think it is one of the best looking hatches with great visual balance. I am hoping against hope that the pricing will be on the right side of 5L (atleast the petrol version, please FIAT!!!)
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Looks are subjective buddy
I just love the looks of this car, as you can make out from my avatar

If you look at different markets where Punto is present, 75 bhp MJD is kind of given, but here they also have Palio which has 75 bhp MJD, so not sure if they bring in only 90 bhp version here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
These are two shots of the Punto 3 door taken by me last year in Switzerland. I was relatively unimpressed by the way the low spec Punto looked in real. It looked way better in pictures. Have a look at the wheel caps, you might see these on the Indian Punto.
I agree with you on that completely and it was just my opinion. However judging by these pics i still maintain i20 looks better.
i may buy GP becoz of its engine or price but wont for the looks for sure.

Last edited by harry10 : 23rd December 2008 at 19:21.
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:26   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Would some one buy ageing (but awesome) Palio if Punto is available for 1 lac more?

Either they should scrap Palio and reduce the price of Punto OR Reduce price of Palio if they want to sell all the three cars at same time!

Any thoughts?
The palio which we see here is one generation older. In 2010 we will be getting a new Palio.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th December 2008 at 12:16. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire post & keep only relevant part. Thanks
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:27   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
This argument can be extended to any and every car available in India on this side of 10 lakhs! Why buy Swift if Dzire is available for 1 lakh more. Why buy Indica when Indigo is available for 1 lakh more. But still these cars sell, that too in huge volumes.
I know there is no end to this argument but I'am saying this in context of FIAT cars. I'am not considering other cars.
The price bracket for Palio and Punto would be definitely confusing. For a person with budget of 5 lacs he might definitely want to push in 1 more for a punto.
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:44   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
looks to me similar like Linea or maybe I am wrong

Fiat needs to go back to design room and make cool designs like the i series from Hyundai.
Its actually the other way around. Linea was designed on Punto platform. Even then, it is not like it is a Punto with a boot.
Coming to the design, Punto is designed by legendary Giorgetto Giugiaro [ Giorgetto Giugiaro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ]

Quote:
I know there is no end to this argument but I'am saying this in context of FIAT cars. I'am not considering other cars.
The price bracket for Palio and Punto would be definitely confusing. For a person with budget of 5 lacs he might definitely want to push in 1 more for a punto.
Why aren't you considering other cars? Your argument doesn't make sense if you are not applying the same logic to all cars.
Not everyone can strech their budget. Also needs are different, why will someone not interested in a sedan consider Linea when he is going to buy a Punto

Last edited by SilentEngine : 23rd December 2008 at 19:55.
Old 23rd December 2008, 20:01   #97
BHPian

Pranav! awesome scoop- thanks for sharing the pictures mate.

Folks, in one of the tech spec pictures I see 4030 MM is the over all length. So shaving off 31 MM like FORD did to the FUSION(D) they can avail some benefits right? I hope FIAT is doing it.
Old 23rd December 2008, 20:18   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
Pranav! awesome scoop- thanks for sharing the pictures mate.

Folks, in one of the tech spec pictures I see 4030 MM is the over all length. So shaving off 31 MM like FORD did to the FUSION(D) they can avail some benefits right? I hope FIAT is doing it.
Make it cheaper so its even more of hot seller.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:13   #99
BHPian

great scoop dude!

one really cant make out the quality of parts on a test vehicle.
i loved the rear more than the front side.
in most of the cars its opposite for me.i like the front more than the rear.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:34   #100
BHPian

Any idea what is turning radius for GP ? Hope it will not look like a truck taking
turn.( always had this problem with fiat siena no matter who drives)
Old 24th December 2008, 00:35   #101
BHPian

Wow! Im completely smitten by it. Agree with some - the low spec car may be sold in plain-jane avtaar. However the loaded version / after market fits can make this one look like a million bucks!

Now only if Fiat offer something exciting under the hood atleast as an option. It would be great to have a high revving 1.6 or 1.8 as a option. Now that would really complement the exterior well!
Old 24th December 2008, 01:08   #102
BHPian

Looking at the snaps, I certainly think that the GP has some length shaved off in the rear bumper. The rear bumper reminds me of the Indica vista in some ways. I am not sure of the front bumper design though.
Old 24th December 2008, 01:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
It was a heart breaker in 2005 when it was launched and still has the capability to turn heads in 2009. But, I think the Hyundai i20 will take the cake now as far as looks and appeal are concerned. That car is a stunner from all angles, especially that very aggressive front end.
Although looks are subjective, I certainly like the GP better than the i20.
The i20 looks as if they could stop designing it while GP has clean classic well formed lines and a maserati'sfront. Cant believe you like i20 over the GP.... to put it in better words the i20 is flash while the GP is classier.
Old 24th December 2008, 02:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

i20 Vs Punto. A lot will will depend on the engine, features and price being offered. Hyundai surely has an edge with its network and success in India. For Fiat, a lot will depend on how well the Linea is accepted.
Old 24th December 2008, 02:28   #105
BHPian

Agreed, yes the Punto does have the classier lines of the two, and it is a thoroughly well proportioned design. Then again, the spy pictures on this thread atleast look quite uninspiring. On the other hand the i20 is fresh from the oven. Its not necessarily a better design allround, but the overall stance is very aggressive and sporty, atleast it does look that way in pictures on the spy thread in the international auto section. If you compare what we've seen so far of the two here in India, I think the i20 promises to be a looker too.

If you notice, the Grande Punto has been on my list of obsessions since the time I joined this forum and there is a good reason for that. Just hope the Indian GP lives up to whatever I thought it would be like.

Last edited by roms : 24th December 2008 at 02:33.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks